Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Rec for Fics that you think are underated
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom Favoured: 2
TOPIC: Rec for Fics that you think are underated
DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Rec for Fics that you think are underated 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 12
I'm in need of anything romantic, angsty, adventurous, anything... from oneshots to chapters stories (no drabbles please). For the past few years I have thoroughly scoured the first 15 pages or so of the ffnet, dokuga and spark archives, with the filter focusing on most reviewed stories first (I'm sorry if the method offends anyone.)

And I need new stories recommendation!

Please tell me stories that you think are underated, stories which readers know little about, aka stories with not-as-many favs and few reviews and that you think they deserve much more attention/hits! Something that make you think that "Hmm... there's probably
a lot of readers missing out on this one"

Thank you!!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/10/18 01:20 By DN Silence.

Spyair Forever! MAKOHARU is my OTP! GINTAMA FOR LIFE!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
dancingfingers
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Rec for Fics that you think are underated 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 33
Uh.. I must admit that I browse through the most favorite/most viewed first, and when I come to the last pages (less review, less favs, less view) I'll stop reading

So, I'm going to wait for someone to reply, too, LOL.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Rec for Fics that you think are underated 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 57
I'm actually surprised no one has made any recs so far. You might have better luck following the Dokuga Reviewers Guild group threads. They tend to review fics that aren't widely known or just very new.

I haven't read anything that I thought was under-rated that was worth a recommendation.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Rec for Fics that you think are underated 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Try these...A few stories from that last time DRG was up and running. Since we were only reading/reviewing stories with no reviews, they are as underrated as you can get and are amazing stories.

Til the Stars Fall from the Sky by Ariana Rated K
Our Subway Time by Smittee Rated K
Train of Eternity by Marcairn Rated K

Also if you wanted to check out our group, Dokuga Reviewers Guild, we keep our past assignments listed and just started again, so you have over 200 stories to look through to find some underrated stories.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/10/22 14:23 By Hairann.

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Nicole
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Rec for Fics that you think are underated 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 154
After reading this post, I went and started browsing (after sorting by reviews) in the Dokuga fanfic site. I read a lot, so I would definitely encourage going past page 15; there are a lot of longer oneshots and chapter stories that were published all at once, so they tend to get fewer reviews, but are excellent stories (at least, I enjoyed them).

I have a couple of recommendations for now:
1. Lisa's stories. She's a wonderful writer who has caught me out with some unique plot twists. Everything of hers is rated MA, so no YIMs.
2. Her Eyes is one that I found by sorting via publication date and complete on ff.n. It is an amazing story and she manages to weave together the past and the future with elegance. I also really admire how she writes
Sesshomaru. This one is definitely also MA.

Logged Logged
Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Rec for Fics that you think are underated 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 95
I recommend:

The Gladiator by Liv

Born into royalty as a young child, Sesshomaru’s territory comes under attack, his entire family and people slaughtered, leaving him the sole survivor of the Western lands. Sold into slavery, Sesshomaru grows up to become a gladiator, strong and unfeeling…until he laid eyes on her. The daughter of one of the city’s leaders, Kagome is beautiful, kind and full of light, but when she catches the eye of a ruthless politician Naraku, the one responsible for the murder of Sesshomaru’s family, can she be saved by the handsome gladiator whose golden eyes pierce through her soul and whom her heart yearns for? Inspired by the movie Pompeii. Rated MA for graphic violence and other adult-themes.

It is only 4 chapters in....but it is so good you won't regret reading it!
I think this story should have a lot more reviews!

Logged Logged

Allyonora
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Rec for Fics that you think are underated 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
So, I was going through my bookmarks recently, re-reading some of my old favs on Sess/Kag universe....

There's a nice one:

Kagome! Where are you?!, by jeffs. (rated X-Adult, so no minors!)

It's kinda a crossover, Sess and Kags get trown into various different worlds (Aliens vs Predator, Star Wars, LOTR, etc.)... It's not the most amanzingly well told fic, there's some problems here and there... But the plot and character development make up for it. Worth a check!

Logged Logged
Alina
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Rec for Fics that you think are underated 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
I love fanfic "Water and fire" by Yashodoa on ff.net. It rated M so no underage readers. Story is about Kagome losing her memory. She becomes geisha.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/01/04 00:21 By Dginevra.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Rec for Fics that you think are underated 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 76
His Will by Knight of Disorder (self promotion I know) Rated MA

It got a lot of reviews on just how tearful and romantic is was, so I think it might be right down your alley.

EDIT BY WICCAN: Link, for anyone who wants/needs it: http://www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/7340/1

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/01/04 15:26 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: insert link

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Rec for Fics that you think are underated 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 78
Here are some oldies I recently jotted down from ff.net. I know some of them are posted here, as well. I'm pretty sure all of them would be for mature readers only. I think it's kind of sad that, the way we tend to read fanfiction, readers who are newer to a fandom sometimes never read some of the great, old stories: Unexpected Circumstances by ILovePrettySilverHair, Madman by Rin's Eternal Soul, Love After Loss by MissTeak, Cereal Box Romance by Rhianon of the Moon, Cultural Differences by ML Monty. Also, I'm trying to work up to adding to my seemingly abandoned, but truly not, story, Double Vision by knifethrower. Though I feel funny throwing that in after mentioning some of the truly great stories.

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Rec for Fics that you think are underated 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 78
Alina, great recommendation. Strangely, out of all the fics, that was the story that came to my mind, as well. What an awesome story. Anyone who has not read this, or has not read it in a while, don't miss out. A truly unique, creative and epic fanfiction classic.

Logged Logged
FaerieDearest
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Rec for Fics that you think are underated 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 152
I found this storie by accident, and I think it fits this category.

Mirrored Pasts by Priestess Skye (Rated T on fanfiction.net, but probably MA here.)

"Two past lovers, two present enemies. What happens when fate plays a role in their adventures? Kagome and Sesshoumaru become possessed by the souls of two past lovers who are determined to have a second chance."
www.fanfiction.net/s/3243172/1/Mirrored-Pasts

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.