Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I write to...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: I write to...
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 216
Much like my Lemon banner thread, and the "Claim Game Thread, this is going to be an interactive thread for me.

:3

Hey Folks, I was wondering why you Dokuga write fanfiction.

Do you do it to keep yourself calm, to relax? Do you do it because your stressed, because you enjoy it, Because your mad at how the manga/series ended. Tell me why in both detail, and a basic form, and I'll make you a banner, so that you can post it on your page.

Mine for Example:

Long -

I write fanfiction for many reasons. Mostly i fell in love with a non-canon pairing, and their dynamics. I fell in love with the possible that we didn't get to see, and wanted to challenge myself. I loved being able to take characters into a new world, with variations from the norm, and i adore seeing something refreshed and new. I love painting the picture of it all in my mind! Since i started back in 2007, I've written more then 75, drabbles, oneshots, and chapter fics on 4 different sites. I don't think i could ever stop, and Am seriously considering taking one of my more complicated plunnies and turning it into a novel with OCs.

Short - I write to...Free my inner imagination.

The Kanja in Black means Creativity, the 'Sub-Kanja' that are imposed in the background from Left to right mean, Joy, Love, Peace... all the things i feel when i write.

***You can either ask me to put the wording in, or use the blank and make your own with different font. This banner's only lock are the font style, and the "I Write To..." as seen below.

I've noticed this a bit, please submit your answers in an "i write to..." format. Also if your wanting the banner from here out, I'm going to ask that you adhere to the Long answer as well as the short/banner answer.

If your just answering to get the banner, there's not much fun in that. I asked a specific question, asking for a long answer and a short answer. I'm also making a banner for it, asking only that you answer the question fully before i do.

I really am, going to stop making banners for anyone that only gives me the short answer only. Seriously, if you only want the banner, then it's not as fun. I asked a question, and i wanted both a long and short answer. From here on out... after these banners, if you don't give me the long or the short and simple, I'm just not going to make your banner. -_- - r0o

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/05/09 23:24 By sugar0o. Reason: taking the blank out. if you want one gotta make your own... have a nice day!

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The topic has been locked.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 91
I write to keep what is left of my sanity. (I'll let you do the banner oh awesome r0oish one!)

I've written all kinds of things since I was very young. It's always been a hobby I liked. However, about 10-15 years ago, a series of events turned my world on its head and I was to the point that I had to find some way to cope with what went on or I wasn't going to survive or come out sane. It took a while but that old hobby of putting words on paper became what I used, and still do, to cope with what happens in my world. Now, I deal with what happens to me by sitting at the keyboard and putting those words back on the paper. What I have posted online is only a small portion of what I have written over the years. I have far more stuffed in my desk (hand written) and saved on disc here and there than I have posted. For me, my writing is a personal thing that I use as a tool to cope, nothing more. I'm not worried about publication, hits, reviews, improving my style, evolving what I do. I do it for a very personal reason; my sanity.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 216
:3 well said!

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 40
I write as another form of artistic expression. It helps me release whatever pent up creativity, whatever pent up emotions I have that I can't seem to make come out through a drawing.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
Tangerine Dream
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
I write to forget. (I can handle the banner Sugar dear)

Hmmm I suppose like fewother people I've been writing since I was able to formulated a story idea and it had always been something I loved (although this whole being good at it thing is lost on me). It was fun creating worlds with endless possibilites however when I was a bit younger things happened that fliped everything upside down so many times and put me in a very dark place where writing my own stories was something I forgot how to do. Then I discovered fanfiction, and it was wonderful! All the posibilities came back and when I wrote or read it. Writing fanfiction helped me cope and not think about what always seemed to lurk around the corner. Thus I write to forget the troubles that are always there life.

Logged Logged

Banner made by the splendiferous Sugar0o
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 15
I write to free myself. (I'll let you do the banner you do an awsome job)

Alot of my older work is based off of personal life experiences that I want to share with people, but were my life is uninteresting (lol) I like to use anime characters, or book characters to make it come to life.
Nowadays my writing is my hobby, whatever emotion I am feeling...I can write about it or through it...and well free myself.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/09/25 08:18 By Miss Anna.

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Love the banner Sugar-chan, as always .

Long:

And I guess my long answer is the same as my short. I write to improve my writing. I'm a novelist, though unpublished at the moment, but a few years back I was rereading a 'finished' novel that I was talking to a publisher about getting published and I realized that it was incredibly amateurish. Which probably wouldn't sound so bad, considering it would have been my first published book, however, I have been writing for almost 20 years. Which is most of my life, since I am only 27.

I started writing fan fiction, Ranma 1/2 at the time, and getting feedback from my readers which helped my writing improve considerably. Unfortunately now, that I'm ready to go back to working on my novels, I have too many fan fics that I want to write lol.

Short:

I write to make me a better novelist.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Lilly Akame
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
Long:

I've been writing fanfiction since I was young, (though I didn't know it was fanfiction till I found ff.net) and it started when I started to fight with my mum a lot. I'd go into my room and all these ideas would just pop up into my head and then I'd start writing and forget everything else in the world, because I was in another world where I didn't have to worry about the fights I was having with my mum and step dad, I didn't have to worry about school and the hot guy in my class. I could go into another world and make everything perfect and they got a happy ending when most don't. After everything got so much better, writing stuck with me, and I love it

Short:

I write to... getaway from the real world.

I got the banner, thanks SugarOo

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Got it Tangie!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/09/25 08:26 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 15
Got it! Thank you so much -bows-

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 29
I write to...
escape the sanity of reality.

I first started writing (in French back then), when I was quite young. I was devouring about twelve novels a day, because frankly, the people, and the way of thinking of reality just wasn't for me. I much preferred to be alone, with my own things. Then reading didn't become enough, so to deal with the lack of desire for the sane reality, I decided to write, to be able to get the insanity out of my head, and deal with the asylum I have up there. It actually helped me a lot grow, and just deal with the world, as insane as it sounds. I write because there are days, I just, can't take the world, so I replace it with my own.

(I'll let you do the banner, thank you dear! And it looks awesome!)

Logged Logged

darkmousey
Pup
graphgraph
Short: I write to find peace of mind.

Long: When I was younger, I was a voracious reader--and still am--and the more I read, the more I admired the creativity of authors and was so inspired that I even started writing out some original stories. Starting in elementary school, I kept telling myself that I would pay for college with the money I got from my published works (yep, I'm a planner). I eventually realized the reality though: although I work best with a deadline, there was no way I was going to live my life with deadline after deadline; and other things began to get in the way. And then, in middle school, a friend introduced me to fanfiction (my first was actually a Hiei/Kurama yaoi oneshot). I began devouring fanfiction, too. And then I was struck with my first bit of inspiration in a long time, my first bit of "what if suchandsuch happened?" And it's been going on ever since. There are just times when an idea grows in my mind and I have to put it on paper before it's lost, even if nothing comes of it for a long, long time; I'm the kind of person who, when an idea pops in my head at three a.m., I will get up, turn on the light, and start writing, no matter how tired I am. I write fanfiction to free my muse, to allow my creative side to reign, to relax and relieve stress, to procrastinate, to improve my writing skills, and more recently for the thrill of competition. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Logged Logged
Quiet Whisper
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 13
Long: For as long as I can remember, I've loved to write and it's always been a dream of mine to write something good enough to be published. I've written countless stories and have been working on my own idea for the last 15 years or so. At the same time I started to doubt myself and my writing style so started to look for a way to get past that, and that's when I got into the Inuyasha fandom. I'd watched the anime before and always thought it was cool, but it didn't become a real obsession until I watched ALL of them lol.
It was also during that time that I thought Sesshomaru was a very understated character, so knowing there was such thing as fanfiction (From my final fantasy days) I started looking for them online.
That was when I found Dokuga and shortly after decided that I'd give it a shot and post something to see if writing was a realistic endeavor for me. It was a big step for me because I've always guarded my work closely.

Short: Aside from being a passion, writing is also my escape from reality and I would most likely be insane without it.

Thanks Dokuga for helping me out of my shell and telling me I'm not so bad at this!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/09/25 15:43 By Quiet Whisper.

Tsuki
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 7
Long: I write because when i was 16 I fell in love, head over heels with fanfiction. I love being creative, I love letting people see my vision of things. I love beautiful happy endings. I write because it means a lot to me. It is my biggest passion!

Short: I write because, it makes me who I am.

Logged Logged
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 11
Short: I write to enter a dimension where I make the rules

Long: when I lived with my parents I used any chance I could to escape where I was. Poetry was my first love, and when I found sess/kag I realized how much better they were for each other than Inuyasha...knowing the series would never allow it, I developed my writing with fanfiction...and have been at it ever since

(can you plz make my banner r0o?)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/09/25 19:33 By SesshysRose.

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
I Agree
Whelp
graphgraph
The Long of It
I think it started when I was around eight. I began writing because I couldn't draw out the stories that kept me up at night, be it either my own original worlds or the worlds of others. Words were easier, not to mention it's harder for a person to look over your shoulder and critique writing when it takes longer and they think you're doing homework. Very quickly I realized I could get lost in my writing like I could my art, that everything around me would fade and the world in my head would become alive. It was amazing, and a wonderful way to escape real life.
Now I write daily, and I think at least 3k words a day, though not all for the same story. I find that if I don't write then I quickly become aggitated and anxious. I'm nervous that if I don't write something, anything down then the ideas will go away. As soon as I write something then the anxious feelings go away and I feel like I've actually accomplished something.

The Short of It
I write because it's my addiction.

Logged Logged

Im never going to do that again until next week....

I iz the Master Agreer of Dokuga Island with my O.K. Stamp of Yes!
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Whisper, Kagome, and I Agree. Would you mind putting your short into a

'I write to...' format? I really can't change the locked parts of the banner, so i cant make them for you without changing the meaning behind it in some way.

Lilly Akame (sorry i made it before i was finished reading yours! you don't hafta use it if you don't want to.)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/09/25 20:50 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
thanks r0o

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
Tsuki
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 7
(Edit)

Short: I write to show who I am.

Logged Logged
Aimee Blue
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 22
Long: I write because whenever I'm not doing something that required brainpower ie shopping,cleaning or when I'm on the bus (sometimes even when someone dull is talking to me) all I'm doing is making up plots and fleshing out characters and imagining scenes. If I didn't write my head would probably explode from keeping it all inside. It's also a lot about escaping the crap in my life, for once I control what happens, I am the outside force that influences everything.
Short: I write to give myself some semblance of control... and so my head doesn't explode.

Thankies r0o!

Logged Logged

ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: -666
I write... to make you think.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
darkmousey
Pup
graphgraph
Love it, r0o! Thanks

Logged Logged
Twilight Dawn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
I write to make people forget eveything that's happening in their lives. I am content knowing a smile or a laugh was caused by me.

In short: I write to make people smile.

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
here you go!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/09/26 00:04 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
Quiet Whisper
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I write to... 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 13
oops sorry r0o

Anywho...

I write to pique other peoples curiosity

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.