Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Can't Get into CHAT!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Can't Get into CHAT!
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 216
Alright Folks, (this is mostly to people that use chat)

there seems to be a larger issue then i thought with members not being able to get into Chat. There always seems to be something going on with this, lately, it seems to be Google Chrome that's the issue, though it's probably not limited to that. I was asked by one or 2 people before hand, and then sent the issue to Mr. Mith, our 'tech-admin'? and as far as i know he's still working on it. But now, it seems much larger as those 1 - 2 have turned into 10+ (givertake) I'll be contacting our chat server to find out what might be happening on their end.

So far, i do know that Mozilla aka Foxfire works with no problem. I'm not telling you to just change servers forever, but for the moment, if you want into chat you might hafta. Either way, please keep your eyes open for an update saying things are all cleared up.

- Sugar0o

**just sent this out as a system email as well, just in case there are those that don't follow with Forums.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rinku
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 9
Unfortunately roo, I use Google Chrome and you're right its not working. But I also have Mozilla Firefox and when I load the chat, it goes fine and then just randomly goes to white screen after its done loading. What do I do?

Logged Logged
Apophis
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Glad to know something is being done.

Logged Logged
Rinku
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 9
But why is the Mozilla Firefox going white screen after loading chat?

Logged Logged
Apophis
Pup
graphgraph
Near as anyone can figure out, it has something to do with the flash update.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 216
can you please screen shot it and post and image here? or a link to the image. I've got an idea that your getting what Mith was, and i'm not sure where he is with that.

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 53
Okay, here's my versions:

Google Chrome 25.0.1364.97 m (Windows)- Flash 11.6.602.171 (built-in) - Does not work. Hangs on chat login screen.
IE 9 (Windows) - Flash 11.6.602.168 (plugin) - Does not work. Black screen on load.

Firefox 19 (Windows) - Flash 11.5.502.146 - Does work.

So, it seems that older flash versions work. From work I had an 11.2 flash version IIRC, and could get on with an older Firefox (14 maybe?), and an older Google Chrome with an older Flash version worked. From a Linux desktop.

Edit:
Ohh ... and link to SS is right here

-J

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/02/24 20:34 By mitharus.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
I'm running Firefox 19 with Flash 11.5.502.149 and I can get in.

Just thought I'd mention that!

~~me~~

EDIT: Win7, btw

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/02/24 20:55 By wiccanmethuselah.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

nightmareofcat
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 6
ive tried IE, Chrome, and FireFox and none of them work. chrome just freezes, IE black screens and FireFox white screens.

Logged Logged

the nightmare will return
Addy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4
I thought it was just me! I haven't been able to get in for more than a week and a half, but I wasn't sure if I should tell someone or if it was my computer being terrible.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kagome\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Panty Flash in the Claim Game.
I am a Master Arm Rest in Dokugareers and I am invisible until mods notice me. :3 Fear my YIMhood!
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 46
I encountered some difficulties with Chrome, but I never had such a problem with Firefox. Well, occasionally Opo does kick me out, but that's his controversial way of professing his undying love for me, so I don't take it seriously ;D

Logged Logged

Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
I think I've got a new one to look into/think about...I'm a Mac user, and I run on the Safari web server. Chat has just recently (last three, four days) stopped working for me. So I dunno if anyone else has had this problem that has a mac, but I am having it on my computer >.<

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 216
Hey everyone, our chat server is full of idiots, i've put in a ticket about it but havent gotten very far with them. They aren't that awesome when you have issues.

We are still working on it. As of the moment though, I'm not sure there is a one operating browser that works better then another. Forfire had been best as far as i knew but i've been told by a few that there are some people using it that cannot get into chat either.

I'm not sure what to tell everyone, and i'm sorry about that :[

The only thing i can think is, for those of you who can't get into chat? are you all running the most up to date flash? i know i had to update it a while ago, please be patient with us, we are looking into everything possible. :S :unsure:

I'm running:
Flash: 11.5.502.149
Foxfire: 19

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/02/27 22:57 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
Elehanna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 6
well, i've got a new issue. instead of loading the chat when i click agree, it just brings me to a non-scrollable version of the page i just agreed to, and it will not do anything. all the links in the top of the page to home, and other various places work, but again you can't scroll. it's very frustrating, i tried closing and re opening the window, closing and opening my browser, updating everything, and i'll try deleting my cookies next. beyond that, i don't know what to do.

i know i'm a pain in the butt, but you guys love meh..

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
Just so everyone knows, the update to Flash that came out recently in Firefox has issues with chat. I WAS able to access chat with the last version, but this version:

DOES NOT work.

If you can roll your Adobe version back to the most recent version BEFORE this update, you may be able to use chat in Firefox. Maybe. Then again, maybe not?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Elehanna or Mauve wrote:
well, i've got a new issue. instead of loading the chat when i click agree, it just brings me to a non-scrollable version of the page i just agreed to, and it will not do anything. all the links in the top of the page to home, and other various places work, but again you can't scroll.

This is a separate issue. If you're going to the chat page by the URL: "dokuga.com/chat" -- then try changing it to being: "www.dokuga.com/chat" -- or reversed if needed.

You may need to log into the "www" (or 'other') site, but...

-J

Logged Logged
Lyra
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 7
Having been asked once I thought this might be a good idea to post here - as far as I know, this is a 100% fix for getting into chat with this flash thing, USING FIREFOX. Chrome has an internal flash update so it can't have the plugin uninstalled and reinstalled, and...I have no idea about IE. So.

Go to this link: Adobe Flash Archive

Download the adobe version 11.5.502.149; it's the seventh one down in the "Flash Player archives Release and Content Debugger archives" list.

Extract the zip file that downloads (if you don't know how to extract a zip, RIGHT click on the downloaded zip and you'll see the extract option), and then use the uninstaller in the extracted folder to uninstall your current flash.

Then restart.

After you restart, install the "new old version" of flash that you just downloaded; just click on the installer in the folder you extracted before you restarted.

And...voila. Firefox now has flash 11.5, and you can now enter chat. I'm pretty sure that ANY old version of flash will work, but I'm specifically putting this in because I KNOW that this one does; so....

Tada?

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Lyra,

Thanks, haven't had a chance to look into it much. Couple things:

1) Don't use the files in: 11_5_r502_149_debug -- You really don't need debug versions.
2) I just ran the 11_5_r502_149/flashplayer11_5r502_149_win.msi file, without running the uninstaller.
3) You shouldn't need to restart; Even the browser. You might need to reload the page, but the new flash plugin will be used once it's seen.
4) This appears to only work for Firefox (Maybe Opera?). Other browsers will still have a bad version.
5) Check the version reported at: www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

-J

Logged Logged
Azuka
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years ago Karma: 8
LYYYYYYYYRA what about the rest of us who are electronically retarded!! is their a simpler way? I cant find 11_5_r502_149/flashplayer11_5r502_149_win.msi its so old, my computer says XD

Logged Logged

Azuka
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years ago Karma: 8
why are we having such a problem with a newer version,shouldn't it be the other way around? o0

Logged Logged

Lyra
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years ago Karma: 7
The best thing I can think of THAT isn't working is to try and find and old install of chrome and see if you can turn off autoupdate? I dunno WHAT the fail is between flashchat and the the new flash, but internal plugins are a pain. Also if Mith's "shortcut" way isn't working, I'd just try the uninstall reinstall route...unless that hasn't worked either. If it keeps being a twit skype meh and I'll use my mighty beating stick on it? XD

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years ago Karma: 277
Azuka wrote:
why are we having such a problem with a newer version,shouldn't it be the other way around? o0

I do believe that the real problem here is our chat provider. If they don't respond to and fix this problem in the near future, it would appear that we will be looking for a new chat provider when our term is up again in July. I'd advocate switching now, but we've already paid for the full year - as horrible as they are at even acknowledging payments, I don't hold out much hope that they'd be any better at issuing refunds!

My sincere apologies to our members... just know that r0o is actively poking them for some resolution while Mitharus is trying to help with workarounds until this problem IS resolved.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years ago Karma: 16
Just a note too...

I am a Mac user, and it was directly after this last flash update that Safari started having the same problem. So it is buggy in Safari as well. Chat loads, but then it comes to a blank screen.

Unfortunately, for work purposes, I have to keep my flash up to date =/

Logged Logged

Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years ago Karma: 53
Azuka wrote:

Oh no ... that would be way to easy if new versions didn't break things.

I'm guessing there was some ActionScript change that's slightly different in the new version, and they haven't updated their chat software to handle it, and how the user information is passed to the chat it's causing it to break.

Azuka wrote:
LYYYYYYYYRA what about the rest of us who are electronically retarded!! is their a simpler way? I cant find 11_5_r502_149/flashplayer11_5r502_149_win.msi its so old, my computer says XD

Yup .. it's old. But it actually works. So here's a really boring description, if you want to add this in.

1) Open Windows Explorer, and go to where the download file fp_11.5.502.149_archive.zip is located.
2) Right click the fp_11.5.502.149_archive.zip file. Select "Extract all..." from the menu.
3) Double click the fp_11.5.502.149_archive directory, then Double click the 11_5_r502_149 directory.
4) To be safe, run the uninstall_flashplayer11_5r502_149_win.exe file.

Now ... Install:

For the Internet Explorer ActiveX plugin run: flashplayer11_5r502_149_winax.exe
For the Mozilla plugin run: flashplayer11_5r502_149_win.exe

I prefer the MSI files, but that's an Admin thing ... the exe's work just fine too.

Tadaa! Maybe... In theory anyway, the older version should be installed.

-J

Logged Logged
Elehanna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't Get into CHAT! 11 Years ago Karma: 6
sadly my computer isn't letting me roll back to old flash. it's driving me nuts. too bad there isn't a way to just whack it like a boiler engine, and make it work like that. that would solve everyone's problems.

Logged Logged
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.