Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sesshomaru's Kimono
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Sesshomaru's Kimono
BlackInuPup
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 9
Please someone in heavens all mighty name help me on this. I been working on my story Two Souls Two Jewels and I came across a mighty problem. I have no knowledge what so ever of Sesshomaru's wonderful Kimono. So I did my research like a good little girl using the links of :

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimono#Men.27s_kimonos
www.shimazakura.com/kimono-accessory-needs-s/121.htmz
eelkat.wordpress.com/2008/06/01/lord-sesshomarus-kimono-anime-manga/

So yeah here comes the most wonderful question in the world. What is Sesshomaru really wearing. The last link say that he wears a Nagajuban (that is sometimes flower pattern.) Soooooooooo everything I seen is him wearing said floral pattern on the outside which should be the Kimono (Hoari?) Or is it just plainly a Kimono. I am getting the most aggravating headache trying to figure it all out and then I remembered I have a wonderful Dokuga family that is absolutely obsessed with Sesshomaru like mwah.

Please I beg of you.... HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kryhs Vee
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I always thought he was wearing a haori and hakama, but I was faced with the same problem while writing my one shot this evening. Needless to say I will be watching this thread carefully! Lol

Logged Logged
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 46
A nanajuban is usually worn underneath, much like undergarments. I believe that the upper part is indeed a type of haori and the lower part a type of hakama called sashinuki hakama. The yellow sash he wears is called obi I think. I will show his outfit to my Japanese language teacher on Saturday and ask her about it for more details.

Logged Logged

BlackInuPup
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 9
Stella wrote:
A nanajuban is usually worn underneath, much like undergarments. I believe that the upper part is indeed a type of haori and the lower part a type of hakama called sashinuki hakama. The yellow sash he wears is called obi I think. I will show his outfit to my Japanese language teacher on Saturday and ask her about it for more details.

Thank you very much if you really do this. I really would love to know what he is wearing. I know that the Hadajuban is the underwear for the kimono and the Nagajuban is what goes between them o.o...

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 216
I think you need to consider ( and i'm not saying your doing it) but honestly the smaller details like this can clog a fic up. When i remember fics it's not b/c of what clothing type he's wearing, or what their house looked like. I'm not saying it densest help sometimes but you shouldn't worry yourself to the point of stress over it.

We'd get it if you said "pants" verses "Hakama" either way it goes.

Just remember have fun with it, and so long as you understand it and can paint it for us, then we'll get it too ^_^

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/10/29 22:45 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
I'll be sure to add a memo in my notes and ask her. Even if you don't use the terms in your story, as sugar0o very kindly suggested, it would be nice to finally know what exactly he's wearing

I'll get back to you in a week!

Logged Logged

BlackInuPup
Whelp
graphgraph
sugar0o wrote:
I think you need to consider ( and i'm not saying your doing it) but honestly the smaller details like this can clog a fic up. When i remember fics it's not b/c of what clothing type he's wearing, or what their house looked like. I'm not saying it densest help sometimes but you shouldn't worry yourself to the point of stress over it.

We'd get it if you said "pants" verses "Hakama" either way it goes.

Just remember have fun with it, and so long as you understand it and can paint it for us, then we'll get it too ^_^

I guess when I started writing the pants and stuff down my brain instantly took a great peek into knowing what he really was wearing. Instead of pants I wanted to write hakama because I read a lot of animes. So then it got me into the what is Sesshomaru really wearing because I already began calling his top a Hoari and everything like that. It just really captured my interest. :)Then the research I did began to confuse me so I wanted to ask the lovely people of Dokuga. !!!

I am not really a great story maker yet as I have some troubles with details here and there. So I do my best to paint a wonderful picture. It simply is just the fact that my curiousity wont really leave it alone. So I would like to use the real words of what he is wearing in my story once I gain the new bit of info so I can remember it.

Logged Logged

BlackInuPup
Whelp
graphgraph
Stella wrote:
I'll be sure to add a memo in my notes and ask her. Even if you don't use the terms in your story, as sugar0o very kindly suggested, it would be nice to finally know what exactly he's wearing

I'll get back to you in a week!

I cant wait till you get back to me on what he is wearing. My curiosity about the subject has run wild with me. A few pictures that I seen was of him wearing different outfits like four of them I believe. I began to wonder which was the real outfit drawn by Rumiko Takahashi. Or if all the outfits where drawn by her?

Logged Logged

Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
I'll ask about the anime outfit if that's alright?

Logged Logged

BlackInuPup
Whelp
graphgraph
Stella wrote:
I'll ask about the anime outfit if that's alright?

Any question you ask about the outfit will be alright I am just curious. Should make a post asking which one is Sesshomaru Sexiest in

Logged Logged

Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
That's easy...neither

Logged Logged

BlackInuPup
Whelp
graphgraph
hehe good point

Logged Logged

Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 19

I found reference of this in Lady Samiko's fic "Stolen Seasons" (K+). I'm not sure of the particular chapter, I just know that it is in there in the A/N's. For some reason I can not copy/paste the link. So if the above doesn't work, it can be found on both ffnet and in the Spark Archives.

Hope this helps.

Logged Logged

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
If you're looking for information about the InuYasha characters and their clothing, you might want to look at this excellent resource:

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/34-authors-tools/70752-glossary-of-japanese-clothing-inuyasha-characters

It contains some of the most exhaustive research I've seen to date of the clothing styles that the characters wear.

~~Wiccan~~

EDIT: Another excellent thread, also developed by Aura Depths is this one:

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/34-authors-tools/68517-glossary-of-japanese-clothing#68517

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/10/30 08:55 By wiccanmethuselah.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Kneazles
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 16
I'd strongly recommend reading EelKat's take on making a historically accurate Sesshomaru costume. I especially enjoyed her speculation that the western lands actually part of China and that he's traveled to parts of Portugal,and Mongolia (based upon his outfit).
www.squidoo.com/LordSesshomaruCostume
www.squidoo.com/LordSesshomaruCostume2
www.squidoo.com/LordSesshomaruHistory

Those links are a good starting point, and within them there are plenty of other links to click upon to read up on

Logged Logged

Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 76
Or the part at the end when it's speculated that he was originally intended to be a female.... which does make sense.

Edit: He wears the same type of armor as Princess Abi... that was kinda strange me but made sense overall. Then again, other then the Inu no Taisho, I've never seen a demon really wearing armor.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/10/30 12:15 By Knight of Disorder.

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
BlackInuPup
Whelp
graphgraph
Thank you all for your wonderful comments and helping me. I really love Dokugians. You guys are always so helpful. Thank you guys so much for all the links. I will go through them and make sure to read each one careful. Thank you so much again.

Logged Logged

Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
If you're looking for information about the InuYasha characters and their clothing, you might want to look at this excellent resource:

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/34-authors-tools/70752-glossary-of-japanese-clothing-inuyasha-characters

It contains some of the most exhaustive research I've seen to date of the clothing styles that the characters wear.

~~Wiccan~~

EDIT: Another excellent thread, also developed by Aura Depths is this one:

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/34-authors-tools/68517-glossary-of-japanese-clothing#68517

That's exactly what I wanted to see! I love you so much right now Wiccan! Thank you

Logged Logged

Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Kneazles wrote:
I'd strongly recommend reading EelKat's take on making a historically accurate Sesshomaru costume. I especially enjoyed her speculation that the western lands actually part of China and that he's traveled to parts of Portugal,and Mongolia (based upon his outfit).
www.squidoo.com/LordSesshomaruCostume
www.squidoo.com/LordSesshomaruCostume2
www.squidoo.com/LordSesshomaruHistory

Those links are a good starting point, and within them there are plenty of other links to click upon to read up on

That was very interesting! I have a couple of friends who would actually like to cosplay as Sesshy, so I send them the links. Very helpful, thank you Kneazles

Logged Logged

Kneazles
Whelp
graphgraph
Your welcome. I was looking at it as something to attempt myself but it seems like an ambitious project for a first time attempt at a costume

Logged Logged

Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Yeah, it's pretty elaborate for a first time costume. Why don't you try something simpler? I'm thinking of one of Jigoku Shoujo's outfits this year, if a reaally good friend of mine helps me make it lol

Logged Logged

Kneazles
Whelp
graphgraph
I will probably try something simpler, its just a matter of choosing a character I like and that I'd feel comfortable in the costume which eliminates a lot of female characters. Ironically it is not the clothing but the shoes that I need to feel comfortable in. I can't wear a heel unless its very solid and very low other wise I -will- break an ankle. Of course I could just ask my cousin if there's a costume she'd like to make for herself and she and I can work on it together.

Logged Logged

BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 60
I love Sesshomaru's haori pattern. The red and white flowers are very appealing. I am so getting a tattoo of this design but sadly I wont be able to use white. Anyone have a color theme ideas that will make up for the white? It doesn't even have to have red in it.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
BlackInuPup
Whelp
graphgraph
Maybe a light blue would go with his flower pattern. o.o?

Logged Logged

BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Kimono 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 60
Hmm I need two colors. Light blue and what else? Though lighter colors fade over time.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.