Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Reading your own incomplete stories....
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Reading your own incomplete stories....
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Reading your own incomplete stories.... 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 76
So I spend a lot of time reading on my breaks and just starting reading some of my incomplete stories and if it don't but the help out of me that I haven't finished them. I get reinvested in the story and then I'm left on a cliffhanger. Does anyone else have that same issue?

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Reading your own incomplete stories.... 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 171
I reread my incomplete stories as well. Depending on what notes I have for it I can put out one or two chapters, and then I’m like I have no idea where this story is going. Either because I didn’t imagine it that far or I didn’t take notes on what I did imagine and forgot it all.

Or it’s the case of getting stuck and not knowing how to write the scene or dialogue you want. Just recently I started working again on a oneshot that I started in 2017. It had a lot of flirting in it, and I was like I’m not a flirt I don’t know how to write flirting, so it sat for all that time and just a few days ago I started reading the chapters I have for a story I haven’t posted yet. There was a little flirting in it, and suddenly inspiration hit. Now the oneshot is almost done. I have no idea if it’s going to be any good, but I think it reads okay.

Logged Logged
Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reading your own incomplete stories.... 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 41
I tend to reread my incomplete stories before writing any new chapter. I have a tendency to forget what was written previously and can mistakenly contradict what has already occurred in the story. As Serena530 said, I can also find myself stuck because I am uncertain of how to write something or because I suddenly have a new idea for the story and it forces everything in my notes to shift around. I currently have a story over on dA I've been writing for a different fandom and it's been sitting untouched because I don't know how to apply the proper conflict. I know where I want to go with it, I just don't know how to properly apply the middle. Sometimes, though, just reading other stories or watching episodes of the series can help strike up inspiration.

Logged Logged
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Reading your own incomplete stories.... 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 171
Oh yeah I do that too. Reread through the chapters before I post a new one; especially when I’m working on the new chapter. I always try to make sure I have my facts in mind so I don’t write something that contradicts what I already wrote. Just the other day I was reading over one of my stories for another fandom, Harry Potter actually, since my muse finally allowed me to get to work on the new chapter and I found that I wrote a scene for Halloween in the story but in the previous chapter I had the time of year being in November; obviously after Halloween.

I was like omg! how come nobody else spotted that in all these years, because it was in chapters 2 and 3 I believe and the story is now at chapter 8. Mind you I started the story in 2011. I decided right then to edit the chapters before I post the new chapter I’m finally working on.

Anyway, I also understand about needing the watch an episode or movie to possibly get inspiration. In my case for my incomplete Egyptian Embodiment story on here I needed to watch one of the Inuyasha movies because I needed the sequence of events before I could continue with the next chapter. All I had to do was watch the movie, but I was so lazy and just wasn’t in a mood to watch it. And it had to be watched because summaries online weren’t giving me what I needed. I finally got around to watching it recently, after a few years since my last update to the story, and can finally get down to work on the chapter since I made sure to note the sequence of events I needed to know.

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Reading your own incomplete stories.... 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 76
I still have the 80% complete outline for the particular story. It's more of a lack of time and drive to write. I have lots of ideas scribbled down. It just takes a lot to really get me writing.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Siera Serenity Star
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Reading your own incomplete stories.... 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 64
Definitely, I'm constantly re-reading my unfinished ficts. Especially when i'm at a writer's block with them. As I continuously re-read them I hope to get new ideas in my head to start working on them again. Most of the time though it just puts ideas for new ficts in my head and I end up with multiply started ficts.

Logged Logged
SesshysDA
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Reading your own incomplete stories.... 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Definitely just did this. Reread my story as I was cleaning my notebooks and now I want to try and finish. I’m hoping to find a new beta because my outline was even incomplete and I don’t remember where I wanted this to go.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.