Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Email Alerts Go!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Email Alerts Go!
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 51
Yes that's right!

Dokuga has email alerts!

It's our most requested feature, so we finally did it. Right now, users receive alerts for new reviews on their fanficion and updates for favorite authors and favorite stories. We'll take care of finishing up alerts for fanart comments shortly, because I'm really tired right now and if I see one more php tag I'm going to puke.

Right now, we need to know if anyone is receiving any weird/spam messages. If you get an email for something that isn't on your faves and isn't a review, please let us know as soon as possible.

And as an additional note, I would like to apologize to everyone who has me on their favorite authors list. I wasn't able to fully test the email script on my computer since my computer doesn't send emails outbound like a server, so the script went live with a bad loop bug. I tested it on the wrong account (I was using Test21 in one browser window because no one has that account favorited) and accidentally updated Miss_Kagura's test story. It sent a long malformed message to everyone with me as a favorite author between one and one hundred and sixty, and if you're the person who got 160 spam emails, I am so sorry.

-MissK

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 34
Thanks MISS K! you are the best. *huggles* you deserve that after all your hard work! You are what keeps us alive. Ok phiosophical moment done back to craziness.

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
redoxide
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
You must be some sort of comouter genius to do all that work! I have to admit, I laughed when reading that some poor soul may have received 160 emails. I'm a bad person.

Logged Logged
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 51
Spamming everyone = epic fail

When I realized what I had done, I was like noooooo!

I've inflicted all kinds of torture on this poor site while trying to improve it.

Logged Logged

You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 27
I looked at my email account this morning and was very confused when I saw around a hundred messages of the same thing. But I figured that something had to be up and didn't worry about it!

On the other note, I am very happy!! You're the best Miss Kagura!

Logged Logged

Angelicatt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
Miss K...you rock girl. when you told me last night you were "thinking" about it I didn't realize you'd keep at it til it worked. I hoped you got some sleep though

Logged Logged

Fluffy Lady
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
I didn't have the 160, but I did have 99! lol

Logged Logged

~I am the mistress of the RP... I have so many plot bunnies running rampant that they cannot be contained to one site! Check me out on dA!
DocBevCulver
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
Miss Kagura wrote:
Yes that's right!

Dokuga has email alerts!

It's our most requested feature, so we finally did it. Right now, users receive alerts for new reviews on their fanficion and updates for favorite authors and favorite stories. We'll take care of finishing up alerts for fanart comments shortly, because I'm really tired right now and if I see one more php tag I'm going to puke.

Right now, we need to know if anyone is receiving any weird/spam messages. If you get an email for something that isn't on your faves and isn't a review, please let us know as soon as possible.

And as an additional note, I would like to apologize to everyone who has me on their favorite authors list. I wasn't able to fully test the email script on my computer since my computer doesn't send emails outbound like a server, so the script went live with a bad loop bug. I tested it on the wrong account (I was using Test21 in one browser window because no one has that account favorited) and accidentally updated Miss_Kagura's test story. It sent a long malformed message to everyone with me as a favorite author between one and one hundred and sixty, and if you're the person who got 160 spam emails, I am so sorry.

-MissK

Yay for update notices!!! Thank you so much for working hard on this Miss K. Makes it so much easier to know when my fav stories have been updated.

As for the 160 spam emails. Is that the email saying Test had been updated and then something about the awards? If so... think I got the 160 one because, since I use Gmail and it lumps messages together. I got three separate lump mails with like 50-60 emails in each one. LOL

YAY! FOR UPDATE NOTICES!!!!

Logged Logged

~Over at the Claim Game~

I am soooo a FIREMENS!!!! fangirl!!! You should become one too!

Yes! Watch the new eps of IY every Saturday, here!!
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 51
Yep, that's the one. How embarrassing!

Logged Logged

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 66
WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! I got two email alerts and ZERO spam. You are the woman, Miss K!

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 9
You know its really funny I checked my email the other day and found 169 email updates for mostly fanfiction and it was all from you Miss K ROFL and when I saw 169 I almost fainted because I never get that many emails xDD (its sad everyone hates me *sniff* naw not really, its just that I don't email them because I don't have anything interesting to say) but yeah the updates are working fine so I don't think you have to worry about that.

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
SilentlyFuming
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
Yes! I love the update notices, now I'll never fall behind on my favorite stories again!
...unless I'm too lazy to check my email. -_-'

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
I only got a few emails but no spam. Your the best Miss K!!!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 52
I got nothing. But on the plus side, my inbox reads as having a perfect 30,000 messages right now, yay for Yahoo having a large free e-mail storage capacity for those who keep forgetting to use the 'delete' function.

Logged Logged

miwa03
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Email Alerts Go! 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
Hurray for Miss K!!!
You're just so amazing... I was so surprised when I receive an e-mail about an update of my favorite story on Dokuga. Back then I only received it from ff.net. So it was great!

Happy sleeping Miss K Can't wait for your next innovation for Dokuga.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.