Age: Old soul, newer model
Hair color: Depends
Eye color: Blue
Personality: My inner child breaks free at times and destroys my good name and runs amuck, but I always manage to reclaim it and clean up the mess left behind. I can be a hellion when I need to be, but generally am easy going. Unless we're talking politics. Don't step up if you can't keep up, as Riddick would say. I am passionate and devoted to issues that are important to me (Child Abuse and Prevention, Environmental clean up, animal rights, and the end to unnecessary military occupation: FREE TIBET, GET OUT OF IRAQ). But above all I love to laugh, and am a HUGE prankster. (All my friends avoid me on April Fool's!)
1. Firm supporter of the Green Party! They have some wonderful views on political and economic change. However, I am a supporter of voting in general. It doesn't matter to me who you vote for, as long as you vote. Remember people, you don't have to vote in just the presidential election once every four years. There are city and state elections all the time. Never miss a chance to have your voice heard. People all over the world stand in line for days in harsh weather with no comforts for the right to be heard and many of us don't even want to take an hour out of our day to exercise our democratic rights. We should be ashamed.
2. Card carrying member of the NRA, and staunch supporter of the right to bare arms! I believe we all have the right to defend ourselves and our homes. I hate it when people talk about how guns kill. Well duh! But cars kill, base ball bats, shovels, pitch forks, hammers, staple guns, knives, rope and so many other things. If someone wants to kill you, there going to do it. It's harsher gun laws and better gun safety and education classes that we need. It's when kids aren't familiar with guns that accidents happen.
3. Gay marriage: no one has the right to tell someone else how to live their personal life if it doesn't hurt others. You are what you are and there is no shame in that. Don't like? Then don't look, easy as that.
4. Abortion: each person has a moral obligation to do what is not only right for them, but their family and society. Though I believe that birth control should be offered as part of government aid in relation to health care. You get shots for your baby at the free clinic, but only condoms to help you prevent having that baby. The government needs more prevention avenues so women aren't forced to make these choices.
5. Education: Need more of it, and it shouldn't cost so dang much! Knowledge is our God given right, and no one should try and keep it for themselves and only offer it in return for obscene amounts of money! Screw you Harvard, Yale, Columbia and all you other Ivy league schools that want 30,000 or more a semester for tuition and books!
6. Animal Rights: I think the major defining attribute of humanity is how we treat those considered "Lesser Beings". Beating, starving, torturing or neglecting an animal in any way is not just cruel, it is a crime against nature, and therefore an act against God. Never tolerate it, and don't be afraid to speak out against anyone you know who partakes in it. Even if it is a family member who sometimes kicks their dog when they get angry. They're not going to get help if they're not made aware of the fact they have a problem.
7. Child Abuse: A growing epidemic in not only the U.S. but around the world. We are allowing our greed and self involvement to blind us to our God given responsibility to defend children. Child abuse is not something to discuss in hushed tones as we look on victims with pity and sorrow. It is something that should have us taking to the streets and marching! We should be standing before government buildings and screaming "NO MORE!" Never hold your tongue when you see something that causes you concern. It is better to raise a false alarm than no alarm at all and let a child suffer alone.
8. The environment: I personally don't want to breathe through a mask when I go outside. Every little bit helps. Carry your empty bottle a few blocks until you find a recycle bin. Carpool when you can. Use less paper. Buy eco friendly products. Be part of the solution, not the problem. We are no where near ready to take on living on the moon or in space, so if we screw this planet up where the hell else are we supposed to go?
I could go on and on, but that's enough to give an idea of what all is on my protest list. You'll see me marching! Got my Nike's out and everything.
Religion: I'm Baha'i, though i was raised Baptist. I support any religious sect that doesn't promote the alienation of another people for being different. I am against the commercialization of religion, and it's use to justify mans' atrocities committed against man. Religion is supposed to be about faith, honor, family, love and forgiveness; not violence, war and segregation. Use your faith as a means to reach out to others in need, not as a weapon.
Pet Peeves: Anyone who will not listen to reason, or refuses to hear someone elses opinion. People who think that all Muslim's are terrorists or associate with terrorists. Being Muslim doesn't make you a religious fanatic, just like being Mormon doesn't make you a polygamist. I hate how people constantly bring up that Obama might have Muslim ties. Who cares? We have a government that has separation of Church and State people, his religious affiliation has nothing to do with his political platform. (I'm not voting for him, but not because of BS like that. I vote Green because they are more my style) Most of all I hate people who get peanut butter in the jelly! Makes my blood boil! Or crumbs in the butter! AHHHH! wipe the knife off first people! Other's have to use them after you!
Bio: Graduating soon with a BA in English. Lots of family, though there is something to be said for having good things in moderation. No children, and won't be having any. Hope to adopt eventually (stress the eventually). Have two horses, two dogs, two cats, four snakes, and a partridge and a pear tree! Actually it's a bonsai! But generally just another member of this place we call Earth, and taking life one day at a time.
Favorite Movies: Strangeland, Saving Grace (hilarious English Comedy that everyone should watch), Bad Boys 2, Singing in the Rain, Fried Green Tomatoes, Labyrinth, Hackers, Last of the Mohicans, Naturally Native, Black Beauty, All the Cheech and Chong movies, Full Metal Jacket, A Clockwork Orange, Casablanca, Casino, Aladdin, Natural Born Killers, the Harold and Kumar movies, and Pitch Black.
Favorite TV shows: Punky Brewster, That 70's show, Crocodile Hunter, Criminal Minds, Law and Order:SVU, Smurfs, Scooby Doo, Family Guy, Discovery Channel, History Channel, Animal Planet, Monk, and Psych.
Favorite Books: Get ready! Anything Dorothy Allison (Trash, Two or Three Things I Know for Sure, Cavedweller, though Bastard out of Carolina is my favorite). The Stranger, A Clockwork Orange, Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights (have to read it at least once a year), On the Road, Dharma Bums (Anything Kerouac really. Though Ginsberg had some great writings that I think are really under appreciated. Anything with the Beat Generation though is really a fav!), Monk, Warboy, Of Human Bondage, Crooked, Brave, The Souls of Black Folk, Any and all books on Religion since I'm working on a second BA in Religious studies (The Meaning of Shinto, The Bahai'i Faith, World Religions, Catholicism, Catholic Symbols, Buddhism and You, Buddhist Studies, Taoism, Confucianism, and so on), Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife, and the list goes on and on.
Life Goals: WORLD DOMINATION!! Just kidding. I just want to be happy for as much as I can for however long I'm here. It would be great to become a world renown author, make millions and have everything I could possibly want at my finger tips, but I'd be even happier if I had a significant other who I shared a lasting love and respect for, a loving home, and friends and family who love and support me. Vin Diesel at my beck and call wouldn't kill me either.
Hobbies: Writing, reading everything I can get my hands on, horse back riding, drawing, painting, playing with my pets, and gardening (still working on keeping everything alive part, but getting closer).
Favorite Actor/Actress: Vin Diesel (I think he is a very gracious, well spoken, and respectful actor. So many celebrities today are all about headlines. They've lost that Clark Gable, Humphrey Bogart sense of style, but Vin Diesel is a very private man for a celebrity and takes a more refined approach to the media that reminds me of our long, lost, classic movie stars), Halle Barry (what else is there to say other than Halle Barry?).
Motto: Shit happens, you just have to flush it and move on.
I am a person who thinks that life is meant for living. Take each day and make it your own. Take everything around you with an open heart and mind, and be willing to change. I try to see creative solutions, not just problems. I try to see past the bad for the good that is often overshadowed. So much of our world today is tragedy and chaos, but I feel that if we make a conscious decision to be happy and try to spread that joy to others than good things will gravitate to us. It has taken me awhile to get where I am, and it wasn't an easy trip, but I have learned several valuable lessons in life that keep me going.
1. For good or bad, tomorrow will always come.
2. We are who we choose to be, no one defines us unless we allow them to.
3. God is not responsible for the bad things in life, those come from human fallibility.
4. Some people are just born evil, and you have to understand that not everyone can or wants to be saved.
5. Tears do not make a person weak, the inability to shed them does.
6. No good deed goes unpunished in some way or another (human error and selfishness assures that), but some are richly rewarded and greatly appreciated.
7. No kind gesture is to small.
8. Laughter can eventually heal all wounds.
9. Negativity gets you nowhere and nothing, except all alone in an empty house with dozens of cats as your only friends.
10. Everyone gets knocked down, it's getting back up that's important.
11. Accepting someones help takes nothing away from an accomplishment. It only adds to those you get to thank along the way.
12. Knowledge is power! Gain it by any means necessary and do your best to spread it to others!
13. Hate destroys families, nations, and entire people's. Love enables us to stop the destruction and rebuild.
14. Small things do matter. Share a smile with a stranger to brighten their day. Toss your coke bottle in a recycling bin instead of the trash. Drop a few pennies into a donation box. Call a friend or loved one simply to say hello. Happiness comes one step at a time.
15. It's ok to be steadfast, but not purposefully ignorant. Get all the facts before you make a decision.
|7 years ago|
|31 days ago|
|6 years ago|
Texanlady has 6 stories