Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!!
Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 18
adultfanfiction.net is looking to start a reviewers association similar to the Reviewers Guild here on Dokuga. There has been a sad lack of reviews on tat site as of late and we find we are losing many good authors from the lack of motivation. Cuz let's face it, working hard on a story and not getting any feedback is frustrating.

So, what will happen is this. For the first bit, the main categories we are going to try and focus on are Inuyasha, Naruto, Harry Potter, Games, Anime, Originals, and Movies because they are the biggest archives on the site. You can pick any story under these categories you want, but remember to heed the warning tags on the summary so you don't end up reading something that will require you to bleach the living hell out of your brain.

The goal is for each person to leave 10 reviews a month. At the end of the month the people who complete the goal will get a banner for their profile page in the AFF forum. A special banner will be made for any person who goes over the ten reviews at the end of the month.

To get the banner, you will need to post the 10 stories you left reviews on the thread on AFF, so we can keep track and all that. We will need the review ID number too, in case an author deletes your review. There are some who don't like honesty. Only rule here will be a word minimum. Nothing harsh, just has to be more than two words. AND NO FLAMES. Flames are not tolerated and will be deleted, followed by repercussion by the moderation on the site. Concrit = good. Evil flameness = bad.

Also, we will need volunteers for banner making. It can be simple, it can be crazy detailed. Full creative privilege on this, as long as it isn't TOO racy.

We also need to someone to run the show, as the mods/admin can only participate in the review portion. This person would need to check the forum at the end of the month and check the stories posted on the thread to make sure reviews were actually left, and make sure there is a banner posted. That's pretty much it.

For those of you who have heard the horror stories about content found on AFF, I'm not going to lie. It's true. There is some scary stuff on that site. BUT!! If you pay attention to the tags on each story, you should be safe. If you find something mistagged, meaning there is something gawd awful in a story that isn't tagged, let a moderator know so it can be fixed.

Only other thing, is I have to stress that NO person under the age of 18 years is allowed to access AFF. Anyone found to be underage will have their account deleted. If we find a minor has been deleted and comes back before the appropriate age they will find themselves permanently banned from the site. There are ways to find out, so save us all a headache and stay away if you're a minor.

If you're interested either post here on Dokuga, site pm me here on Dokuga or on AFF. On AFF's main site I am Creature of Shadow, in the forum I am plain old Shadow. I think there is more than one in the forum under that name so make sure you see a staff tag. Cuz if there isn't one, it's not me. Feel free to ask any questions, I'm sure I forgot something in here despite my apparent windbagness. ^_^ Below is the link to the AFF forum thread. Keep in mind that even though you may have a profile on AFF's main site, for the forum you'll need a separate one. But fear not because you can use the same name and password as your normal account if you so choose.

www2.adultfanfiction.net/forum/index.php/topic/22765-aff-reviewers-association/

Thanx for reading, hope to see you there!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/06/16 19:14 By creature of shadow.

Made by the wonderful r0o

made by the fabulous Fox
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
It's nice to see another site following in the reviewer's guild footsteps, so to speak. Unfortunately I do not have any time to help, haven't even been able to continue co-running DRG, but I did want to stop by and give my support. Though she's a bit dead now, hopefully we'll be able to revive her once more, DRG did manage to review over 200 stories and all old stories here have reviews.

It's nice to see another site wanting to be able to do the same for their members. I know the writers will greatly appreciate it . I wish you and aff good luck.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 55
i'll sign up and start reviewing np!

Logged Logged

Synyster Star
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 10
Signing up here too

Logged Logged

banner made by me! Art was commissioned by me and done by Electrikfeather on deviantart.
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 32
I'm signing up too. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to make the 10-minimum cut every month, but I will try!

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 18
Remember to make a profile not only on AFF's fiction side, if you haven't got one already, but also in the forum. You must have an account in the forum to post anything.

And thanx to everyone participating so far! It's most appreciated.

Logged Logged

made by the fabulous Fox
MidNigh
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 17
I'd like to sign up to review also.........as far as running the show, I have lots of free time and I'd like to help...what exactly do i need to do?

Logged Logged

I claim Sangos Demon Cat Kirara!
Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
First thing is to make a profile on the forum part of AFF. I think I'm going to give it a week before we figure out where to put people who want to help run everything. The things to cover are banners, watching the thread to make sure the posted reviewers actually reviewed, and to keep everything running smoothly. Like, watching for flames and whatnot. That's basically it.

So after a profile is made on AFF, post what you are available to do. We will go from there. (:

Logged Logged

made by the fabulous Fox
MidNigh
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 17
Done... I should be able to check and make sure that people are really reviewing....I have no artistic talents to offer for the banners.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/06/16 23:47 By nigh.

I claim Sangos Demon Cat Kirara!
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
I might sign up. Since, I still need to finish my first fanfic and contact my beta. I noticed that it didn't have voltron,(Been a long time fan of the pairing of Lotor/Allura) but I guess that it may not be popular as much. There a devil's due comic book series which I like to make the new characters based from the comic book for my fanfics. It's more mature and it retells the story of voltron. Instead, of the new cartoon show from nicktoons that just aired today which I don't think it will get good reviews by old time fans of Voltron.

So, hopeful I will maybe see voltron fanfics but if not then that ok. There more selections to choose from. Also, not to forget that I will give my review to the site.

Logged Logged
Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph

Logged Logged

made by the fabulous Fox
The Lovely Miko
Whelp
graphgraph
I would also like to help. I would also like to offer my help running things, sadly I also have no artistic talent, so if I make a banner for it, it probably will be simple like made with MyBannerMaker.com Anyway, I'll make an account now, and would love to help run things. I have loads of free time.

Logged Logged

I claimed the Blades of Blood attack in the claiming game thread.

Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Great! I'm happy to see so many willing to help out. Remember, it may take a day or so to get your profile in the forum validated. Have to make sure it's not a bot and what not. But once your up and running post in the thread there, the link provided above, and we will start sorting things out.

Again thanx so much!

Logged Logged

made by the fabulous Fox
The Lovely Miko
Whelp
graphgraph
awesome!! Shadow? Can you give me the link to create an account for the actual site, because I can't make a forum account without the actual account. Help please?

Logged Logged

naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 32
I think I can help with running things...I do enough web-trawling that a few hours of checking content and links each month is practically nothing, lol!

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
The Lovely Miko
Whelp
graphgraph
I have made an account on the site and the forum site, I am currently waiting for an administrator to approve it. As soon as it is I would be more than happy to help run things.

Logged Logged

The Lovely Miko
Whelp
graphgraph
My account works! I can help with whatever you guys need!

Logged Logged

Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Great! I'm going to wait probably about 5 more days to see if anyone else joins up, not that this will close for members to join ever, but just to give it more time. after that I will send a site pm out to everyone and we can discuss how to proceed. Thanx!

Logged Logged

made by the fabulous Fox
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 31
I'll be joining soon. ^.^

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Sammi-Chan
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 6
i've heard of aff but i was just wondering if it was a difficult site? by difficult i mean confusing to find certain things? and does anyone know if they have alot of sk?

Logged Logged

I CLAIMED NARAKU\\\'S TENTACLES IN THE DOKUGA CLAIM GAME!!!!!

Smortz
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 13
I'd love to help out. I will sign up to both forum and actual site and try to hit the 10 review limit. Hopefully before June is up. But I have time... >_>

-looks around the empty house she is currently-

-echoes-

Yes, lots of time.

HEHE.

Logged Logged
The Lovely Miko
Whelp
graphgraph
ummm... I wanted to know Creature of Shadow said in about five days she would send a message on AFF.net to everyone who volunteered to help, but that was a week ago, and I still haven't gotten one. Has anyone else. Or did Creature of Shadow forget? Just wondering.

Logged Logged

Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
I haven't forgotten. I'm still waiting for everyone to get profiles on AFF and AFF's forum. Also, I need everyone to go post to that forum so I can wee when everyone is ready. I don't want to start without someone.

And @ Sammi-chan AFF has an older system than what we have here on Dokuga and what's on FFN. There is a good bit of S/K on the site under the Inuyasha archive. You can pick pairing and all that. If you have any questions finding it, feel free to send me a site pm with your question.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/06/26 00:39 By creature of shadow.

made by the fabulous Fox
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 22
*waves* I'd like to lend my services. ^_^

I read enough stories throughout the month that I should be able to help out with reviews. I'll set up my accounts tomorrow.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Sammi-Chan
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:FOR MEMBERS 18+ ONLY!!! 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 6
then i shall put my faith in you and Dokuga and help by reading and reviewing i will go check it out now

Logged Logged

I CLAIMED NARAKU\\\'S TENTACLES IN THE DOKUGA CLAIM GAME!!!!!

Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.