Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I Voted!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: I Voted!
Texanlady
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 27
So I stood in line for three hours this morning and I just voted! Got my bracelet and my sticker! Get your VOTE on!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 277
Texanlady wrote:
So I stood in line for three hours this morning and I just voted! Got my bracelet and my sticker! Get your VOTE on!

Good for you!

All 4 of us were out this morning... and even in our small, rural area, it took over an hour. I suspect turnout will be higher than normal this year - or, at least, I hope so!

Like TexanLady said, if you haven't already...

GO VOTE!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Texanlady
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 27
Yeah, the lines are awful, but I especially feel bad for everyone up in New York and New Jersey area. Anyone up there who finds a way to vote is my hero.

P.S. I'd also like to note that I intentionally didn't mention who I voted for because I know how ugly politics can get with people. I didn't post to start a fight on whose politics are better. I posted to remind my fellow Americans what an honor and privilege it is to be able to vote. Many people around the world don't have that opportunity. To this day many people are still fighting and dying for the chance to have a say in how their government treats them, so we can take a few hours out of our day and stand in line. I don't care who you vote for, your opinions and beliefs are your own, just exercise your Constitutional right to be heard and VOTE!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Yeah, definitely not the place to discuss politics... Thank You!

Please, let us know who's out there voting, or trying to, and how it was for you. But let's leave the politics out of it, 'k?

My father-in-law, may he rest in peace, fought and was wounded in WWII as a forward artillery observer. He never forgot why he went, and always told all of us that it was more than a "right" to go out and vote: it was our DUTY as Americans because of all those who gave their lives so that democracy could still reign.

So, yes, PLEASE go VOTE!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Texanlady
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 27
Voting is a duty. It is one of the ways we can pay back the men and women in our armed forces that put their lives on the line to protect our right to do so. It's also a way to pay homage to the past, to those people who gave up so much to ensure we have this right. My daughter's school is doing this wonderful thing. They are holding a mock voting for the students. They've been studying up on the candidates, and then today the children are all voting. Obviously it's not real, but it helps them to understand why voting is so important. They've been studying the history of our voting process here in the U.S.A., and my daughter watched all the debates with me and took notes. She is very hush hush about who she is voting for, but she is very excited!

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 66
Best believe I'm voting...as soon as I get off work. Luckily, the polls in New York close at 9, so there is no excuse not to.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 76
I voted last week... why don't people do Absentee Voting. It's easier then going on the day.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Knight of Disorder wrote:
I voted last week... why don't people do Absentee Voting. It's easier then going on the day.

Unfortunately, Michigan has very strict rules regarding absentee voting. And we don't have early voting either. That makes for some VERY long lines on election day!! Still, it is as much a part of our family as breathing and I highly doubt that any of us would miss the opportunity. We always find a way.

Reading and hearing about all the early voting states, however, has me totally jealous (although it sounds as though that was just as crowded). Hopefully, Michigan will join the 21st century someday soon!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 91
It was just as crowded in early voting (I did it Friday so up to you lot now). I had to stand in line an hour to vote and people who didn't chose a paper ballot had to stand and wait for computers. The line when i was done stretched out the building and down the block two building lengths. Just goes to prove to me, next time i'm doing absentee!

Morris the Cat for President!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 31
The phishy voted, absentee ballot... so no lines for the phishy... no sticker either *pouts*

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
phishbon3s wrote:
The phishy voted, absentee ballot... so no lines for the phishy... no sticker either *pouts*

Ah yes, no sticker for you!

BUT... the 'karma fairy' has magically increased the karma of all our voting posters, so the phishy can SMILES about that!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Danyealle-sama wrote:

Morris the Cat for President!

Dani... what I tells you above???

*sigh*

I know you did that on purpose, though, so it slides... for now. But if I get complaints from dog-lovers, Imma KEEEEL you!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
Knight of Disorder wrote:

Unfortunately, Michigan has very strict rules regarding absentee voting. And we don't have early voting either. That makes for some VERY long lines on election day!! Still, it is as much a part of our family as breathing and I highly doubt that any of us would miss the opportunity. We always find a way.

Reading and hearing about all the early voting states, however, has me totally jealous (although it sounds as though that was just as crowded). Hopefully, Michigan will join the 21st century someday soon!!

~~Wiccan~~

It took me a little to get in because I had to re-register in my county. When I tried to join the military a couple years back they registered me in the adjacent county so that took a few minutes. Other then that, it wasn't that busy. Walk in, fill in the circles drop it in a box. Then again, I used the island's voting station and there are only about 400 people on the whole thing.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
phishbon3s wrote:

Ah yes, no sticker for you!

BUT... the 'karma fairy' has magically increased the karma of all our voting posters, so the phishy can SMILES about that!!

~~Wiccan~~

They gave me a sticker.... though, that might be because they had seven boxes of them. It was kinda funny.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
Ikaru
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 21
I voted in early voting over a week ago....no line at all...in and out in under 15 minutes But we didn't have stickers or anything like that

Logged Logged

the snow covers the world in a blanket of white, making it pure once more...

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 91
Dani... what I tells you above???

*sigh*

I know you did that on purpose, though, so it slides... for now. But if I get complaints from dog-lovers, Imma KEEEEL you!

~~me~~

You know i love the peoples of doggie persuasion too, Wiccan! One just isn't running! Besides, I tend to lean Cat rather than the Dog party

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Ashley
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
Mee TOO!!! Here in Pensacola, Florida...I voted early because the lines at are polling are wayy to long today. Let your voice be heard...VOTE!!!

Logged Logged

Inuashley
dianne
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
I went to go vote...but forgot my state ID -_-
But I have it now and I'm going back right after my class ends.
And we got T-shirts that say "Voting is Sexy!)"
But stupidity struck again and I forgot it on the bus D:

Logged Logged

Red
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 6
I voted love living in my area, got up and walk the dog the whole block an a half, and walked with my family. Walked in voted got my sticker and back out the door again the whole process of getting there home and back was at the most a half an hour and that pushing it. I so glad to hear those who are waiting and braving it out to vote today.

Logged Logged

I claim Byakuya paper crane in the claim game.
MidNigh
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 17
I got to vote on campus and the lines weren't have bad! I've done my civic duty for today now its nap time lol!!

ROCK THE VOTE PEOPLE!

Logged Logged

I claim Sangos Demon Cat Kirara!
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 22
The lady k voted! It took me a few hours because my voting place changed when I moved earlier this month. They weren't sure where I needed to go. I live in DE and I don't think it took more than an hour after they sent me to the right place

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
FaeHime
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
I voted this morning as well! We didn't have a line though ^^; guess people in my area don't care as much! I gots a pretty sticker too-- wearing it on my forehead right now as I ride the bus...

Logged Logged
Kneazles
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 16
I'm currently in the UK for schooling but I sent my absentee ballot in ages ago. I've voted in every presidential election since I've been eligible to vote

Logged Logged

Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
I voted too!

My dad got my momma and I up at about 4:30 this morning - we were numbers 6, 7, and 8 in line, and when the polls opened at 6, we were out in less than thirty minutes, stickers and all!

Good job everyone - we've exercised our right to be heard!

~Aubrey

Logged Logged

\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don\'t matter and those that matter don\'t mind.\" - Dr. Seuss

~Aubrey Simone~
KouseiJL
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I Voted! 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 17
I voted!! Took my smalls with me and she got to see how easy the process is... it helps it was at the school. No stickers for us though.. I was a little disappointed, but we got right in, filled it out, then waited for the drop box. 15 minutes tops plus a potty break for smalls wasn't all that bad!

One of my biggest gripes is the people who don't vote but complain about the way "so-and-so" runs things. It's your duty and your right to vote. It's a privilege that not everyone has! The way I look at it, if you didn't vote, you don't have the privilege to complain about who's in office!

Logged Logged
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.