Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Get Rid of the Hierarchy Challenge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Get Rid of the Hierarchy Challenge
Kneazles
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Get Rid of the Hierarchy Challenge 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 16
Okay so this might be a bit wordy at first, this is basically some background information.

I've noticed many fanfics include the concepts of pack hierarchy, dominance and alphas which I assume is from the pack hierarchy theories that resulted from studies of captive wolves. I enjoy such stories-indeed many of my favorite stories include such concepts--but I thought it might be interesting to switch it up somewhat.

Recent studies (such as this one) in wolf behavior by observing natural wolf packs rather than the artificial captive ones have shown a different picture where the pack is more of a family unit--the parents as the core of the pack with their offspring (the current litter and some older pups) and occasionally a wild pack might consist of a couple such family units. Natural packs have less fights than artificial packs in part because when the young wolves start to get ansy and wanting to mate they leave the family to find a mate and partly because they have room to roam and hunt that artificial packs do not have.

The premise of this challenge is simply to shake up the hierarchy theory. How you do this is up to you.
A couple of ideas to get you thinking include:
-Perhaps the characters do something to shake up or reject the hierarchy
-Perhaps Kagome mentions something about dominance and submission within a pack and gets a clueless response from Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru, Koga or whoever
-Perhaps one of the dog demons gets a hold of a dog training book/video following the hierarchy theory and starts mocking/scoffing at the advice {"Attempting to "Alpha Roll' me would result in your death not submission"}

Rules:
-Any size fic is allowed
-Any rating
-Pairing should be Sess/Kag
-May be part of an existing story
-Have fun

Banner

www.dokuga.com/images/gallery/pictures/banners_2/hierarchy_20130120_1769620731.jpg

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/03/09 14:26 By Kneazles.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lady Nefertiti
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Get Rid of the Hierarchy Challenge 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 37
Looks like I'm the first one to submit this prompt

Title: Dangerous Dance
Rated: MA
Prompt: 66

Link: www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/7950/66

Hope you like it Kneazles.

Logged Logged
Kneazles
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Get Rid of the Hierarchy Challenge 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 16
Thank you. I've been battling a bad cold for the past week so I've got behind on many fics, so once I catch up I'll review.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.