Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Downtime -_- ...It might be a train.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Downtime -_- ...It might be a train.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 216
Well I dont have much time so i'm just going to try and be as serious as i can about this. yesterday i went to work, and my computer, my 3.5 year old computer that is, was working as it normally does. I got home from work and had to restart it b/c it went to sleep and wouldnt wake up, probably the first sign that i was d0omed.

I restarted it the only way i knew how shich was to turn it off and then back on, and then i got the Window's Blue screen of death. -_- So i think my computer has offically crashed b/c its telling me that Windows is being prevented from starting so that it does not damage my computer.

Beyond that, i cannot even get into safe mode. I'll tell you know I'm going to bring it to 'Geek Squad' of Best buy and prey that they can save all the fics, pics, and PhotoShop thats on this PC, and that i'm not just stuck buying a new one.

At the moment I'm at the Library typing this up and i wont really have time to come back for a few days. While I'll be thankful for any advice i get i can promise i wont even have a pc to look it up at home to try. So that being said, If i'm not back online for a few days, jsut to let you know...

... That light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a train.

Sigh....

If i have to buy something knew i will probably lose my PS, and some of my fics, not to mention some of my art. I'll be very behind attempting to fix it when i get back up, and they tell me its going to be 3 - 5 days. So i'll be behind in reading too...

somtimes you jsut cant win.

a sad and blue screened to death r0o.

Pray for my puter.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
HUGGLES R0o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sending up offerings to the 'puter gods as I type this, hoping against hope that your files will be spared! I had a hard drive crash once - to the point where they couldn't access it by any normal means... I am SO VERY MUCH hoping that isn't the case with yours. This was back in better financial times and, since my whole LIFE was on that hard drive, I paid Vogon International (yeah, check the name) a buttload to take it apart in their 'clean room,' to save what bits they could.

That train came whizzing through here in the past week, a couple of times, so I can empathize with what you're going through! Chin up, kiddo... and we'll be here when you get back!

MOAR HUGGLES AND SMOOCHIES TOO!!!!!!
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 66
Aw, man. I'll be praying for you and your 'puter. Hope the Geek Squad is able to fix it.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 16
I am sorry to hear that! (I had a similar problem earlier this year)

Most places can do hard drive rescue. (I am not a fan of Geek Squad because they send most computers OUT to be worked on-- which hikes up the prices) But it'll be worth it if you can get everything back. What they do is pull all the files off the hard drive and put it on an external for you. Usually they'll wipe your computer clean and kinda give you a clean slate.

Sadly, saving the hard drive can also be costly.

I'll be hoping the best for you. I hope it is just a small program glitch and they can fix it on the spot or something.

Logged Logged

Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 12
r0o, I'm praying for you. I wanted to cry when my hard drive crashed. And that was knowing that my buddy, Thomas, could install the new drive and put all the programs on it that I wanted. I still have the old drive, I intend to try a couple of tricks I read in PC Magazine to see if I can get it to work long enough to download the family pics and all of my fan fics.

I love you and I'll miss y0ou.

Rowdy

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
Aimee Blue
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 22
N0o0o0o0o0o0o! P0or r0o, I'm so sorry to hear that! I know that my electronic gadgets are prone to breaking too and I've been lucky that when they've gone kaput they haven't taken any of my work with them, I hope you will be as lucky. *huggles the r0o*

SH(L)E....
<_< still doesn't work in here...

SHOE!

Logged Logged

Janey-jane
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
that sucks. Seriously.

I had it happen one to many times, so I now have an external hard drive and I back-up all my files at least once a month. It wont help with installed programs, but at least I won't loose all of my art or anything.

Logged Logged
Kerii
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4
I lost my desktop hard drive. Everything was lost. Luckily, I have this old spare laptop. Has the TINIEST hard drive! I hope your PC ends up being OK!

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 91
I'm feeling for you there r0o (glances at desktop that is about as worthless as a rock sitting on my desk right now). Usually they can recover it so i got my fingers crossed for you.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 216
Well I did manage to sneak on somewhere else. I'm actually at my grandmother's office right now, she's doign real estate while i look online.

Update: GeekSquad cant say i'm happy or upset at the prospects. I went to Best buy and told them what was going on. Gave them my BABY!!! and had to pay the flat fee for the 'diagnostic & repair' :[ the flat fee was $199.99 >_< BUT plus side is if its rediculously easy to fix they they bring it back down to jsut the 'diagnostic' prices, again flat fee of 69.99 and i get the refund back.

They DO offer to back your info up on an external, but it costs an extra 150$ and well if i spent 199.99+150 = 349.99... At that point i might as well just throw in an extra$100 and get a brand new Tower. -_-

Buts its not all a loss, for the most part Some of you will want to kill best buy if they cant make it work b/c well, No lie i did have half a chapter for Dance, Betrothal, and Woman's Wrath on that thing I cant say weather or not any of that is saved on my Externals though b/c i clearly remember doing that about 3 monsths ago.

That does make me sad though only b/c i'll probably lsoe a lot of my Xover stuff :[ *sighs*

Yanno being creative once isn't easy being creative a second time is gunna be rough. But i'll make it through. I'm gunna print up some of the fics i'm reading so i wont be too bored but I can't say when i'll get another time to check in on everything. I'm going through dokuga withdrawls again. -_-

Stupid train!

If anyone out there doesnt have an external harddrive GET ONE! and save regularly, like bi-weekly or monthly. :[

So many half-lemons may be lost *whines pathetically*

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Angelicatt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
Oh R0o, will be thinking of you and the 'puter. I understand your pain. My laptop died over a year ago and not even Dell could revive it.

Keep your chin up..and know that we miss ya.

Logged Logged

Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 12
*Twitching* Is Dokuga withdrawal as bad as r0o withdrawal? *Twitch* I guess I'll find out on the 16th.

I went the Carbonite way myself.

*Twitch* r0o, we really miss you. *Twitch*

Rowdy

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
Janey-jane
Whelp
graphgraph
I've been thinking about this and I can't recommend it enough - you can buy an external harddrive 300-500GB for around $50USD, which is way more than enough memory for most people.

Anyone who stores a lot of files on their computer (whether its art, writing, pictures, etc.) should have some sort of external backup (there are also sites online where you can pay a fee and it automatically backs up your files, Rowdy mentioned Carbonite).

Most external hard drives come with software that sets up an automatic reminder system to remind you to back up your files at regular intervals. This saved my life when my laptop died a couple months ago. My art, my writing, my iTunes.... all safe.

Also - if you do a lot of digital art you know how huge the files can get and how much space they can take up on your computer - I periodically shift my older art files to the external hard drive alone to keep my computer performance at its best.

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Rowdys Girl wrote:
*Twitching* Is Dokuga withdrawal as bad as r0o withdrawal? *Twitch* I guess I'll find out on the 16th.

I went the Carbonite way myself.

*Twitch* r0o, we really miss you. *Twitch*

Rowdy

I'm right there with you, Rowdy. I'm hoping the Geek Squad fixes that 'puter. PLEASE!!! COME BACK SOON R0O!

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 52
Sounds like your OS has been corrupted, by either a virus or OS. When those registery files get messed up, all kinds of bad things can happen. If it is indeed a software problem, which is what it sounds like.

There is a high probability that all of your data can be saved though, which is always a good thing.

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Thats good to know Mr. WAlter. B/c at the moment Geek Squad still has it. Back at the grandmother's office. She's right down the street but this will probably be the last time til either next week or so, b/c she's going out of town.

Then again I'm thinking about jacking my mom's 2001 @_@ HP in a box that she got from wally word :3 if for no other reason then jsut to be able to get online. I'm kinda waiting to get a call back from geek squad, i guess i'm optomistic that it wont take much.

I also hope very much that its not only easy but files are safe. We'll see.

As for Externals, i actually have 2, that total out to 500 GBs :3 like i said i know that at least 60% is backed up maybe more but nothing that new. I think that when i get my puter back no matter the state, I'm going to set them up to auto backupfiles once every 3 weeks or so.

Other then that, I talked to my dad to seeif had an old Lappy, and he's all like :l NO, but maybe i can swing getting you a new Puter. And i have a friend that is in the puter selling business, that i just Randomly saw at best buy the day i took puter in to GS, might get a new copy of PS if i lose the old one. So if anything worse case situation, I get my puter back, files lost but working then new puter with new PS.... maybe... we'll see this is all nuts to me -_-

I am going to fair warn anyone that I'm following a fic on, coughcoughDANI&morecoughcough that I'm probably going to review bomb the living daylights out of the lot of you when i get puter back, or anything where i have more then 30 - 45 mins. (like now)

As for r0o withdrawl? yeah not sure its as bad as dokuga withdrawl, Seriously you have any idea how bad it is to have my plunnies and no where to put them? BAD. i cant even vent them, b/c my mother doesnt understand inuyasha, and would freak at the word 'demon' >_<

Oh well. I'll check in when i can. My plan is to high jack mom's computer if i havent heard from GS by the time i get off work Saturday afternoon. Then I'll be able to get online i hope that thing is kinda got some kidna demon spirit in it, my mother's not computer savy at all so it shakes.... @_@ i still havent figured that one out.

- going with withdrawl
r0o

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 91
I shall hide and protect myself Anyhoo... i hope it is just a software thing, those are easy enough to fix thankfully though they can make you NUTS We miss you r0o!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Good luck Sugar-chan. Won't help you this time, but for the future you should do what I did. Hubby got me a cheap USB card, for about 20 bucks, and I save on it about every other day. No way I could go a month without backing up everything, especially since I almost lost everything, including my novels, a couple of months ago when my computer was infected with viruses.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 25
Hopefully they can get it straightened out lickety split. I wish we lived closer. I've got my own personal Geek Squad at my beck and call, free of charge. I'd pout and point in your direction, maybe whine 'fix eet!'. If anything, hopefully they can get all of your files. I know losing everything forever would be a total blow.

Logged Logged
Dragoness
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
First of all you have my sympathies because my system crashed and I lost everything. Including the book I have been working on for the last year and a half. I went to Geek Squad and they messed my computer up even more. I eventually had to get one of those shady hackers(not saying hackers are all shady but this one definitely was) to fix my computer. I am glad you were able to save most of your stuff.

I have to also agree with Hairann. I also purchased several of those USB cards. Ever since that one incident I have become paranoid when it comes to backing up everything. As much as I love computers they can drive me up the wall.

Logged Logged

DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
That really sucks. That's what happened to mine as well... :/ But rest assured, I'm sure they will be able to recover your files and such. They were able to save my things, but I had to re-download all my programs. I have learned my lesson though - always keep a back-up disc with all my important things in it. Hope all goes well for you and your computer.

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Downtime -_- ...It might be a train. 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 8
That really sucks but hopefully everything can be saved. I pray it can be fix! :bows to the computer Gods: Let them fix the mighty r0o's puter! We miss you r0o!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
So I still havent gotten the puter back jsut yet, tomorrow is day 7 unless they dont count weekends, in which case, tomorrow's day 5. I HOPE to have my baby back on thursday no matter what i feel so insane without our site and everyone.

TV sucks... though Ion is kinda a nifty channel... @_@

when i last saw my emails, i had 86 in box, now i have 199... WTF *dies* *will be s0o0o0o0o0o backed up*

TT3TT

I had planned to highjack my mother's puter but i realized that if i did i'd have to set her's back up again and we've got some insane 2 box hook up, which would require a call to comcast, and other none-fun things. So in closing. I'm barely sane, i miss you all, and i want my puter back in almost any shape so long as it freaking works.

Again, backing up, at this point i dont care about i just want my puter TT3TT

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
You're not the only one who's been insane. Hopefully it'll be two more days, well, a day and a half since Tuesday's just about over. I'll try to keep the head-banging to a minimum. Everybody here misses you. Until then, I'll fawn over the awesome stuff you've put out. COME BACK SOON!!

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
well there is a Kami of....:Sango. So i'll need you all to pick something i cant figure it out, like all the rest she's kidna Concept-y, so one word Kami of "..." titles if you will be so kind as to figure something out that suites her personage.

And there's a new Concept Kagome that i made... no freaking clue where it came from but its got feathers @_@ No matter what i'll still be able to scan my work i just may not be able to make it prettiful if i lost PS, if i did well i'll hafta find something else or beg friends for free copy >:3

I'm going to try to work on a Kami of inuyasha or Miroku, it'll depend on which one comes to me first, maybe Naraku or Shippo, then the next female will be Rin she will be older but still only looking adolesence. -nods- i jsut cant seem to imagine her with's b0o`hay-bees. -nods N shudders at once-

>:3 can you imagine what Sess would do when she got b0ohaybee's he's probably spend like a day trying to figure out how to make them pop back in. =x

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.