Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon
Pebbles
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Oh WOW!! I had no idea, they were re-making Thundercats!! I LOVE Thundercats. I mean that theme song is like one of the catchiest of the 80's cartoons. It's up there with Duck Tales and Gummi Bears for theme songs! Cuz once they're in your brain, they will be there for awhile! lol

That looks promising, but I will be on guard. I've been fooled by a good promo here n there. If they plan to make it like an origin story, they could easily change things about the characters. Y'know, as part of a growth/development of the characters scenario.

The designs look good though. And with the type of cartoons that are out now, I'm sure the action will pick up a few notches too. Not sayin' it was weak back then, but they could push it more now.

Either way..... THUNDERCATS! HOOOOOOOOO!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 16
I am an 80's child. I grew up on Thundercats back when (Hanah Barbara?) had their hands on it. It RULED MY LIFE in the 90's too when I got the internet and was able to look back into it.

I also follow LeSean over on Deviant art and he has been teasing us with sketches on this project for over two years now. (They have kept it pretty low key, so I thought it was just a personal aspiration of HIS. I didn't realize it was into production until earlier this year)

At first I was SURE they were going to screw it up. (How could they not? Most remakes are) but after seeing the trailer I realize it is becoming more of an alternate story line (Unlike the comics which aged up the characters and picked up with New Thundera, this Series is going back to the VERY beginning.)

So I am looking at this as a separate project. So far I like what I see, and the companies involved (Warner Brothers and Studio 4°C ) are pretty reputable.

It is set for release sometime this year. I am doing some digging around for set dates, but typically the new series start in the summer when kids are out of school.

It will be airing on Cartoon Network.

Logged Logged

soulNchantress
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
I love the Thundercats! I used to watch 'em every day after school. Then I watched GI Joe. <I was such a tomboy, but in all fairness, there weren't a lot of good cartoons for girls >

I can't believe they are starting it again. I'll keep an eye at for it and set my DVR to record it.

Thank you for the heads up!!

Logged Logged

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 23
Ah I saw that C:

I'll be honest and say I personally never watched the original show, but my elder brothers both loved(still love) comics and this and x-men were some of their favorite shows so I always got glimpses of it or heard about it all from them.

I've read that a lot of people are upset with the new designs-because it is done in an anime style rather than the comic book style the original was done in. I really don't know why people see anime so negatively. I mean I understand that it can be a shock to see one's favorite cartoon in a new style, but I don't think anime is so bad.

Someone commented about it for a blog I follow and they said that anime was 'unoriginal' but it's like the same could be said about the original style, since all animation back then was done in comic book style.

I'll admit that I don't really like anime, because even if a female character in the manga is strong and independent, they make her weak, whiny and dependent on the male characters in the anime. It doesn't seem like they are doing that with this series though, so I am going to turn in C:

anyways sorry for rambling, thanks for sharing!!

Logged Logged
Synyster Star
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
I'm kinda iffy about the whole thing with Thundercats, cause I loved the show when it originally came out. >_> But I do like the new character designs I mean Tigera looks HOT. And I miss how Liono was all long whipping hair lol and not looking so puny, but I might give this remake a shot who knows

Logged Logged

banner made by me! Art was commissioned by me and done by Electrikfeather on deviantart.
Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 16
I always had a thing for Tygra.

Really, the best thing to do is check it out when it comes out. A lot of anime/ cartoons start off rough and vastly improve. Avatar the Last Airbender started out as "Meh" in my opinion, but at the end of Season One it had improved so much that I was addicted. InuYasha was the same way.

Logged Logged

Tiegrsi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Shnarf shnarf!

Thank you SO much for posting this! I hadn't heard about it yet. I know a lot of 'remake' cartoons seem to be coming out lately, but I am uber stoked to see this. The new My Little Pony cartoon is pretty good, so I don't see why someone else can't do a good job on a remake.

*does happy dance and runs to put on Thundercats T-Shirt!*

Logged Logged
1CarinoInu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 9
Oh wow, I haven't seen the Thundercats since...*figures when we were in High School* ...aw darn, that was too long ago!
Even my hubby is intrigued!

Logged Logged
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 26
Cheetara.

Do wants.

Thank you for linking this. ;_;

Logged Logged

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
BlueHeavensAngel
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 7
Ooh. This looks like it'll be pretty good. I was never into the Thundercats too much when it was on before, but this looks like it's well done. I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks for sharing. ^_^

Logged Logged

Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Trailer Release for the New Thundercats Cartoon 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 38
I'm 90's girl but Thundercats STILL rocked my socks
Thundercats && Voltron <3

Tygra was always awesome and ridiculously attractive for an older cartoon (for me) and being a large cat man o3o
I think Thundercats were the cause for fur fetishes.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.