Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Inuyasha fanart banned?!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Inuyasha fanart banned?!
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 216

I've looked i think it's saying don't steal from their website...i could be wrong though...

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kazu Hioshi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 2
Can we breathe now?

Or not?

"Posting plot summaries or derivative stories and similar based on our publications."

So says the da post.

Logged Logged

Kazu Hioshi claimed the Meido Zangetsuha of Sesshomaru at the Claim Game at Dokuga!

(Yes, I am quite aware of the fact that that sounds weird, but apostrophes turn into giant walls of slashes, and that cannot be permitted XD)

Who was your hero today?
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 27
Thank you r0o for going threw all this trouble. I hate lawyer language. IT never makes sense to the rest of us. I think they do it on purpose.

Logged Logged

War
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 2
Sounds like it isn't for us, I mean wouldn't that would violate the "Fair Use" clause?

=#=War=#=

Logged Logged

~*~

I CLAIM \"SESSHOMARU\'S TOXIC SPRAY\" IN THE CLAIM GAME!

~*~
Broken am I, be as it may.
I see not the blood that flows in depth with my own.
I will defeat you with all the demons I call.
Darkness will reign and you will fall.
Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 18
@ War I don't think it would actually, since there are people who make money off of R.T.'s characters when that is a big no no.

But that aside, I thought at first when I saw the first few posts, and even the first translation I found that they were going to try and shut the fandom down. After looking through the yahoo site translation, it sounds to me like they are pointing towards things like manga reader sites that post scans of manga illegally. Things like that which are owned completely by Shogakukan and all the other big corps. Which makes a lot more sense, since shutting down a fandom would be near impossible to do.

And a lot of manga reading sites have been shut down lately, so it would make more sense that this is to reinforce those copyrights.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/04/10 18:39 By creature of shadow.

Made by the wonderful r0o

made by the fabulous Fox
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 216
Creature of Shadow wrote:
@ War I don't think it would actually, since there are people who make money off of R.T.'s characters when that is a big no no.

But that aside, I thought at first when I saw the first few posts, and even the first translation I found that they were going to try and shut the fandom down. After looking through the yahoo site translation, it sounds to me like they are pointing towards things like manga reader sites that post scans of manga illegally. Things like that which are owned completely by Shogakukan and all the other big corps. Which makes a lot more sense, since shutting down a fandom would be near impossible to do.

And a lot of manga reading sites have been shut down lately, so it would make more sense that this is to reinforce those copyrights.
I'm kinda agreeing with the manga reader sites, they've already TRIED to pull them down before, remember when everything shut down, and lets not forget our beloved OneManga... i miss that site's usefulness!

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 16
I am throwing this out there to quell the argument: www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

If the copyright license holder is saying "DON'T USE THIS, EVEN IN YOUR ORIGINAL CREATIONS" then it is that simple. DON'T.

The information is out there for all to see. We know that there is a chance they will not allow it. (and I say chance because we are still waiting on clarification on it) Fair use ONLY APPLIES when there is no preset rule from the license holder on what is or is not appropriate use of their intellectual property, AND it is not feasible for the artist to contact the company. Nintendo did this years ago because of all the sprite issues.

However, it is hard to enforce. On top of that, as has been pointed out, this probably has more to do with manga scans and the re-posting of official art. Or traced art. Or people commissioning fan art for money. (Which violares rule 4 of the fair use clause ANYWAY)

We have to wait and see what a clarified statement says.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 277
Frankly, until we receive, in writing, a legal notice to "cease and desist," as far as I'm concerned, everything stays the same here. Period.

I'll be sure to let everyone know if anything like that happens, 'k? Until then, I'm not losing any sleep over it, and I don't think you guys should either.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
*cheers* I agree Wiccan that's the way to go!

Logged Logged

Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! interesting update 13 Years ago Karma: 27
Well that was.... exciting...

update

Logged Logged

jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 7
*sigh* I feel like I can breathe again.

Logged Logged

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 26
I figured it wouldn't be real, something this major would be hard to enforce loves, you don't ever have to worry about things like this until an official law is posted... not some blogger on a website. You can't control people and you certainly can't control the internet. Some rules would be understandable and almost recommended. A complete ban would be impossible to try and enforce not to mention the millions of lawsuits they could 'try' to go through with.

Better article to read: Re-Blog

The same person who started the scare has backpedaled, as shown in that article.

~~~ Quoting:

I sincerely apologize to the entire DA community for this false alarm!

Earlier this week, I made a post stating:

Shogakukan publication company bans all Fan-art / Doujinshi under their ownership.

This is apparently FALSE, and I received a confirmation e-mail from Shogakukan stating that only OFFICIAL characters / publications outlined on their website for copyright rules apply.

Again, fan-art / doujinshi are omitted (not included) under those rules.

I am Japanese/American, and for SOME reason, I believed this ban was very true, even AFTER reading the official rules myself! >__<

Again, I sincerely apologize to the entire DA community, and everyone that may have been falsely alarmed by my news.
I should have waited for the confirmation e-mail before making any false statements.

Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/04/11 03:30 By Fox.

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 31
Woot! All is good. ^.^ I've been lurking in the shadows of this thread, waiting for the results. Glad to see all is well.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Saddest part is apparently people pulled fan art from DA because of it.

Logged Logged

Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 52
Yeah, and another sad part is that they'll have trouble enforcing even the revised statement. Anything in the way of Manga/Anime/Cartoons that is popular would have a heck of a time enfocing any cease and desist orders internationally as long as Hong Kong exists in its current state.

Logged Logged

Skyisthelimit
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 8
You guys...kind of were this close to giving me a heart attack. Like really close. Then, luckily I managed to get to the end of the thread XD

Logged Logged

Elehanna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 6
i kinda figured that was the case. It kinda sounded like japan was trying to do the impossible. It's good to know that i don't have to pull down that lil drabble collection i'm starting. Now that the proverbial needle has been found in the haystack, i can continue writing without worries that i can't post as an outlet. When i first read it, i though my chest had fallen on the floor, and i'd need stitches to put it back in place!! lol

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha fanart banned?! 13 Years ago Karma: 8
Oh thank goodness! I was literally clutching my chest for fear that this fandom and everything would be gone. :wipes sweat from brow: All is good for now! woo-hoo!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Sorry to have caused anyone distress. I was worried and upset when I read it on DA.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.