Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Looking for something iconic
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom Favoured: 4
TOPIC: Looking for something iconic
Jessica
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Looking for something iconic 10 Years ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I am new here to Dokuga, and the fandom itself. I am a budding writer, and a good friend of mine spoke highly of the community here. I am joining in hopes of learning new things and broadening my horizons.

I was hoping I could ask for some assistance. I was hoping to find some iconic stories within this fandom, ones that you find to be inspirational. I am looking particularly for stories that show depth of character and a talent for plot. I have perused a few of the recommended sections, but I was hoping for something more based on the content and writing style versus ones where they are rewriting the anime.

If you know a truly unique story, could you please share it with me?

I would be most thankful for your assistance!

Best regards,

Addy

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 10 Years ago Karma: 277
If you are not underaged, read anything by Demonlordlover on the 'Spark archive:

http://www.dokuga.com/spark/profile?&aid=6303

Very few of her stories retell the anime or manga, she mostly used the characters as she saw fit. You can also find other stories of hers here on the main Dokuga site:

http://www.dokuga.com/component/comprofiler/viewprofile?user=73

Most of her work was MA, so no YIMs, (Young Impressionable Marbles)!!

Enjoy!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

bookgirl813
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 10 Years ago Karma: 76
Honestly, I think the works of Kanna37 are amazing for style and plot. Her Fuyu series was her very first for this pairing and is just absolutely fantastic. She has also written many Inuyasha/Kagome and Inupapa/Kagome fictions (found on FF.net) that are particularly amazing.

Fuyu, and Fuyu no Kokoro is rated M
Fuyu no Shimekiri (Winter's End) is rated MA

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/23 17:24 By aijoinu.
Fye
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 10 Years ago Karma: 24
I think Forthright has some of the most iconic stories this fandom has. Not only is she a great writer, her stories are amazing and her characters are well portrayed, I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Logged Logged
KouseiJL
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 10 Years ago Karma: 17
There are several stories that I've found to be rather iconic for the fandom:

Seven Fuedal Fairy Tales
by ladybattousai

Please note, Rated MA, so please no minors! (YIMs not allowed!)

Tales From the House of the Moon
By: Resmiranda

Rated M by Fanfiction.net's standards
(EDIT BY WICCAN - definitely rated MA/NC17 on the 'Spark archive!)

Wisteria
By: MissTeak

Embrace the Silence
By: Trouble in Shangri-la

Again, all Rated MA

There are also many authors on here who have incredibly senses for audience, atmosphere, character development, plot intrigue, etc. SunsetMiko, YoukaiYume, Forthright, Danyealle-sama, Madison, Oroyukae, hairann, yabou, Crystal Echoes, quietwhisper, the list could go on.

I'm sure you'll get quite a list to review but if you are ever looking for more, just ask!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/23 21:02 By wiccanmethuselah.
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 10 Years ago Karma: 109
You should definitely check out Miss Teak and Kanna 37. If you are not underaged I would recommend Dancing With Scissors and Maid With Care. The first is a chapter story (and the one that is rated MA) and the second is a drabble story. Also, stories on FF.net that I consider iconic are:
The Once and Future Taiyoukai
Tears of the Fallen
Temporal Sequence

Temporal Sequence is rated MA like "Dancing With Scissors". Also check out stories from Tally Mark. I think that her stories are rated anywhere from K-M so just keep that in mind.

I hope that helped

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/23 22:07 By kaoruhana.
Ikaru
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 10 Years ago Karma: 21
I would personally recommend anything by Rinseternalsoul.

However be warned all of her stuff is MA at some point, but if you are old enough her stuff is awesome!

Edit:Her stuff can also be found in the Spark archive

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/23 22:53 By Ikaru.

the snow covers the world in a blanket of white, making it pure once more...

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 10 Years ago Karma: 55
Oh yeah, Dancing With Scissors is one of my all time favorite AU's. Read anything from piratequeen0405.
There is a oneshot by ladybattousei called Stardust that I think everyone needs to read as well. That one is the second chapter of a collection of oneshots. dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/5889/2 rated M, not the oneshot itself but the series it is in.
Also, I second the TallyMark suggestion. www.fanfiction.net/u/1057856/Tally-Mark
I dig Priestess Skye's stuff as well.
dokuga.com/component/comprofiler/viewprofile?user=77
Oh, and Silver Standard Society's Crooked Teeth.
dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/6148/1
I don't know if RosieB was mentioned yet, but yep, her as well.
A lot were already mentioned. Gah! Too many talented people! Lol

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/23 23:34 By cakeiton.

dancingfingers
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 10 Years ago Karma: 33
Jessica wrote:
Hello,

I am new here to Dokuga, and the fandom itself. I am a budding writer, and a good friend of mine spoke highly of the community here. I am joining in hopes of learning new things and broadening my horizons.

I was hoping I could ask for some assistance. I was hoping to find some iconic stories within this fandom, ones that you find to be inspirational. I am looking particularly for stories that show depth of character and a talent for plot. I have perused a few of the recommended sections, but I was hoping for something more based on the content and writing style versus ones where they are rewriting the anime.

If you know a truly unique story, could you please share it with me?

I would be most thankful for your assistance!

Best regards,

Addy

Hmm. If I have to point someone with a well-portrayed characters, I'm gonna say it's forthright. She is well-known for her perfect drabbles, great characterization, and slow-progress light romance tipped with comedy. Unspoiled is the one that changed me into a Sess/Kag shipper.

Not that she is not good with multi-chapter stories or one-shot, she definitely has a unique and addictive writing style. I sometimes reread her oneshots such as Pale Shadows and Troved

Or, check out Kanna37. She has a knack in writing a good plot and surprising twist--her writing style is like a story-telling. You know, as if it is your own mother telling bedtime stories. Most of her works are rated M or MA, but my favorite is still In Death, Trust Me as You Didn't In Life , MA.

Ah, and if you're looking for 'rewriting anime', she has one... Nefarious (MA).

Anyway, I guess most people may say that The Tale of The House of The Moon by Resmiranda is iconic (I think it's MA rated?), but I haven't read it yet, so... *shrug*

Demonlordlover is also a very good writer. The pace of her story is so, I don't know, smooth? I've read some of her stories and I have to say that I envy her skill! Most (or all?) works are rated MA.

NicoRavenPen has written the sweetest romance I've ever read like, Death Becomes Her (MA), Substitute Groom (M), and Pack (M).

Her characterization is very, very good.

And don't forget Sugar0o. Memoirs of Blue Eyed Geisha (MA) made me cry like a baby

although, she is more known of her amazing fanarts... and her shameless smut LOL.

Logged Logged
Kagome Ketchup
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 10 Years ago Karma: 3
Here are some more iconic fics on my fave list:

1. "Reaching for Perfection" by DaiyoukaiGeisha (www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1219/1) - Rated MA and incomplete but there are enough chapters for entertainment...this is funny, irreverent, romantic and simply great storytelling.

2. "Laying Amongst Dokatsu" by Nostawen Allesiel (www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1968/1) - Rated M and the first fic that got me hooked to the sesskag pairing...also incomplete but lots of chapters for your entertainment

3. "Yellow Brick Road" by Emmaren (www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/45/1) - Rated MA and simply a masterpiece of darkness...must have read this a gazillion times...this one is complete

Logged Logged
Jessica
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 10 Years ago Karma: 0
Thank you very much for all your suggestions! I am steadily making my way through some of your suggestions now. These are very well written, I am glad! Much of my experience with fan fiction has been mediocre at best, it just appears I was looking in the wrong place!

Hopefully I will find some emotionally riveting stories in here.

On another note, I am swiftly approaching 30, so I am comfortable with all ratings. I notice many of your suggestions tend to gravitate towards the MA rating, so I am able to read them.

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Forum rules require us to state the rating of fics linked and recommended so YIMs don't click on them unwittingly. But glad you can read the MAs, cause there are some great ones :]

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
cakeiton wrote:
Forum rules require us to state the rating of fics linked and recommended so YIMs don't click on them unwittingly. But glad you can read the MAs, cause there are some great ones :]

Thank you, cake, for not adding that the Wiccan is an evol overlord who insists on monitoring stuffs like that! LOL!!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
Thank you, cake, for not adding that the Wiccan is an evol overlord who insists on monitoring stuffs like that! LOL!!

~~me~~

Well, I just assumed that was implied lol ;] Wiccan- Protector of YIMs and Forum Enforcer Extraordinaire!

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
cakeiton wrote:

Well, I just assumed that was implied lol ;] Wiccan- Protector of YIMs and Forum Enforcer Extraordinaire!

*snerk*

Thanks you, m'dear! That sounds so much better than "Evol Overlord!"

~~me~~

Logged Logged

Caleesci
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 10 Years ago Karma: 9
I wish Wisteria was finished... Loved that one!

Logged Logged

I claimed the Shikon no Tama in the Dokuga Claim Game
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 62

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/16 10:02 By silentsoliloquy82.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Looking for something iconic 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 216
dancingfingers wrote:
And don't forget Sugar0o. Memoirs of Blue Eyed Geisha (MA) made me cry like a baby

although, she is more known of her amazing fanarts... and her shameless smut LOL.

Smutz are awesome! Smutz for Prezident! Hounor on your Smutz! Viv La Smutz! May the Smutz be with You!

My most favorite still to this day like 8 years after i started reading all this is:
Evolution by sarhea www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1696/1
Repost of a fic on A Single Spark. What if being the Shikon Miko forced Kagome to evolve, to become something more... What would she become? Inspiration... Evolution by Eternity of Sins. It is a wonderful fic and I highly recommend reading it and Opposites Attracted. Warnings... This is an AU - I do not know how the real manga and anime ends.
Rating: MA - Universe: Canon - Status: Complete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Drama, Erotica, Romance - Updated: 02-28-09 - Created: 02-23-09 Chapters: 6 - Reviews: 16 - Words: 14,258 - Reads: 31,720 - Anonymous Reading: Yes

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/16 21:30 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Looking for something iconic 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 62
There are so many fics and authors that could be chosen.

Violation of Honor by Rinseternalsoul
Rated:Y (It would M or MA on Dokuga. NO YIMS!)

This fic of hers isn't found on Dokuga or Spark to my knowledge, but remains a favorite of mine along with several of her other works.

Anime/Manga: InuYasha
Genre(s): Romance / Hentai / Drama / Angst / Action | Type: Continuation
Latest Revision: October 08, 2008 13:42 EDT
Author: Rinseternalsoul
Pages: 134 | Words: 373497 | Size: 2005 KB | Visits: 128030
Summary:
Canon: Sesshomaru faces a vindictive female youkai that holds a weapon that controls the mind, and he becomes her slave to all things carnal. Used and broken, can a miko's gentle touch save him? Sess/Kagome Very Hentai

www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_ch.php?cid=457366&submit=View+Chapter&id=132945

Giving Back by Sarhea
Rated: MA (NO YIMS!)

Kagome insists on taking a small break in the shard hunting quest, to volunteer for a specific charity in October. In the future she meets someone from the past, learns of things she had never expected, and finds a place for herself. [Nominated 2012 Q1 Dokuga Awards: Best Canon and Best Lemon] Warning: discussion of breast cancer, explicit sex, Kinks, Exhibitionism, BDSM, beastility (closest warning word), Pregnancy, Labour ~ For the 'Think Pink' Challenge ~ For r0o’s 3rd GM Challenge 2011.

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/6654/1

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/17 03:56 By silentsoliloquy82.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.