Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Emotional Stories
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom Favoured: 2
TOPIC: Emotional Stories
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 17
So, right now I'm kind of searching for stories that can really pull an emotional response out of the reader. Ones that'll make you cry, one's that'll make you scare, ones that will keep you hanging on because you're so emotionally invested in the characters. That may seem a little vague, but that's really my best descriptor for what I'm looking for. It doesn't matter whether or not it has a happy ending (personally, I like it when they don't but that isn't a requirement), the rating is inconsequential to me, the genre nothing but dust in the wind. All I'm looking for are stories that can make you weep, make you ball, make you smile silly, make you sigh in contentment, make you heart pound in your ears, and/or make the hairs on the back of you neck stand up.

I'm gonna get a one out of the way right here and now, I've read Tales from the House of the Moon. Besides that, really anything is fair game. I haven't read a ton of stories.

My only request is that recommended stories are either a) complete or b) regularly updated. I know there are some really great stories out there that look like they'll never be completed but I don't want get emotionally invested in something that is guaranteed or almost completely guaranteed to never have a conclusion.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 55
Stardust by ladybattousai
This story has just always stuck with me. EDIT BY WICCAN: This story is rated M, no YIMs!

Dancing with Scissors by piratequeen0405 RATED MA
Cute story and amazing 'soundtrack'.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/11/12 09:59 By wiccanmethuselah.

kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 109
Dancing with Scissors by piratequeen0405 RATED MA
Cute story and amazing 'soundtrack'.

That's one of my favorites!
Try "Temporal Sequence" as well. Temporal Sequence

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story is rated M on ff.net, but would be considered MA here, no YIMs!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/11/12 10:00 By wiccanmethuselah.
Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 11
Hmm...

Well in all honesty, I haven't been reading in this fandom lately, so the only emotional story I can think of (sadly) is mine, Post Tenebras: Lux. I won't link it here (mostly 'cause you already know about it, but also because it is rated MA and not visible to anonymous readers for good reason), but if you'd be interested in reading outside of the Inuyasha fandom, shoot me a PM and I can give you a few recommendations.

I'll come back and edit this post if I can think of anything (I'll go through my favorite's list and see what's there)!

~Aubrey

Logged Logged

\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don\'t matter and those that matter don\'t mind.\" - Dr. Seuss

~Aubrey Simone~
Avalei
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Atonement by Miss Kagura. This one made me cry.

EDIT BY WICCAN: This story is rated MA, no YIMs!!

Sorry Wiccan I forgot.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/11/12 23:59 By Avalei.
QuothTheDragon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
Well, I'll just shamelessly self-promote Purple Silk then lol. I cried as I wrote the end

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 78
Here are the four most emotional Sess/Kag stories I have ever read (some are unfinished, all are on A Single Spark, and I bet all of them are rated for Mature Readers Only)

Broken by Aly
Unworthy One by Vyncent
A Heart's Strangled Cry by Miss Artemis
Love After Loss by MissTeak

These are guaranteed to make you cry!

EDIT BY WICCAN: Yes, all of these would be rated MA on Dokuga, no YIMs!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/11/13 08:45 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Because... ratings.
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 95
I think this is one of the saddest fics I've ever read.

Broken Promises Oroyukae
She had believed all he had said , whispered at the most intimate of moments in their life together. No, he hadn't lied to her, he couldn't do that . He just repeatedly made promise after promise that he found hard to keep. [ FIN ]
Rating: MA

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
tenchi no mai
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 60
Whenever I want an emotional story, I go to this one:

dokuga.com/spark/story/2210/1

Flowers On The Moon by Trouble In Shangri-La

It seemed impossible that a flower could survive there, but somehow this one did.

Rating: R - Universe: Alternate - Status: Complete - Genre: Angst/Drama

Updated: 03-18-05 - Chapters: 1 - Words 18,554

Just make sure you have a box of tissues handy.

This would probably be rated MA here on Dokuga.

Logged Logged

Save the Earth...it\\\'s the only planet with chocolate! (Seen on a bumpersticker)
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
tenchi no mai wrote:

This would probably be rated MA here on Dokuga.

THANK YOU TENCHI!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Fye
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 24
Here's one that made me tear up a bit: Keeping Faith by Caleesci.
And one that's hilarious: Frivolous Sentimentalities by Tally Mark.

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 76
I don't really read them, but I was told that my story "His Will" Rated MA made a couple people cry.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Emotional Stories 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 62
Title: Blood Stained
Author: Madison
Rating: MA (NO YIMS!)

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2964/1

Be warned: This fanfiction contains graphic rape and it is a real tearjerker. This one made me cry so much. If you stick with it, you won't be disappointed. The rapes are clearly marked.

A sudden loss of control intertwined their fates. It dragged her through hell and he couldn't have cared less. She tried to escape her fears but the only way to do it was to face him through time and love.

Title: The Battle of Heart and Land
Author: MissKatt

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/6403/1

Six years after Naraku's defeat, the Eastern lands have declared war on the West. Sesshoumaru's mother learns of the their numbers and, concerned, requests the help of Inuyasha and the gang. However, not all is right with Kagome and Inuyasha. (2011 4th Q. 1st pl. Best Action/Adventure&1st pl. Best Romance! 2012 1st Q. 1st pl. Best Dark/Horror! 2012 2nd Q. 1st pl. Best Drama! 2013 1st Bi-Annual. 2nd pl Best Angst!)

Title: In Death, Trust Me, as You Didn't in Life
Author: Kanna37
Rating: MA (NO YIMS)

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2787/1

Two people, separated by death, then reunited by the same, find that the old saying 'Death is only the Beginning', is true. A love story told across the boundaries of death and time - and one that conquered both. Dedicated to TruGemini - Happy Birthday, love! Winner of 13 awards including 1st Place Best Act/Adv, 2nd Place Best Kagome Portrayal 3rd Quarter 2010, 1st Best Romance 1st Quarter 2011, and 2nd Best Action/Adventure IYFG for 2nd Quarter 2011.

Title: The Breeder
Author: Texanlady
Rating: MA (NO YIMS) (This fic contains graphic rape and abuse, but the chapters are marked.)

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2504/1

There is more to Kagome than anyone could ever imagine. After learning of her destiny Sesshoumaru swears to make her his at any cost. Once forced to his side can Kagome teach him to love or learn to love him?

Title: Choices and Consequences
Author: Texanlady

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1967/1

Inuyasha makes a mistake that costs him everything. In the wake of his betrayal the Kamis are forced to take drastic measures to ensure Kagome meets her destiny. They appoint Sesshoumaru her guardian and together the Youkai Lord and Miko find a love that transcends time itself.

Title: Accidentally Funny
Author: Kanna37

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/3713/1 - (This story was so hilarious I could not stop laughing and had tears in my eyes from laughing so much.)

Sesshoumaru has joined up with the tachi - but Kagome really isn't prepared for the daiyoukai's twisted sense of humor. Who knew he even had one? Interrelated one-shots that will have no set updating schedule. Best Humor, Third Place, Second Quarter, Best Drabble, Second Place for Chapter one, Second Quarter. 1st Best Romance Other at the FA 1st Quarter 2011. 1st Best Humor/Parody Dokuga 1st Quarter 2011.

Title: Post Tenebras: Lux
Author: Aubrey Simone

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/8893/1

There are those who get what they want and those who get what they deserve, and in getting what he wants, Naraku unwittingly ensures that he'll get what he deserves. Kagome is going to be sure of that. A Dark!Kagome fic.

Genre(s): Romance / Action / Angst / Hentai / Drama | Type: Continuation
Latest Revision: October 08, 2008 13:42 EDT
Author: Rinseternalsoul Rinseternalsoul RSS Feed
Pages: 134 | Words: 373497 | Size: 2005 KB | Visits: 120890
Summary:
Rating: T (This fic is rated T, but it reads like an MA fic) Safe side: NO YIMS! This fic contains semi-graphic rape. (Prepare the tissues for this will make you cry.)

Canon: Sesshomaru faces a vindictive female youkai that holds a weapon that controls the mind, and he becomes her slave to all things carnal. Used and broken, can a miko's gentle touch save him? Sess/Kagome Very Hentai

www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_ch.php/132945/457367#fic_c

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/11/28 22:11 By silentsoliloquy82.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.