Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re: I was just wondering!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re: I was just wondering!!
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re: I was just wondering!! 9 Years ago Karma: 38
I always lived by the rule that there are "fixed points" (per Doctor Who!). Kagome will always on her 15th birthday fall into the past. She will have the Shikon ripped out of her. She will always break the jewel and find the shards.

So by this logic:

Kagome stays in the Sengoku period and dies. Years later she will be born with the Shikon because 50 years prior to her falling in the past Kikyo was burned with it. She will get pulled down the well, break the jewel, fight and kill Naraku, stay in the past and die. She will be reborn again in the future and continue to the loop. I see no reason for her to remember any of it - she didn't remember her life as Kikyo after all.

The only way this would change is IF she stopped the jewel from burning with Kikyo. If time travel were real then it would always be a loop.

If I decided to pop back into 2010 and on the day I graduated, I would be getting ready in the morning, eating bfast with the family, etc. If I decided to pop back on the day again, the same thing would be happening, unless I jumped back further and told my younger self to drop out of school.

I don't see the timeline changing because the jewel will always burn with Kikyo.

Is Kagome her own ancestor? I don't think so because then she would have a very, very diluted demon blood in her unless it was completely bred out of the family. I like to think that one of the other shard hunters took the name Higurashi or maybe it's completely unrelated and her ancestor is wandering the past without her knowing him.

BAM. There is my addition~ >

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re: I was just wondering!! 9 Years ago Karma: 37
At the end of the final act Kagome went back to be with Inuyasha. Is it fair to assume then that she lived and died in the past since by all accounts she was mortal? But what really got me thinking is that if she died in the past which was not her time. Wouldn't she be caught up in an endless loop whereby she would be born again in the future, have no knowledge of the past, get dragged back down the well again and so the cycle continues.

Or, after the events in the past were fixed and she decided to live out her life there with Inuyasha, when she was born in her own time in the future would she forget it all, living a life oblivious of her past. This time around would she live a normal life without the events in the Sengoku' Jidias's period ever occurring? I know that it might sound a bit confusing, but time travel is a very obscure possibility that I have trouble figuring out. Any thoughts on the matter!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/03/24 19:26 By moonlight silk.
Siera Serenity Star
Whelp
graphgraph
Re: I was just wondering!! 9 Years ago Karma: 64
Valid point I didn't even consider that until I read your notice, I'm just as curious, if the events would continue to reoccur or if the timeline would change. Lol that could make a good fanfict idea for someone.

Logged Logged
Kahdejus
Pup
graphgraph
Re: I was just wondering!! 9 Years ago Karma: 15
That is a good point. But would that also mean she started the Higurashi shrine? Is Kagome here own ancestor?

Logged Logged
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re: I was just wondering!! 9 Years ago Karma: 37
So KD what you are saying in a nutshell, or, the way I understand your view:lol! Is that each time that Kagome goes to the past and then was born in her own time in the future, the action would create a space/rip and thus create an alternate universe as long as the original timeline and events remained the same. That is some amazing prospects because that would mean Kagome and the others would exist in multiple universe. Thanks for shedding some more ligt on the topic.

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re: I was just wondering!! 9 Years ago Karma: 76
I have a different view of time travel. Go with me on this.

Assume you are thrown out of your place in time for whatever reason. The act itself of moving outside of time would leave you on a permanent tangent or in other words leave you separate from the flow (hence Kagome's Immunity to time from the movie). Leaving that aside, even if she died in the past she would still be born and pulled down the well again because at that point in time she wouldn't have been removed from her place in time yet and therefore still affected by its natural flow and currents. This is all correct unless her existence in the past, and her separation from the flow of time, allowed her to alter the events enough to create an alternate timeline.

While the original timeline would still occur it would be something along the lines of a different dimension because the events of the original future couldn't change or it would cause a paradox (because the original wasn't immune to time).

I read to much.... I have a book called "A Brief Theory of Time Travel" from years and years and years ago.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re: I was just wondering!! 9 Years ago Karma: 76
This all goes much deeper, the Theory of the Multiverse and quantum mechanics but yeah that's the basic concept.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re: I was just wondering!! 9 Years ago Karma: 38
Real fast, back on this.

I actually forgot about this fic until it was updated BUT its a really interesting take on what happened to Kagome if she stayed in the past.

Mind you - it's a Shippo x Kagome pairing (rated T) but it's pretty in depth. In short, Kagome stayed in the past and created and alternate timeline - when she was born, the jewel wasn't in her and she lived out her life in the present, never falling down the well, never having adventures and present time Shippo found her.

It's a good read and I definitely recommend it! Oedipus Fox by Kitty Gets Loose

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/04/10 16:06 By Kagome Yuki Niwa.

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.