Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Pups!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Pups!
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 40
Lady Sianna wrote:
I think my favorite scenario for pups came from the story A Sentinel Mother, by Demonlordlover. In that one, Kagome was specifically selected by the gods to have full blooded pups, but they did not have human forms. (If you haven't already, read the story. It's really good) The idea was so unique and I have yet to see it reproduced; and really I wouldn't want to.

Outside of that, I think my second favorite scenario for pups is hanyou pups with full demonic power who are immune to purification. I've never read a story with human offspring. As I am a soft, fluffy, happy-ending loving fangirl, I would hate for them to have human offspring. I always find a way to prolong Kagome's life in my stories so I'd happilly do the same for whatever pups she and Sesshoumaru might have.

oh yes, i loved that little quirk in Sentinel Mother. It was something I'd never heard anyone do before, so it was a nice break from all the full-blooded humanoid or hanyou munchkins running around.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 26
I think my favorite scenario for pups came from the story A Sentinel Mother, by Demonlordlover. In that one, Kagome was specifically selected by the gods to have full blooded pups, but they did not have human forms. (If you haven't already, read the story. It's really good) The idea was so unique and I have yet to see it reproduced; and really I wouldn't want to.

Outside of that, I think my second favorite scenario for pups is hanyou pups with full demonic power who are immune to purification. I've never read a story with human offspring. As I am a soft, fluffy, happy-ending loving fangirl, I would hate for them to have human offspring. I always find a way to prolong Kagome's life in my stories so I'd happilly do the same for whatever pups she and Sesshoumaru might have.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/16 15:33 By Lady Sianna. Reason: Was distracted by dancing naked men.

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 696975
I haven't figured out my position on pups. Mostly I've gone with hanyou. I think I've only written two pieces that had pups in it.

The first one had a hanyou son. I think I killed him (For Her), I can't remember. I'll have to look it up lol. In that one I gave Kagome Sess's life span. In others she just has that of a human.

The other one that I had a child in was Table for Three and the child was sickly, the blood reacting against each other. After all, we have powerful demon and a miko. So the two sides in the blood spent her life fighting against each other, causing the child pain. It was an interesting concept that Snowfall brought up and intrigued me.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 40
Miss Kagura wrote:
I usually go with whatever the author has chosen, but in my own stories, I think I only gave them a kid in one, and it was a hanyou. I think I prefer hanyou outcomes, because that weird and taboo mixing of their species is part of what makes the miko/demon thing so interesting.

yes, i do agree with that. I find it irritating sometimes were the child ends up magically full-blooded youkai without any sort of decent explanation at all. o.o

Logged Logged

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 9
Hmm... that's a tough one. It all depends on the story and how the authors portrays it really....although would I be considered wierd if I was the only one that perfered full breed pups with Kagome's miko powers (because my OC's are like that lol)

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 216
I think for me it depends on the story.

Honestly i dont like the idea that Sess and Kags are nearly immortal/and mortal. I hate that he could find such a love only to have time steal her.

Ive seen stories where she has full bloods, hanyou, even full humans, as wella s not being able to have any at all.

Honestly it just depends on the story, but mostly i think i favor fullbloods, b/c even if kagome dies, what would it be like to see your children die as well simply b/c you are immortal and they are only hanyou. No matter how long inuyasha lives, it will be something akin to half of what Sesshomaru will live. And thusly hanyou pups from Kagome would more then likely be the same. I'd hate to think what it would be like for Sess to see his mortal wife die in only 50 years or so, as well as his hanyou pups some hundred years or more in the future. I think he'd be a dark and broken demon at that point.

So i favor full.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 27
Don't mind this - My reply send twice and there's no delete button to get rid of this extra post

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/16 05:50 By angelic memories.

Wynter89
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
For me it depends on the author. They have to convince me of whats going on and how it will turn out. Authors use the freedom to create possibilties!

Some examples!

In sesshou_lover's "Broken Promises" Kagome has a genetic mutation or disease that not only allows her to have full blooded Youkai but to go into heat as well.

In KogasAngel's "Close Encounters Of The Fluffy Kind" Kagome's power makes her a victim to the blood moons power (induces heat) and has the ability to produce youkai children.

"Baby Blues" I think the name is, unfortunatly I cant remember the authors name. Is where Tainted(cursed) jewel shards are inside of Kagomes body, by the touch of Sesshomaru's hand she becomes pregnant. I think they produced hanyou children...

I cant remember the title nor the name of the author of the story. Its where Sesshomaru and Kagome could not have offspring due to their polar opposite powers. Sesshomaru's seed was poision to Kagome and damaged her health.

So convince me and you've got yourself one pup of a reader... *looks at last sentence, crunches it up and throws it away.*

Logged Logged
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 27
I don't have a preferance. I have written it multiple ways (or have plans to for when certain stories reach that part). Hanyou, full youkai, and miko youkai, actually I don't think I have a full blooded human version...

I can see pups being any outcome and so long as it fits the story and makes sense I really don't mind which way an author writes the outcome of a pup

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/16 05:49 By angelic memories.

Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 51
I usually go with whatever the author has chosen, but in my own stories, I think I only gave them a kid in one, and it was a hanyou. I think I prefer hanyou outcomes, because that weird and taboo mixing of their species is part of what makes the miko/demon thing so interesting.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 40
There's always been alot of controversy about the offspring of out beloved taiyoukai and miko.

I've seen stories that make the pup(s) full youkai, despite kagome's human blood and miko powers.

There are hanyou outcomes, but there are also full-blooded human outcomes.

What is your take on this?

Personally, I don't know which one I prefer. It would depend on the story and how the author is able to efficiently present it. If it sounds convincing and possible, then I'll go with whichever.

Logged Logged

Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 34
never thought about this much... i don't think that it bothers me unless it is like completely out of context with how the story is going, but anyway as far as i care as long as they look like Sesshomaru, any pup is a good one, human hanyou or youkai or any combination of the above. *nods head for emphasis*

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
Kame Hime
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
A Sentinel Mother was an amazing story! That birthing scenario and the whole idea was so original..

I've never read a story involving Sess and Kags where she's pregnant with a full human baby, but I think the outcome really depends on the author and how they sell their idea. I like the full demon idea, but I usually find it hard to believe, so I guess that makes my favorite offspring a hanyou. It always makes the most sense, and the whole "Sesshoumaru accepting a hanyou offspring" concept is just so heart-warming.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 156
I've only done one story (so far) where I've kept Sess as a demon and had him have offspring with Kagome.

Oddly enough, their pups were both full-blooded and hanyou. In that story Kagome had the completed Shikon no tama inside of her, which allowed their first-born and heir become a full youkai, but later on they did have hanyou-twins. ^^

I'll go with any version as well, as long as the choice is justified and makes sense in the frame of the story in question.

Logged Logged
Kira Cross
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 9
hm i don't mind the hanyou because it shows that Sesshomaru doesn't hate hanyous (just inuyasha) and full youkai i don't mind either it is the full human that i mind, i don't know but Sesshomaru doesn't disserve to out live his pups

but in my story i have yet to work around it but i do belive that the pups will be full youkai.

Logged Logged
Ari
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
I really just go with whatever flow the author has chosen but must confess a love for the full-blooded demon turnout and the miko youkai because I can't resist the cuteness of a mini sesshoumaru with it's own little mokomoko ^_^

Logged Logged

I could not love thee, Dear, so much,
Loved I not honour more.

To Lucasta, On Going to the Wars
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 66
This is a bit tricky. I say this because their pups could come out either way, be it hanyou, youkai or the minute possibility human. They could be human but be able to retain their father's lifespan with their mother's powers. They could be hanyou with their mother's powers. Or, they could be completely youkai with either parent's coloring. Another possibility is that they come out human at first and by the time their puberty hits, they become youkai. I guess they come out according to what the author has in mind when writing.

I personally haven't written a story where they have any pups yet. I don't let them get to that point. ^_^

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 58
The mix factor never bothers me in fics, it's usually how quickly Kagome jumps to referring to her unborn child as a pup. I don't care what species the father is, it is just so ingrained into humans that we have babies that that would be what she would naturally refer to her own as. Not to mention baby is a generic term that's cross-species in both connotation and denotation. If youkai like to refer to their children by specific species, that's one thing, but to a human, they're all just babies. A pup would have four paws, a snout, a tail, floppy ears and fur.

And that is Inali's Fandom Pet Peeve of the Day.

Logged Logged

I like researching stuffs...
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Pups! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 40
inali wrote:
The mix factor never bothers me in fics, it's usually how quickly Kagome jumps to referring to her unborn child as a pup. I don't care what species the father is, it is just so ingrained into humans that we have babies that that would be what she would naturally refer to her own as. Not to mention baby is a generic term that's cross-species in both connotation and denotation. If youkai like to refer to their children by specific species, that's one thing, but to a human, they're all just babies. A pup would have four paws, a snout, a tail, floppy ears and fur.

And that is Inali's Fandom Pet Peeve of the Day.

i agree. i don't really like it when she refers to her child as a pup. its more something that i see sesshoumaru call him/her, but i've always thought that kagome would always stick with "baby".

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.