Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Victorian era Challenge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 5
TOPIC: Victorian era Challenge
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Victorian era Challenge 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
I always loved a good romance of the Victorian era. So, I thought to myself 'Why not try a challenge'. Just thought for once this might be something fun for writers who are interested in taking this challenge, and for some fan lovers of the time period Victorian Era.

Following Rules

Theme: Victorian Era.
What about Genre?: You may choose any other genre you wish. Romance, drama, thriller, hurt/comfort ect.
What the time period: 1870 between 1880. Somewhere in that time period.
As for rating: You may choose any rating you want.

What about Plot?: You can choose whatever plot you wish to create. Arranged Marriage, Mail order bride (something I later came across in one of the Victorian era romance books), Run away bride, Blackmail, and Scandals ect.

Something like maybe for exp. This is one of the books I was reading from the summery plot.

One of her relatives put her up as a prize in a high stakes card game, and now the gentleman who won is ready to claim her! But she has other plans. She just needs the dastardly rogue to go along with it . . .

He has has no use for blushing virgins. Yet there's no denying the attraction for the beauty standing before him, proposing an enticing wager: He will use all his charm and wit to seduce her into his bed . . . and she only has to resist. If she succeeds, she wins enough funds to secure her own future. If he wins . . . she'll be his.

What about Characters?: Have to be all Canons. But you may choose any other different characters based from one of your favorites from an anime series/manga. (Meaning, other characters that are not part of Inuyasha universe)

Anything else?: Lemon is allowed. Steamy, hot, and passionate of course but nothing too dirty.

Is there a due date?: No, there is none. A lot of people can be very busy but if you are interested in doing this challenge please do post and set a due date for yourself of when you might be finish the challenge project.

If you don't know the time period or what clothes they wore back then, here are some links that are helpful. Also, here are some links for inuyasha Canon characters which I thought that it might be helpful too. If, you wish to choose any of the other Canon characters for part of your fanfic.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/07/17 04:17 By Inu-demoness.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 24
Oh no... D=

Coincidentally, about a week ago, I had been contemplating a Victorian era fanfiction since I absolutely love the Victorian era. After much thought, I decided, with quite a bit of difficulty, to not pursue the idea because I have too many incomplete fanfics as it is... but, here you are, making me want to write it again!

If I can't quell my urge to write it, I just might do it. >___>;;

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/08/22 00:49 By Aurora Antheia Raine.

Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
Aurora Antheia Raine wrote:
Oh no... D=

Coincidentally, about a week ago, I had been contemplating a Victorian era fanfiction since I absolutely love the Victorian era. After much thought, I decided, with quite a bit of difficulty, to not pursue the idea because I have too many incomplete fanfics as it is... but, here you are, making me want to write it again!

If I can't quell my urge to write it, I just might do it. >___>;;

Yay! a first post you have made my day. It up t you weather you want to ahead and try this challenge I understand of having incomplete fanfic and having to decide in doing a fanfic. It happens to everyone.

Logged Logged
BlueHeavensAngel
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 7
Oooooh. This sounds like an interesting challenge. I'm not much of a writer though. If I write stuff it's usually short or unfinished.

This idea makes me want to do a victorian style drawing though. I just love the outfits. Great links by the way. I love them! These will be great references. Thanks. ^_^

Logged Logged

Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
BlueHeavensAngel wrote:
Oooooh. This sounds like an interesting challenge. I'm not much of a writer though. If I write stuff it's usually short or unfinished.

This idea makes me want to do a victorian style drawing though. I just love the outfits. Great links by the way. I love them! These will be great references. Thanks. ^_^

Just thought it would helpful.

Logged Logged
BlueHeavensAngel
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 7
It is super helpful.

Logged Logged

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 24
Haha. I think I have no choice but to do it. My mind won't give it a rest. xD It hasn't stopped spinning up plotlines and dialogues after I read about this challenge. LOL.

But I'm going to make it a short chapter story, if that's possible for me. lol.

More details to come when I come up with them. =]

Logged Logged

Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Aurora Antheia Raine wrote:
Haha. I think I have no choice but to do it. My mind won't give it a rest. xD It hasn't stopped spinning up plotlines and dialogues after I read about this challenge. LOL.

But I'm going to make it a short chapter story, if that's possible for me. lol.

More details to come when I come up with them. =]

I wish you luck and hope to see other challengers who might give this a try.

Logged Logged
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
BlueHeavensAngel wrote:

Actually, I did a fanart challenge of that too. Since, I don't think there some Victorian Era fanart pictures out there.

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 29
I plan on doing this, I just haven't the time at the moment to knock one out. (I'm kinda particular about the projects I take on because I'm easily embarrassed when I produce substandard work )

I didn't see a deadline, but I may have missed it. If there is one, when might it be, so that I can plan?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/09/11 00:44 By MoxyMikki.
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
MoxyMikki wrote:
I plan on doing this, I just haven't the time at the moment to knock one out. (I'm kinda particular about the projects I take on because I'm easily embarrassed when I produce substandard work )

I didn't see a deadline, but I may have missed it. If there is one, when might it be, so that I can plan?

There is no deadline. Take all the time you need, just say when you might be able to do the challenge of Month and date. if you have a busy schedule which is understanding.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 216
banner:

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
House_Of_Eternal_Moon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 6
The wheels in my head are turning. I love things dealing with that era. Its my favorite next to the Greeks and Romans. I'll definitely be posting soon.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kanna\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Mirror in the Claim Game ****Image under rework****
Riku Ryuu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 19
Do you mind if we change some facts about the era? I want to put Sesshomaru as a demon still, but I want it to be an acceptable thing. I will still stay true to all other things of this era, that will be no problem, but I thought it would be fun to have demons too.

Logged Logged

Cause I need all the help I can get
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 5
Riku Ryuu wrote:
Do you mind if we change some facts about the era? I want to put Sesshomaru as a demon still, but I want it to be an acceptable thing. I will still stay true to all other things of this era, that will be no problem, but I thought it would be fun to have demons too.

You may do some changes for the facts of era which they can still demons from the original story or non demons which really doesn't matter to me. However you want to create the story is fine by me. I hope that answers your question, and if there anything else that you need some answers do let me know. Right now, I am working on my fanfic at the moment, but I do wish you luck for your fanfic.

Logged Logged
Luna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 11
I think I'll definitely participate in this challenge! I read books from this era all the time! It'll have to wait a little, at least until I finish some of my other stories, but when I do I'll definitely give it a go!

Logged Logged
Smortz
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 13
>_> Okay, so thanks to Luna, who posted on this thread last, I came across this. LOL. I realized ... Hmm.. Victorian Era? That sounds familiar.. >_>

..... Can I submit the newer chapters of Striking a Deal with the Devil and get it on this challenge? Since I"m sort a.... there... already... without knowing...

LMAO

~Smo

PS. Thank you so much for the links, they really help a lot for imagining the clothes and all around features.

Logged Logged
Luna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 11
Lol anytime, Smo!

Logged Logged
Smortz
Whelp
graphgraph
Thanks, Luna! Okay! So here is Striking a Deal with the Devil! It is sort of that time period, except their is a car...

I know the car is a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeee problem, but... It was sort of like a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen moment where I was all 'lets put in a car, and then a submarine, maybe even a UFO'... Other than that, it matches the challenges requirements.

>_> Lemme know if I can snag the banner because that banner is AWESOME!

~Smo

By the way it is Rated MA
MA! MA! MA! MA! MA!
Striking a Deal With the Devil
Commissioners and Ladies. Does anything sound funner? Kagome needs help from the new Commissioner. A man that gave 'bad reputation' its standards. However, will Kagome be able to pay the price he demands when a life is on the line?

Logged Logged
Archerdiana
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
While I absolutely love this era, I have found a twin sister to love:
Meiji Era.
Which is the victorian era, but in Japan. Would that count?
It's just hard for me to pull the characters out of their country.
By the way, it would have to be T at most. Does it still counts?

Logged Logged
Smortz
Whelp
graphgraph
Ah, the great Meiji Era. Lots of ideas come to mind on that one.

She said the rating didn't matter in the requirements, so I think T would go.

~Smo

Logged Logged
Sally
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Victorian era Challenge 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I think I'll give it a try. maybe it'll help kick out my writers block.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.