Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
The Shiny Challenge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 9
TOPIC: The Shiny Challenge
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:The Shiny Challenge 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 46
New Shiny Entry: Jasper

The name means "spotted or speckled stone", and is derived via Old French jaspre (variant of Anglo-Norman jaspe) and Latin iaspidem (nom. iaspis)) from Greek iaspis, (feminine noun), and from a Semitic language (cf. Hebrew ????? yushphah, Akkadian yashupu). The Hebrew word yushphah may have designated a green jasper. Flinders Petrie suggested that the odem, the first stone on the High Priest's breastplate, was a red jasper, whilst tarshish, the tenth stone, may have been a yellow jasper. Uniform jasper is rare. It usually is multicolored, striped spotted or flamed. Jasper is one of the birth stones listed for the Sun Sign of Virgo. It is also the Mystical birthstone for the month of October. Jasper is an opaque and fine grained variety of Chalcedony. It is found in all colors including: red, brown, pink, yellow, green, grey/white and shades of blue and purple. It often contains organic material and mineral oxides which give it interesting patterns, bands and colors. Many of these patterns resemble landscapes with mountains and valleys, thus the name "picture" is part of the name of many well know jaspers.

Jasper was a favorite gem in ancient times and is referenced in Greek, Hebrew, Assyrian and Latin literature. Picture jasper is a petrified or silicated mud that dripped into gas pockets in molten lava. It became superheated and then solidified forming the unusual banded patterns which are typical of this stone. Poppy Jasper is said to help bring joy into life. Opalite Jasper is said to help one sleep. Legend says that Jasper would drive away evil spirits and protect against snake and spider bites. In the fourth century, it was thought to bring about the rain. Jasper is protective. It can align all the chakras and balance yin yang energies, it is stabilizing and healing. Many believe jasper holds energizing properties, giving those who wear it the slow, steady, determined energy needed to complete tasks and forge forward. This stone is believed to give the wearer the patience and energy to deal with time consuming tasks, such as interacting with especially shy or timid individuals. Jasper's healing properties are more geared toward emotional and psychological health. Many believe that these stones can be worn by therapists and counselors on behalf of helping others heal emotionally.

Jasper may be beneficial for those who are struggling with addictions or obsessive behaviors. Many believe that jasper is able to help with emotional problems due to the connection that jasper provides the wearer with the earth. Jasper was once considered a warrior's stone, ensuring that justice was carried out and that the wearer remains loyal, fair and just. Jasper is thought to be beneficial for those who work in fields in which justice is of the utmost importance, such as professionals within the legal system, such as lawyers, policemen, and judges. Jasper is supposedly able to provide the wearer protection from both outside and inside forces. Jasper is believe to protect the wearer from their own faults and demise, as well as those who may want to harm the wearer or hinder them from achieving their goals and living peacefully. Jasper allegedly repels negative energy, returning it to the point it originated. Jasper is said to be of help for pancreas, sciatica and troubled toenails.

Have fun writing!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/12/13 16:41 By Stella Mira.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Luna C.
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 9
I finally came around to do this challenge! Here's my entry for Diamond.

Story: Bridezilla
Day One
Rating: M

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/12/15 21:30 By Luna Covey.
Luna C.
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 9
My entry for Ruby.

Story: Bridezilla
Day Two
Rating: M

Logged Logged
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 46
Welcome to the challenge, Luna!

Next Shiny Entry: Larimar

Overflowing with waves of ocean-blue color, larimar is a rare blue variety of pectolite. The serene blue color results from the substitution of cobalt for calcium in the stone and varies from white and light-blue to green-blue and deep blue or ''volcanic blue.'' With swirling bands of white, larimar mimics the wave crests of crystal blue Caribbean waters. The dreamy, mesmerizing gemstone is known by different names: ''dolphin stone'' for the charming and intelligent ocean creature, ''Caribbean gemstone'' for its captivating colors reminiscent of the waters near the Dominican Republic beach where it was found, and most commonly, ''Atlantis stone'' for the belief by some that the Dominican Republic now stands where the legendary City of Atlantis fell. It has been found only in one location: a mountainous, relatively inaccessible area in the province of Barahona in the Dominican Republic. The word Larimar was created by a Dominican, Miguel Mendez, who combined his daughter’s name Larissa with the Spanish world for sea, Mar. Larimar is used most often to make jewelry but has also been used to make beads, decorative objects, and even handles on cabinets.

Larimar is considered a healing stone, and said to be finely tuned to the human body, particularly to the throat area. It is said that it increases speech and communication skills and supports the body’s natural healing process. People believing in this have been known to wear Larimar jewelry or to put pieces of Larimar in their pockets or under their pillows. Today, there are thousands of people, naturalists and those practicing alternative and holistic healing methods, who use Larimar to assist and reinforce healing processes. Its powers are believed to helps us view events from different perspectives, to soften and enlighten, to heal the emotional, physical, mental and spiritual body. Larimar stimulates the heart, throat, third eye and crown chakras promoting inner wisdom. It represents peace and clarity, healing and love. Larimar is reputed to be helpful for those experiencing stress and anxiety.

Logged Logged

Aviel
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 49
Title: Solaris
Rated: T

Garnet
Jasper

Logged Logged

I claimed Midoriko`s Hair in the Claim Game!

Dokuga Minions Unite! Be positive. Be proud. Show support for Dokuga!
Aviel
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 49

Larimar

Logged Logged

Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 10 Years ago Karma: 46
Next Shiny Entry: Pyrite

Pyrite is a very common mineral that sometimes goes under quite a few other names. The name Pyrite comes from the Greek word "pyr" meaning "fire," and was named such because it was found that sparks would fly from it if struck against another mineral (best if Iron or Steel). In early times, this sparking ability gave man one way of creating fire; in later times, this ability made it popular for use in early firearms devices such as the wheel lock. Today Pyrite also carries the name of "Fool's Gold" for the simple reason that many throughout history have mistaken it for Gold because of its similar visible structure, metallic luster and brassy yellow color. Ironically, Gold is often found adjacent to Pyrite deposits, and the only thing foolish about finding "Fool's Gold" would be in not searching a bit farther! Pyrite is easily distinguished from Gold; Pyrite being lighter in color and much harder, whereas it cannot be scratched with a fingernail or knife as Gold can be. But even though Pyrite is a fairly hard mineral, its crystals are known to break and crumble, as it is brittle.

While it does not make a good component for jewelry on its own, it does sometimes find itself in lots of jewelry usually under the term "Marcasite" when mixed with silver and it is also found as inclusions in Lapis Lazuli. The name Marcasite is actually derived from the Arabic word for Pyrite. Pyrite is made from iron and sulfur, extremely common and found throughout the world. It does have crystal properties that form wonderful block crystals. Besides being a part of certain ornamental jewelry pieces, Pyrite has had other uses, mainly for the production of sulfur products that are used either when manufacturing paper or to create sulfur gas, which is mainly used for industrial purposes. Pyrite also creates sparks when hit up against steel and was used in early rifles. Pyrite is also commonly found as small nodules. A flat variety of this nodular form, appropriately called "Pyrite Suns" or "Pyrite Dollars", are popular with collectors.

Pyrite was very often used for scrying. The Mayans, Aztecs and Incas, at one time, all were known to polish large slabs of Pyrite to a mirror-like finish which they used for this very purpose. Native Americans believed they could look into one's very soul when peering into a polished piece of Pyrite. Their shamans used it as "a stone of power," and their medicine men used it in certain healing rituals. Pyrite has also been labeled the "Healer's Stone". The ancient Chinese viewed the earth as a golden cube, a vision well emulated by Pyrite. They also believed that Pyrite would guard against crocodile attacks. The ancient Greeks used polished Pyrite in various types of jewelry and amulets. During the Victorian Age in England, jewelry made with Pyrite was extremely popular. Cleanse and recharge Pyrite under the rays of the Sun.

Pyrite is thought to create a better balance and flow between right and left brain function. This helps transform the intuitive and creative (right brain) thought into logical and well-reasoned (left brain) action. These metallic crystals are often used to attract money and good fortune. It is also widely used to protect against infections and viral attacks, and to help one attain a more ideal state of health. An interesting parallel...Edgar Cayce, commonly known as "The Sleeping Prophet", recommended that "to carry a piece of Carbon Steel in one's pocket (preferably a groin pocket) would inhibit one from catching a cold or infection". Carbon Steel is a mixture of Iron and Carbon, to which Pyrite is similar and claims the same health benefit.

Logged Logged

SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 38
My entry for

Diamond
Ruby
Pearl

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/133/18

Rated MA

Logged Logged
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 46
SunsetMiko wrote:
My entry for

Diamond
Ruby
Pearl

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/133/18

Rated MA

WOO! A new participant! I kinda forgot about this challenge since nobody participated lately, but I'mma add soon.

Logged Logged

SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 38
My entry for

Sapphire
Jasper

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2248/89

Rated MA

Logged Logged
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
My entry for

Garnet
Onyx
Emerald

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2248/90

Rated MA

Logged Logged
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
My entry for

Alexandrite
Aquamarine
Beryl

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2248/91

Rated MA

Logged Logged
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
My entry for

Bloodstone
Amber
Larimar
Pyrite

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/133/19

Rated MA

Logged Logged
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
My entry for Amethyst

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/9383/8

Rated MA

I've finished all the current prompts!

Logged Logged
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 46
SunsetMiko wrote:

I've finished all the current prompts!

You really did. Wow. You write fast! I had planned for 3 more gems, originally, but I lost the banners and info. Time to make them again then.

Logged Logged

SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
Stella Mira wrote:

You really did. Wow. You write fast! I had planned for 3 more gems, originally, but I lost the banners and info. Time to make them again then.

Looking forward to it! I actually had to go digging through the forums looking for more prompts! Just finished the last soundtrack, just need to post them. This new fic is coming out so easily, it's great.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/07/22 10:11 By sunsetmiko.
Aviel
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 49

Pyrite

Logged Logged

Siera Serenity Star
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 64
here's my entry for Aquamarine

Title: Mermaid's Treasure
http://www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/9636/1

Logged Logged
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 46
Welcome to the Shiny challenge, Siera! It's always nice to see new entries. I hope you'll have fun with the prompts!

Logged Logged

Siera Serenity Star
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 64
My entry for Emerald

Title: The Perfect Night
Rated: MA for safety

http://www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/9650/1

Logged Logged
Siera Serenity Star
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 64
Thanks for the welcome and I'm having great fun with the prompts, lol just having trouble getting it from my head to writing lol.

Logged Logged
Siera Serenity Star
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:The Shiny Challenge 9 Years ago Karma: 64
My Entry for Diamond

Sesshoumaru's St. Patrick's Day
Rated: MA

http://www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/9698/1

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.