Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Greatest Fanfiction Injustices
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Greatest Fanfiction Injustices
Oneiromancer
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
Hey guys, long time lurker here (heh, like since 2003 with Single Spark )

Since I couldn't successfully hunt down a thread mentioning this, I thought I'd ask everyone else.

I was bored tonight and thought I'd check out something on my favorites list from way back when. I started re-reading Volpa's 'This Mess We're In' on ff.net. I'd forgotten how freaking good it is. Although it seems to start awkwardly in the first couple of chapters, it really picks up around chapter five. It goes on to become a very well written, witty story with engaging dialogue and awesome characterization. Alas, the last update was in 2004 halting the story at chapter twelve. Up until then, the writer had done so well that it seems such a shame; all I can do now is go to my old account, scroll waaaay down on my favorites and sigh, sadly.

As a precaution in case anyone was thinking of looking it up, I didn't link directly to it as it is a NC-17 story, so no young'uns plez. For those who enjoy them some smut, beware: you will find some smokin' hot UST and one ridiculously good lemon therein.

So, anyone familiar with that story and feel as wistful about its unfinished status as I am? Alternatively, is there another story that someone feels similarly about that they'd want to add?

I thought a thread about the unsung gems you can find amongst the loads of largely forgotten, unfinished stories might be interesting. Er, so long as everyone remembers to keep this a discussion, rather than rant (because I know this can be a potentially frustrating thing for some ).

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 11
Ah, "Just Roomies?" was one for me. Though as of recently, Mute has turned the story over to a friend of hers to continue the writing. But for the longest time, it remained unfinished and left me at the edge of my seat wanting more. Lol. Man, did I love that one!

Logged Logged
jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7
Definitely "The Breaking Point" by Striking Falcon and "Reaching For Perfection" by DaiyoukaiGeisha for me. I love both of those stories so much, and it breaks my heart to see that it doesn't look like either one will be continued.

Logged Logged

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
Oneiromancer
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
Heh, DaiyoukaiGeisha... another sigh. I loved her stuff--she made me lol

Logged Logged
Ejunkie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 3
...there's a story on ff.net that used to update about once ever year, but the update was around 10,000 words each time. Well-written, interesting, engaging character interaction and exciting fast moving plot - has gotten to 6 chapters, and hasn't been updated since July 2010.

You never know if it will actually be continued, but I always look forward to the updates regardless. ;u;

Logged Logged

jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7
hmmm, that sounds interesting. What's the title?

Logged Logged

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
Pandora
Pup
graphgraph
Ah, the story that crushed my heart once it stopped being updated was Fated Union. I used to reread it when i needed something to remind me why AU stories were worth reading. Then A Flower-sama has to go and delete her account. Now i don't even have that comfort.

To make matters worse it seems that "Thirteen to None; Oroyukae's Final" by Oroyukae might be heading in the same direction. For that one i still hold hope that it will someday get updated, even if it isn't going to have a happy ending.

It's such a shame when people stop updating, even if deep down we know they might have legit reasons. Currently my way of avoiding such dissapointment is to read only completed stories. lol.

Logged Logged

SessKagLover
I claimed Hoshiyomi\\\'s Naginata of Kenkon!!!
criticat
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 10
Choices and Consequences by Texanlady is one of my absolute favorites but hasn't updated in a while T.T.
Although the story is quite long as it is so I recommend reading it!

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1967/1

ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: Story rated, MA. No YIMs, please.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/18 12:24 By MoxyMikki.
Ejunkie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 3
@jaimesesshy

;-; It's a different fandom, Naruto, but it's an AU, and characterization developed to an extent far beyond the manga/anime that prior knowledge of the characters are unnecessary.

Gunpowder by lonegothic. Rating teen, off site link?

Logged Logged

Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 38
The Red Hunger by xanthos

It KILLS me that this story has been so negelected. Ughhh. It is sooooo beautiful o~o

Logged Logged

kori
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
Texan lady just started to write again, I was a follower of her true blood stories, the one with Eric, and Sookie the arrangement was wonderful. However last year she had a great personal tragedy, and has had to deal with getting her life back in order. I wont tell what the tragedy is, but if you want find her on live journal and she will add you and you can read on there what happened. Hopefully she gets back to writing again the way she used to, but if she can't I completely understand.

Logged Logged
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 22
Hands down one of the best writers who's work I've had the pleasure of reading was CiraArana. My favorite stories of hers were Dragon's Prey and Divine Concubine.

On a good note, both of those stories were completed before she disappeared, but the series they were in was left unfinished. There was supposed to be a total of 4 stories to complete the tale. I still find myself looking from time to time to see if she's resurfaced, but so far I've seen nothing. Truly sad

ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: Story Rated NC-17, no YIMs

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/18 19:05 By MoxyMikki.

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 156
Lady Kirara wrote:
Hands down one of the best writers who's work I've had the pleasure of reading was CiraArana. My favorite stories of hers were Dragon's Prey and Divine Concubine.

On a good note, both of those stories were completed before she disappeared, but the series they were in was left unfinished. There was supposed to be a total of 4 stories to complete the tale. I still find myself looking from time to time to see if she's resurfaced, but so far I've seen nothing. Truly sad

ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: Story Rated NC-17, no YIMs

I totally agree. I'm also bummed about The Diary, which was one of the very first SessKag fanfics I ever read, and only had few more chapters left to it until CiraArana disappeared from the SessKag fandom.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/18 19:06 By MoxyMikki.
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 66
*whistles* I can think of a certain fic (*cough* Dance, no YIMs *cough*)that I've read and re-read so many times I have mental multiple scenarios of what may happen with the characters who are still in limbo after two years and a certain author knows who she is. (*cough cough* orange muppet *cough* plunnie lobber *cough cough* bribery c0okie extraordinaire *cough cough cough*). But between modding, real life and arting, I guess there is an excuse. I can wait a little longer.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/18 19:15 By DemonQueen17.

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 52
Can't find the story offhand, but there was one IY/KG and Sesshomaru/Rin pairing Crossover story with plenty of S/K action that took place in the Belgariad universe setting, that ran to about 74 Chapters, with each Chapter being about 5K to 7.5K words long on average, took me about a week to re-read the story each time I went there, it was on AFF.net, and it was never finished. Good story too.

Logged Logged

Landare
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 18
Walter205 wrote:
Can't find the story offhand, but there was one IY/KG and Sesshomaru/Rin pairing Crossover story with plenty of S/K action that took place in the Belgariad universe setting, that ran to about 74 Chapters, with each Chapter being about 5K to 7.5K words long on average, took me about a week to re-read the story each time I went there, it was on AFF.net, and it was never finished. Good story too.

Yeah, it was a great read. Here is the MediaMiner-link (80 chapters):
The Journey to the City of Endless Night

MA-rated so no minors!

One story I REALLY would like to see finished is Laying Amongst Dokatsu by Nostawen Allesiel. More than 300 000 words long but not updated since 2009. *sigh* And it was such a good story too.

ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: Second Story Rated M, no YIMs

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/18 19:07 By MoxyMikki.
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 55
Has anyone mentioned Beside You In Time by RosieB? Rated M Cause I am heartbroken. :[ I understand RL gets in the way. This story is great to read, even if its not finished.

Logged Logged

a Mysticlady
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 4
One of my favorites that is no longer on any site, was Letters by Lavender Valentine. I don't remember what had happened to stop the story but it was really good.

Logged Logged
MidNigh
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 17
My all time fav was " Sesshomaru's Possession" It was the hottest thing I had ever read!!! can't remember the author but I can't find it anywhere!!!!!

Logged Logged

I claim Sangos Demon Cat Kirara!
Landare
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 18
Shessy wrote:
My all time fav was " Sesshomaru's Possession" It was the hottest thing I had ever read!!! can't remember the author but I can't find it anywhere!!!!!

The author is amyfushigiyugi. I think you can find the story at demonlordlover's yahoo group, here, you will need to sign in to read the contents but it's really easy to do.

Logged Logged
Oneiromancer
Pup
graphgraph
Kagome Yuki Niwa wrote:
The Red Hunger by xanthos

Gah, I remember that one--it's on my 'Ye Olde Favorites List' on ff.net as well ><

I really used to believe that if I favorited a story, it was therefore cursed to go unfinished.

Oh, and since no one has mentioned it yet--One Less Star by HardlyFatal... who must have changed her nom de plume, as I don't recall that name.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/18 22:44 By Oneiromancer.
sesshys_jaded_samuri
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 32
Gah! I can think of quite a few

All of these are MA - so no YIMs!

My Hatred, My Obsession by Kyndred
Seduction by the Book by mimikitty
The Path of Pins by girltype
The Price of Vengeance by Fate
Violation of Honor by Rinsteternalsoul
Sins of the Father by ShadowsWeaver1
Cereal Box Romance by RhiannonoftheMoon

This one is T rated:

A Gathering of Crows by SoftNoodle

I think I went overboard...I'll stop now

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
sesshys_jaded_samuri wrote:
Gah! I can think of quite a few

All of these are MA - so no YIMs!

My Hatred, My Obsession by Kyndred
Seduction by the Book by mimikitty
The Path of Pins by girltype
The Price of Vengeance by Fate
Violation of Honor by Rinsteternalsoul
Sins of the Father by ShadowsWeaver1
Cereal Box Romance by RhiannonoftheMoon

This one is T rated:

A Gathering of Crows by SoftNoodle

I think I went overboard...I'll stop now

'Violation of Honor' has been completed over on Mediaminer for a while now. I definitely enjoyed the ending. No, I'm not giving away the ending.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

sesshys_jaded_samuri
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Greatest Fanfiction Injustices 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 32
DemonQueen17 wrote:

'Violation of Honor' has been completed over on Mediaminer for a while now. I definitely enjoyed the ending. No, I'm not giving away the ending.

Actually, it is not finished...the author's not at the end of the final chapter posted clearly states that there is to be another chapter. The last time I spoke with her, she still intended to write it, but it has been so long, and I know that she was having a lot of real life issues, so I don't know if that is still the case...the last three emails I sent to her were never answered. I do hope that she is ok.

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
If that's the case, the author better get to it.

Logged Logged

Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.