Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 12
I want to thank everyone for stepping up and helping with the fund raising last night. Wiccan, you are incredible! You jumped right in, got the info we needed and then contacted everyone and got the rock rolling and KEPT it rolling! R0o, Whisper, Wicked, Rikayu, DemonQueen, FayeMegan, Terri-tots, Fox of Twilight, Naraku, TangerineDream, VelvetSometimes, R.M.Avalon, all of you, thank you for keeping Dokuga available to all of us! We are a community, a crew, a clan, a family. Dokuga is more than just a fan fiction website, it is our clubhouse, a place where we go to learn our craft and share our efforts, a safe place to try new things, a place of support and friendship. You are all awesomesauce with fresh whipped cream and a cherry on top!

I love you all and forgive my poor memory, if I've forgotten anyone... Let Me Know!!! I am more than happy to add EVERYONE to this thank you! You ALL Deserve It!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/12 21:58 By Rowdy.

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ashley
Pup
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
I agree with the sentiments...A couple of hours without Dokuga...and I felt like a friend had just died....

Logged Logged

Inuashley
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 26
You're more than welcome Dokuga and I want to thank all of you too!!! ;; This place... this place isn't just a website. It's a support network, and even deeper than that... it's a family. And I'll be more than happy to keep helping as much as I'm able.

I love you guys. I really do. There's more to be said but to prevent this post from becoming a sappy ramble and an overall gooey mess... I'll leave it here.

You guys are amazing. I'm honored to have met you... all of you.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/12 12:14 By Fox.

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
Naraku
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
-Thumbs up.-

I'm brainded at the moment, so I can't think of anything overly sappy to say other than "NOT A PROBLEM" (:

<333333

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
What exactly happened last night? Noticed the site was down for a while but no idea why. Been gone too much I guess hehe.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Shattered
Pup
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I guess the hosting hadn't been paid, and nobody really knew about it. I hit Google when I realized something was up and found the Yahoo group, and luckily there was an announcement there.

I am really happy to see that so many people helped out overnight and got the site back up already.

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Ah I see, great catch and many thanks to those who were able to donate to keep us open .

Logged Logged

Rurouni Jasmine
Pup
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
How awesome is that, just one night of noticeable downtime and the site is back up when I check it? :3 Thank you to everyone who helped out! You guys are all types of fantastic.

Logged Logged
TheMikoShivae
Pup
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Yay!!!!!!! So happy to see it back up so quickly! Everyone here rocks!

*sniffles and tries not to cry in joy*

Logged Logged

~TMS FTW~
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 39
I'm so happy so many people came through for Dokuga.

I wish I could be on that list, but I'm going through weeks where I barely have $5 to my name, let alone to spare .

I was so relieved to wake up to that message from Wiccan this morning. I think I was going through Dokuga withdrawal after about the first hour.

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 29
I had no idea what was even going on. I just knew Dokuga was down. Was there a funding issue?

Logged Logged
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 11
Freya Ishtar wrote:
I'm so happy so many people came through for Dokuga.

I wish I could be on that list, but I'm going through weeks where I barely have $5 to my name, let alone to spare .

I was so relieved to wake up to that message from Wiccan this morning. I think I was going through Dokuga withdrawal after about the first hour.

I couldn't have said it better...I'll keep offering up writing commissions in hopes I can help in the future

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 66
BANZAI!!!! Dokuga's back, baby! I'm sure we'll do our part to keep this awesome site running. I know I will. Thanks, peeps! BANZAI!!!!

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 696975
On behalf of the administrators we'd like to thank all of you who have made this possible.

Now, our jobs aren't over yet, as a word of warning. Wiccan is going to look into hosting tonight and fees we'll need to pay. We may or may not switch hosting companies depending on whether or nto we can find what we like. We still have to pay for the upcoming year which means there will be more fundraising.

That being said, we are giong to introduce fundraising initiatives and those who have already donated will be included in that. Details will come but I already have a list of artists adn writers who will donate stories and art as prizes, which is a big help.If you think you might want to be among them, drop me a line and let me know. Everybody who donates something, whether it's a prize or monetary will receive a supporters banner eventually from me.

So, stay tuned for official details once we figure out what we need. but THANK YOU from the bottom of your hearts for this. Our troubles aren't over yet but we'll do the best we can to get through them.

Skye

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
kimiren
Pup
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
oh thank god. i was so worried dokuga would be going down for awhile and as i (as of the moment) have no means to contribute to the funds almost resigned myself and gave in to my cloud of despair (>-<)

thank you so much for being so awesome guys. especially for keeping it available to all. i simply have no words *tears a bit*

Logged Logged
BlueHeavensAngel
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
I'm so glad for the generosity of everyone. Dokuga is a wonderful place and I'm happy we're able to keep it going. I definitely feel as though we are one big family of sorts.

Thank you everyone! (L)

Logged Logged

Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 12
This is the best site on the internet in my not-at-all-humble opinion, made so by the people who come here. Hairann is just one of the writers who has volunteered to write one-shots for donations...and THAT is an incredible offer when you consider how excellent an author our Hairann IS! That is just one example of how we can help to keep our Dokuga alive!

Priestess Skye is right, however, we will all need to step up and do our share to keep Dokuga in existence. If you don't have any budge in your budget, then do as Hairann has offered to do and write a one-shot for a donation, or do arts for donations. We are a creative bunch, come up with something exciting. Dokugasonas for donations??? There are so many ways to do this, ways we can all share and enjoy!

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 29
I'm so glad we are a close community like this, and that we were able to pull through together! Thank you to everyone.
I should be having some extra money in a few weeks, I'll be sure to donate what I can.

If it can be any help, not that I'm the greatest writer, but I'd be more than happy to offer to write oneshots for donations!

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
You're making me blush Rowdy Just let me know when you got any info I need, like who it's for and if there is a prompt requested and I'll get started on it .

And yes not all of us can afford to donate money, hubby and I are living off of one part time check and we just bought our first house. We may not be in debt, thankfully, but have no money to spare.

I'm just happy that there are ways that people like me can give back to the site and to those that are able to spare some money to keep us going. The way I see it, writing a story or creating a piece of art is the very least we can do to give back not only to the site that has brought us all together and created one of the largest families in the world, but also to thank and show our appreciation to the amazing Dokuga Ladies, and Gentlemen, that give their hard earned money to keep this family together.

Logged Logged

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 39
Hairann wrote:

And yes not all of us can afford to donate money, hubby and I are living off of one part time check and we just bought our first house. We may not be in debt, thankfully, but have no money to spare.

I'm just happy that there are ways that people like me can give back to the site and to those that are able to spare some money to keep us going. The way I see it, writing a story or creating a piece of art is the very least we can do to give back not only to the site that has brought us all together and created one of the largest families in the world, but also to thank and show our appreciation to the amazing Dokuga Ladies, and Gentlemen, that give their hard earned money to keep this family together.

I'm with Hairann & Madi on this. One paycheck to a household with three kids leaves us barely 2 pennies to rub together after all the bills are paid & groceries are bought (do you know how much food 3 boys can go through? >_<).

That being said, I, too, would be more than happy to offer one-shots or dokugasonas/fanarts for donations. I'm hoping that when taxes roll around I'll have enough spending money to put some cash on my prepaid credit card & then I'll be donating monetarily as much & as often as I can.

Logged Logged
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 696975
I agree. Wiccan, Lady B and I don't want anybody to be out of house, home, food or in dire straits. You and yours come first. Wiccan and I both come from families were it is tough to stay afloat and I work three jobs to do so.

Before the site went down I had been putting together a fundraising initiative because we knew we'd have to pay for next year's hosting and I have a list of artists adn writers who were willing to donate, and its' grown exponentially since we went down. If you want to donate a commission to a donator you can PM me to be put on this list. So far I have some unique prizes such as stories, banners, art, sketches, I have a fwe volumes of manga I'm offering up, bracelets for others. Once we figure out what our goal is I'll finalize all plans.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
I wanted to come help out but I had no idea where to LOOK. >.>

I read the System Message that went out this morning, but where is the supporters page? I wanted to make a donation..but again..no clue where to look. >.<

And as I cannot get into DokugaChat while I'm at work I can't just pop on and ask those guys either

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Lady Kirara wrote:

I read the System Message that went out this morning, but where is the supporters page? I wanted to make a donation..but again..no clue where to look. >.<

And as I cannot get into DokugaChat while I'm at work I can't just pop on and ask those guys either

Supporters Page

For future reference, just scroll down to the bottom of any page, it's found here the gray links starting with About Us and Contact Us.

Edit: The donation button isn't up yet though, I believe the system wide said it would be available tomorrow.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/13 09:29 By Hairann.

Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
Hairann wrote:
Lady Kirara wrote:

Supporters Page

For future reference, just scroll down to the bottom of any page, it's found here the gray links starting with About Us and Contact Us.

Edit: The donation button isn't up yet though, I believe the system wide said it would be available tomorrow.

It did. And thank you Hairann! I almost never scroll all the way down..so I probably wouldn't have seen that any other way. Woops!

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Hehe you're welcome and I had to go searching for it myself, I had completely forgotten about the bottom links hehe.

Logged Logged

Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.