Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
ATTENTION ARTISTS!!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: ATTENTION ARTISTS!!!
Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
ATTENTION ARTISTS!!! 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 16
Hello my loverlies!!!

Today, I got a nice e-mail from dickblick.com, informing me of a 70% off Strathmore Paper sale.

At first I was like "Oh... Strathmore is expensive, 70% off won't make the paper cheaper than what I pay for an off brand anyway"

I was grossly ignorant.

www.dickblick.com/products/strathmore-sketch-paper/

Head over there. The Spiral Bound 100 sheet Sketchbook is one of my ALL TIME FAVES, but I never buy this brand because it runs into the eight dollar range at art stores. It is normally 6.29 on dickblick, but RIGHT NOW, you can get them for $1.88 (you'll need to add shipping and tax though)

I purchased 10 sketchbooks for a total of 18.80, and after shipping and tax it was 27.88. If we divide that up, it comes out to about 2.79 per sketchbook, and the cheapest I have found this kind of sketchbook off brand is 3.49. TEACHERS! Use your discounts! And keep the receipts (students and teachers alike) because this falls under school supplies and is a total write off for taxes.

If you have the means, and are looking to stock up for the fall school season, now is the time to do it. They will continue the sale until they are sold out, and it isn't just sketchbooks. Look through ALL their paper. Vellum, bristol board, tracing, etc. It is all discounted.

And nobody smack me for posting like this... its a really good deal. I wanted to share. ;_; DUN HATE MEH!

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:ATTENTION ARTISTS!!! 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 216

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/06/29 18:56 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:ATTENTION ARTISTS!!! 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 39
OMG, you rock for sharing this, Terri!

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:ATTENTION ARTISTS!!! 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 23
Thanks for sharing~ I was going to get it then I noticed Shipping would have taken all the money I had left on my card. How long does this savings last till?

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:ATTENTION ARTISTS!!! 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 216
AmaViarra wrote:
Thanks for sharing~ I was going to get it then I noticed Shipping would have taken all the money I had left on my card. How long does this savings last till?Its clearance, so it last til they run out. i was reading about it, it's all stuff that is discontinued. So the company is changing the look, count or paper itself, no longer selling that exact product. I would advise to keep an eye on it every other day or so if you cant buy now. artist are known to stock up on good deals. i know i do, obvious totpants does! ^_^ and again thank you for sharing this! I'm kinda mad though i get the dickblick emails too, and i didn't get this one :[

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/06/29 19:09 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:ATTENTION ARTISTS!!! 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 16
Mebby I ish speshal?

I also follow their facebook and they announced it there as well.

If they are replacing merchandise, it might be a good idea to watch chain stores (walmart, target, meijer, whatever) if they carry them. They may get marked down along the lines there. For now, they have made it clear this sale is online only.

Logged Logged

MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:ATTENTION ARTISTS!!! 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 42
Thanks so much for posting this! I signed up for their e-mails now too. I just bought one of these exact sketchbooks for the crazy price at the art store @.@ so expensive I've been afraid to use the paper in case I mess up on it xD

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.