Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share?
Jade-ed Fang
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 5
Anyone wanna share bout their school days? =D Mine was pretttyyyy eventful, with lots of Fun! Voluntering CIP (Community Involvement Programme (i think) Funny Boys (opps) and Gossiping (lawls) Tell me bout urs! (it'll do great to help me in my new fic =D) cos im asian n i think our school system are diffrent. so HELP ME PLEASEEEE~

Logged Logged

I\'m Master InuPaPa Tamer, I tame with my RED TEDDY WHIP!
I Claim Inupapa\'s daiyoukai armour!!!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 29
Well I'm kinda an old lady to many of the whipper snappers on this site. I graduated from H.S. in 2002. I can't believe its been almost 9 full years sense I graduated.

My husband and I were complete opposites in school. He was the bad boy party guy who was a complete jock. He was usually either at a party, or at hockey practice. He would come to school but he just kinda hung out there rather than gave it much effort.

I was a hard core book worm BUT I was popular. It was jsut very important to me to get all As and it was important that I was very involved with clubs and school related sports and activities. I was in the chorus, and GLEE, I was in Color Guard (at football games, durring half time the marching band and color guard would perform) And the Hono Guard (sort of like JROTC) I was on the swim team too. Outside of school I was in ballet, was an avid rider (english saddle) I think because I was so active I had lots of friends in so many different areas and cliques.

The hubs and I went to two different schools about 10 minutes away from eachother, but its been well established that we wouldn't have gotten along very well. There would have been strong physical attraction, but we would have driven eachother crazy. lol

Logged Logged
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 56
Mine was fairly uneventful. Elementary and Middle school in the public school system in a semi-small town then moved to an even smaller town for high school. Attended 4 different high schools in 4 years (2 public and 2 private) yeah... that definetly gave me a glimpse of the differences between the types of schools out there.
Still talk to a few of my friends. Probably the funniest thing would have to be thinking about the one or two boys that actually had a fan club. I was offered a decent amount of money for some pictures that I took of him when some of his fangirls drug him in front of my camera.
(Never did like the twit too much... think Ouran High School Host Club)

I still have those pictures too

Logged Logged

KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 56
MoxyMikki wrote:
Well I'm kinda an old lady to many of the whipper snappers on this site. I graduated from H.S. in 2002. I can't believe its been almost 9 full years sense I graduated.

HAHA... I got you beat! Quick! Someone find my cane!

Wait, why am I laughing about that ?!

Logged Logged

Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 15
Mine was something I wish I could go back and change...
Elementary was uneventful though enough to make me wish that I didn't have to go to school, mostly got picked on for being taller than everyone else and was slightly overweight for my age.
Highschool was eh something I don't like to talk about...the few friendships I had forged in elementary were lost because I started listening to metal/rock, took up SADD and MACC, wore black and never really talked to anyone. Since I wasn't a jock nor a prep didn't fit into the school mold...was actually kicked out of school a week before my fourth quater of my junior year because parents were calling in threatening law suits because they believed I was a threat to their drugie children....

Don't feel bad Moxy...I was supposed to graduate in '04

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 277
Graduated in 1972. I don't think I could add much to the discussion other than the fact that there's only ONE person on the whole site (that *I* know of) that's older than me!

Oh, yeah, and the fact that I was into cars... had a 1964 Pontiac LeMans that all the guys wanted, then a 1967 Chevy II Nova that the guys wanted, then graduated to a 1970 GTO, that the guys all wanted to drive. But they only liked me for the cars.

School sucked, but I survived it.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

1CarinoInu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
Graduated in 1987 and don't recall much of it. Just that I participated in our yearly musicals, was a bit of a nerd and was part of a really diverse group consisting of a guy who is now out of the closet, a punk chick who is now a housewife in an affluent part of town, another guy who was a cheerleader - also came out of the closet.... you get the idea. We were weird.

Hmm, 80's music was truly different. I hated the day-glow clothes and over-sized shirts and sweaters, and the torn look with a passion. The crazy thing is seeing the styles repeat in the current generation. I have to laugh.

Logged Logged
Eos Sol
Pup
graphgraph
Re:SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
I loved elementary school. All my teachers were pretty neat, and in fifth and sixth grade I got to dress up as Cat in the Hat for Reading Week. I also helped with the kindergarten classes in sixth grade; I helped with reading lessons and the weather. I also participated in Science club. We made goop, learned about the solar system (Pluto is still a planet!), made robots, played with fire, electricity, and water. It was a blast.

Middle school... It was okay. Everyone was sectioned off into teams, I being put with the 'Bears', and only really got to socialize during extra curricular classes like foreign languages, gym, art, shop, etc. with the other teams. I joined student council which allowed me to keep from home a little longer. Nothing too eventful.

Then there came high-school. : ] I disliked high-school with a passion! I was such a loner and a book worm, and I didn't talk much which equaled very few close friends. So I got out as soon as I could. In ninth grade I went to the local public school that again divided students up into teams, but after the first month I started skipping a lot of days because the rules were so stiff and I couldn't put up with all the cliques. And then after the first semester ended, I transferred to another school over the river that divides my state in half. That school was okay but not for me. So, after ninth grade I signed up for home schooling, which I basically tutored myself for the G.E.D.. And in 2006, about two years before my high-school class would have graduated, I was granted my equivalent and started college the following fall. I absolutely loved my community college while I worked for, and received, my Associates in Art. Now I'm going off to a big, luxurious, art college... we'll see how that goes. ^^;

Logged Logged
Twilight Dawn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 5
I graduated high school in 1999. I had a different experience than most because my high school was next to a cow pasture. Yep, I lived in the country!

I was involved band, going to football games, basketball games, and competitions. That took up most of my time but I was able to keep my grades up.

I got along with everybody in high school. I mostly hung out with the football players, since I was in the band, and was good friends with some of them. Sadly, I didn't start dating until after high school. I was considered to be one of the guys. I still don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I was still able to get dates to the dances, though.

Logged Logged

Langus
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 6
I never had the "this place is hell" experience in high school. I was really lucky. I had a lot of different friends and just nomaded between different groups.

Some of my favourite memories are of crowding together in the cafeteria during lunch time, sharing a poutine, and playing cards. Or walking to the park about a half kilometer away, buying chocolate chip cookie dough at the grocery store (or a cheese bun if we were extra poor) and then climbing around the kid's playground while eating it.

I was good with my classes, always got high 80s or 90s, and ended up being a band geek for a few years (played the flute). I've got a lot of good memories from high school but these days I can count on one hand the number of friends from there I keep in regular contact with.

Life happens after high school but at least the memories are still there

Now I teach in one. Go figure!

Logged Logged

[img] http://fc65.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/031/4/4/441a265f509fa2446485eec83c5450ec.jpg [/img]
Naomi
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 12
Lol, in high school the group I hung out with all ate lunch and spent break together in the area we dubbed 'the Pit'. Which was just a small semi-enclosed space in the hallway.

Then the group was further broken down into the 'inner pit' and 'outer pit' hahaha.

But yea, high school was really fun for me!

Logged Logged

Yoruzuki
Pup
graphgraph
Re:SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
Elementary school was generally uneventful, except that I had a kindergarten teacher that hated children. I always wondered why she taught a room full of a five year olds if she didn't like them very much. =/

When I hit fourth grade, though, our local high school band came and performed their marching show for us, sans the marching bit. They had us all sit on the basketball courts outside while the band lined themselves up in a semicircle around us. That was the day I decided I would join the band as soon as I could.

In middle school, I was in band for three years. I started out playing the flute, but my friends liked to trade their instruments off to one another during our free time, so I quickly was able to learn the saxophone, clarinet, french horn, tuba and pretty much everything else.

By the time I got to high school, my high school band director had realized that I had a talent for playing any instrument that I was handed, so I became a sort of nomad. xD

Each year, my marching season instrument would be different from what I played during concert season, but I didn't mind. I loved music. I still do.

I'm kind of sad that the only instrument I didn't get to play during my high school band days was the snare. I wanted to march in the battery. Our drum instructor wanted me to try out for it, but the band director told me that he couldn't let me switch, since I was needed on the field elsewhere.

Band made me love music even more than I already did, especially since I started teaching myself piano when I was about four or five. Now, I have a bass guitar and I fully intend to start a Visual Kei band one day... when I can find other people to be in it with me.

Logged Logged

Yoruzuki claims the position of Master Visual Kei Bassist, with the tool of Noiz-kun the Bass Guitar of Pure Awesome.

Takumi ni hito toshite gisou shite iru.

R.M. Avalon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:SCHOOL DAYS~ anyone wanna share? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 10
Ah, high school! My freshman year was awesome; I went to a really cool high school where I got to take forensic science as my biology credit and painted a giant mural- on one of the school's walls no less- as my final project in my art class. Then I moved to Florida and it was not so fun.

But. I started an anime club at a super conservative prep school and I also managed to get two rules put into the student handbook: no boots (I wore combat boots with my uniform all of my sophomore year...) and no defacing your uniform (I painted on my skirts and decorated them with safety pins and patches). I was only at that school for three years, but the anime club is still going strong and people who I've never met still know who I am. XD

None of the boys at my second high school really liked me, but to be fair, I probably scared the normal ones. Oops. I do still have my best friend from high school and the two of us are super tight, even though she lives in Pennsylvania and I live in Florida.

Logged Logged

Dokugas very own certified fairy princess, granting wishes with my wish-granting tiara since 2010!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.