Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Attention Digital Artists!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Attention Digital Artists!
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 55
HAVE YOU SEEN THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?^&*()*&^%$#@$%^&* SO FREAKING AWESOME

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 216
I'd want to see how wel lit works before i thought about buying one! but that's rather awesome! specially b/c i still do a lot of hand drawn lines!

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 55
yeah, 2.0's are usually a lot better, but sketches straight to vectors!! And create digital layers while hand drawing on paper! I hope its not too glitchy

Logged Logged

Eos Sol
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
...-drops mouth open- I have not heard of this before now. This would be amazing! Though I wonder what the size limit would be. The advertisement seemed to stick to smaller paper sizes (less than the standard 8.5 by 11) unless I missed seeing something. I get so frustrated sometimes using the computer and tablet to do art, this wold be awesome. I wonder if they'll work something out for adding color. Now the tough choice comes to me, iPhone or Inkling. D :

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 55
Here's all the specs!
Wacom Inkling

EDIT: Maximum paper size: A4 paper (210 x 297 mm, 8.27” x 11.69”)

(i swear i don't work for wacom, i just thought this was awesome lol)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/30 19:47 By cakeiton.

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 66
I am so looking forward to getting it when it comes out. I get emails from Wacom and I just went It would be perfect. That would make it easier without having to scan the lineart with a scanner.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Eos Sol
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
@Cakeiton - : 3 Thank you for the link. A little disappointing it doesn't go a bit larger but I wouldn't complain if I purchased one.

@DemonQueen17 - Death to scanners! I am way too lazy to sit by my scanner and fiddle with all the settings to transfer my work onto computer for uploading to online galleries.

The only thing I'd probably miss, which I find myself doing a few times when working traditionally, is Ctrl-Z. Or just simply erasing a line since the pen uses ink. But I guess using layers and the timeline system on the software is their solution to that. Soooo putting this on my christmas list.

Logged Logged
Forsaken Tenshi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
that is amazing! I want one! but I already have a working tablet... ^.^;;;

Logged Logged

Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 16
Eh... the pen is like $200, and the ink cartriages have to have a "special" ink, which means those are going to run even more $$.

Overall I feel the cost for one of these would end up being a lot more than people realize. PLUS-- no erasing. AND, the paper has to be stationary. You can't really rotate it around. Wherever the little receiver is put, it has to stay there to get the info.

It is nice and shiny, don't get me wrong. If I had the spare cash I'd get it, but overall I think I'd rather save money and invest in a bigger Cintiq.

If it is something an artist rarely uses I can see the benefit. But I really think the ink is going to be the killer. Just like replacement tips for the styluses that come with any wacom tablet.

Logged Logged

Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 16
For those of you curious about the Inkling, a this guy has been posting a few things about it.

(somewhat NSFW, although no nudity. I am just being cautious.)

Here is his first attempt:

Teh-Dave.deviantart.com/#/d4duwuy

If you read his comments you can see that somewhere along the line, the paper shifted. He had no clue since you cannot see as you draw--he found out after he uploaded.

Then there is this one he did later (after his rage died):

Teh-Dave.deviantart.com/#/d4dznqu

It DID improve, but even in his comments he says he had to press really hard to achieve it.

He also mentions that when he draws he holds his pencil close to the tip (I do that as well) and as a result he ended up covering the sensor a lot, so he was forced to adjust his grip.

I agree with his comment that the inkling is a good idea for rough sketching or drafting, but it isn't very good for detailed work. I feel that future versions of this tool might offer solutions to some of the problems, but for now, I still feel it isn't living up to the hype.

I imagine that over time there'll me more reviews. People may figure out ways around this guy's problem-- sadly the only ones I seem to find on youtube are ones sponsored by wacom. (So of course they'll all be sunshine and daisies)

Logged Logged

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 55
Thanks Terri! This helps a lot!

Logged Logged

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 66
What a letdown. If that's the case, it's better to buy a scanner and scan your sketches. Oh, well. It is what it is.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

TheMikoShivae
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
looking at the FAQs on wacom's website...

Who is Inkling designed for?

Inkling is for artists, illustrators and designers who sketch their first rough ideas on paper, then wish to quickly and easily convert their sketches to an editable digital format.

so right there.. it's for.. rough sketches. not detailed ones.. i think the point of the current model is to get the rough idea into your computer easy.. like.. basic shapes of bodies etc... and then you do the more detailed work in photoshop or paint shop pro..

What types of sketches work best with Inkling?

Inkling works best for sketches that are used at the beginning of the creative process, such as rough concept illustrations and storyboards. For precise results, such as those needed for final artwork or sketches that require very perfect geometric figures and lines, we recommend using a Wacom Intuos4 pen tablet or Cintiq Interactive Pen Display.

again.. they say it's for the beginning of the process. not for the whole process.

if you are looking for something that would work better for the whole project.. they recommend a tablet or the Cintiq.

So... i think it's a great idea for artists who like doing rough sketches of ideas on paper.. and then making them pretty on the computer..

but if you are looking for something for more than just rough ideas.. use the money you would have spent on this for something better.

Logged Logged

~TMS FTW~
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists! 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 4
Yeah, it looks cute, but not really worth it in my opinion.
I prefer to sketch by hand and just scan it into the computer. Hey, gotta use that lovely Canon Scanner sometime. Or photograph it if I'm really lazy.
Plus I have a Bamboo and it works just fine.
The Inkling looks cute, but if all it's for is for rough drafts and sketches, I can just do those by hand and get them onto the computer whenever. It seems like a waste of money. And from reading the comments by Teh-Dave, if the sensor is down by the tip of the pen, then it would be difficult for me too.

Cute, but not something I 'need'.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/10/26 18:37 By CookieAsylum.

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Attention Digital Artists: Intuos5? 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 55
Link to Wacom Site on Intuos5

Bringing this up for discussion:
Is the upgrade worth it? Your thoughts?

Though the touch sensitivity is a neat feature, I find myself resting my hand on the tablet quite a bit after a while, which could lead to problems for me. Other than that, and a modified design, it seems the same, where Intuos3 to Intuos4 seemed to be a BIG jump. Am I missing something?

And here is a page comparing the models

EDIT: Oh, I guess all the Intuos5 can be wireless too

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/03/01 19:31 By cakeiton.

Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists: Intuos5? 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 16
I loved my Intuos 4...

As far as the touch sensativity, it looks like it is the same touch technology as an iPad, you have to make specific motions in order for anything to happen. Other than that, the pen is still the primary input. So resting your hand on the tablet might not be an issue. (God knows every time I touch a new Mac with the sensor pad I can push all I want and NOTHING HAPPENS.)

Personally... I still pimp cintiq.

Price wise it seems reasonable. Intuos doesn't really lose it's value unless you destroy or damage them. I still see Inutos 4's in the same size as mine was going for the same amount that I paid for it.

...now that I am looking at it... I kinda want a new shiny....

Logged Logged

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists: Intuos5? 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 66
I'm up in the air about it. The only real difference is that not only is there the touch sensitivity, but there's an optional wireless kit. IDK, to me, it's a touch sensitive version of the Intuos4 tablet, in Small, Medium, and Large. You just have more options when it comes to the size if you want to make it wireless. I'm debating if I should get it. For now, as long as I have my current tablet and it still works with a good USB cable, I'll hold off on it.

Logged Logged

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Attention Digital Artists: Intuos 5? 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 55
Terri- Ah yeah, that makes way more sense with the touch thing.
Pimping Cintiq... totally jealous lol

DemonQueen- Wireless would be a neat feature, but one I don't think would be necessary (for me at least) either. I'm never THAT far away from the computer screen, and even when I plug my computer into the TV I can lay back in bed and the cord still reaches. Arting at its laziest, ladies and gentlemen.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/03/02 16:34 By cakeiton.

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.