Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 14
TOPIC: Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 29
I thought this might be a helpful resource to some: www.classicreader.com/

Its a database of many classics (including Jane Austen, Aesop, Homer, Dickenson, etc) and its the full length stories online. I highly recommind this site! Even if not because you want to participate, its a wonderful place to read this classics at.

I hope others find this an enjoyable and helpful site!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
perphila
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
I hadn't realized this challenge was out there until today...duh. Anyway, I have been kind of doing this with my story Faulty Fairytails for a while now. I'm not sure if any of the ones I have done so far apply but they are all takes on different fairy tales and one fable all intertwined into a longer story but some could be taken as is. Do they need to be one shots to qualify?

Logged Logged
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 696975
nope It applies. So feel free to post a link and snag the banner!

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Velvet Sometimes
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
Alright, i'm totally doing this. i've wanted to since i first saw this challege and now i've decided that to base it off of : The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes
muwahaha

Logged Logged

Kae
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
I think I'm going to have to try this...I have a pretty good idea of what I'd like to do. How fun!

Logged Logged

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice! Then watch the world trying to figure out how you did it. It\'s hilarious!

I claimed Shippo\'s Foxfire in the Claim Game!!
Fish Wishes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Does this include reinventing bible stories? ...Does the bible even have a copy right date?

Anyways, I just wanted if it applied as well.

Thanks~

Logged Logged
Kae
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
Fish Wishes wrote:
Does this include reinventing bible stories? ...Does the bible even have a copy right date?

Anyways, I just wanted if it applied as well.

Thanks~

OMG! I was just going to ask that! lol I was thinking of doing a series of bible-reinventions, but I wanted to make sure it was ok first. Great minds think alike!

Logged Logged

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice! Then watch the world trying to figure out how you did it. It\'s hilarious!

I claimed Shippo\'s Foxfire in the Claim Game!!
Fish Wishes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Oh, I don't know if my mind is very great...

Logged Logged
Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 18
This sounds fun. My half dead brain even came up with an idea. Maybe it's the music I am listening to. <.< <3 Skye (:

Logged Logged

Made by the wonderful r0o

made by the fabulous Fox
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 15
I am in.
I have some pretty good ideas as to what to write about already!

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Riku Ryuu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 19
I've been working on a Rapunzel remake for a little bit. It isn't done yet, or even to the tower bit, but it is getting there. This is based on the Grimms fairy tale, not the movie that is coming up.

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/4612/1

Logged Logged

Cause I need all the help I can get
R.M. Avalon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/5051/1 Here is my tack on the classic Japanese Fairytale of the Yuki-Onna. ^^

Logged Logged

Dokugas very own certified fairy princess, granting wishes with my wish-granting tiara since 2010!
MollerzG
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Well, I just finished watching Jane Eyre. The one with the oh-so-hawt Toby Stephens.
This should be awesome. I've got 3 versions floating around in my head and I might end up writing all of them at some point...

Sesshomaru as Jane and Kagome as Rochester.
Summary: Higurashi Kagome is the Chief Financial Officer of her brother-in-law Inuyasha's company KenKon, Inc., a multi-billion dollar company. She also has a terrible secret. When her father unexpectedly dies, he leaves Kagome a present: an 8-year-old half-sister Rin. She hires Inuryoga Sesshomaru, a disgraced but innocent teacher to tutor Rin. But when Kagome's secret becomes public knowledge, will Sesshomaru forgive her or leave her?

Kagome as a combination of Jane and Rochester and Sesshomaru as Rochester.
Summary: A young noblewoman runs from her abusive husband and finds anonymous work as a tutor for the ward of the Lord of the Western Lands. The Lord is taken with the new tutor, but when it is revealed who she is, can the Lord just give her back or will he fight for the right to have her?

Kagome and Sesshomaru as Jane and Rochester respectively.
Summary: Kagome is an 18-year-old woman whose uncle has thrown her out of the house. Sesshomaru is in need of a tutor for his ward. As their relationship gradually changes from employer/employee to friendship, a terrible secret tears them apart. Can two lost souls find their way back to the other? A retelling of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre.

I've got scenes in all the stories written and the one that I'm really interested in is the first one with Kagome in Rochester's role. No, her husband isn't mad (and it would spoil the surprise of who her husband is!), but he is a b@$t@rd.

AND...

I'm also 9 chapters from the end of a Pride and Prejudice challenge that I started many many many many many moon ago: the word file dates from 2007 and it was a challenge at A Single Spark. I've just gotten around to working on it again. It actually was posted up on FF.net, but I took it down since I wanted to rework it a little.

Summary: When Higurashi Kagome and her two sisters find that a young, rich and very successful bachelor named Miroku has moved into town, they are intrigued by him. However, a night at a festival finds Kagome’s heritage being slandered by Sesshomaru- a friend of Miroku’s- who views her as very much below his own stature, and she vows never to speak with him again, which he is fine with. However, fate intervenes and throws them together often and Sesshomaru finds himself fascinated with Kagome and her fiery spirit. Will Sesshomaru learn to change the mores he was brought up believing, or will his fascination with Kagome end in heartache?

I'm not interested in replacing names, but actually re-writing the story itself with the themes and motivations the original author wrote about. In my P&P, there is no "disgusted proposal" scene between Darcy and Elizabeth; Miroku, in the role of Bingley, really enjoys groping Sango's backside and Naraku takes center stage as a villan in the style of Mr Wickham.

Cheers!
MollerzG

Logged Logged

Cheers-
MollerzG
Petals of Sakura
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/5243/1

This is my attempt at taking my hand at one of my favorites. Annabel Lee by Edgar Allen Poe.

Logged Logged
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years ago Karma: 22
The Dog and the Miko

^^ Here's my first one. Based off of The Dog and the Hare by Aesop. Enjoy :3

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 13 Years ago Karma: 156
Uhm, so... It's been almost 2 years since I replied to this thread saying I'd participate... And guess what, I actually got something done! ^^;
A SessKag take on Jane Eyre, like I promised.

Summary: Too long had I not been in the charge of my own life, and for a woman with no prospects like I was, there was but one way to manage that. As a governess, I found the change I had longed for, as well as love with the enigmatic master of the mansion. But the stone walls of Thornfield held within them a dark secret I knew nothing of…

Genre: Drama, Romance

Universe: AU

Rating: M

LINK: dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/5421/1

Logged Logged
Capo
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 12 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
I've been rolling the idea of 'The count of monte cristo' as a sessh/kag fic for some time....but with Kagome as the Count.

Logged Logged
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
The Swan Priestess
The prince has to find his princess. The girl has to find true love. Will he break her curse or break her heart?
Rating: T - Universe: Alternate - Status: Incomplete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance, Tragedy

Swan Lake with an InuYasha twist!

Logged Logged
Vespertine
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
A Pirate's Life For Me

It was all because of a class assignment. If it hadn't been for homework, she would never have seen them for who they truly were.

Canon
Chapter Fic
Rated: T

Logged Logged

Lyra
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 7
This is fantastic! I have a love affair in my head with Heathcliff...he NEEDS to be Sesshomaru now...oh my. I think a Drabble collection would suit this nicely....

Logged Logged
Caleesci
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 9
I saw this challenge and I can not explain the excitement that rushed through me! I AM SO doing Persuasion by Jane Austen! I called dibs its mine mine mine! Working on it now!

Logged Logged

I claimed the Shikon no Tama in the Dokuga Claim Game
katdemon1895
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 6
Okay! My take on this challenge is an adaptation of Homer's classic tale The Odyssey to Dokuga! I didn't actually do the entire odyssey, at least not yet. I just did the romantic towards the end part where Odysseus is reunited with Penelope

It's called "Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, polutropon, hos mala polla"

roughly translated the title means "sing to me of the man, muse, the man of twists and turns"

I hope you enjoy!

Logged Logged
Sandreline Moon
Whelp
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
I do believe I shall try this, using "Pride and Predujice" as my classic. Sesshomaru reminds me very much of Mr. Darcy, and the same can be said of Kagome and Elizabeth... Sango can be her best friend that ends up marrying her cousin whom originally proposed to her first (since that happened in the book), and Rin shall play the beloved little sister of Sesshomaru. Kikyo can play Kagome's sister that runs off with the soldier... Yes, yes I think this is a brilliant match.

I shall have it posted tomorrow. I do hope you all enjoy it, my muse is singing loudly now!

~Sandreline

Logged Logged

Sandreline Moon
Whelp
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
I think I might try that. I have always loved the story of Esther! Kagome would make a wonderful Esther with her loving heart, and Sesshomaru - duh - makes the perfect blood-hungry king. ^_~ Oh... I think I will try this once I finish my "Pride and Prejudice" response to this challange!

~Sandreline

Logged Logged

mle
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reinventing The Classics with Priestess Skye 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
When I saw this challenge I just had to give it a try, so here's my attempt. It is based on Grimms' King Grisly Beard with a slight twist.
Mistress Misfit

ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: Story Rated M, and fixed the link.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/12/20 03:08 By MoxyMikki.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.