Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Manga and anime
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Manga and anime
cassandra
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Manga and anime 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 16
I was wondering if you all could recommend some good manga to read and anime to watch.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Dragonscloud
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 116
One of my personal favorites is From Far Away, also known as Kanata Kara. The only thing is that is it finished and only 14 volumes, so it does not take long to read all the way through

Logged Logged
Sonya
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
Kamisama Kiss is good. I've only just started the manga. They did an anime too but it wasn't too close of an adaptation from the manga, I still enjoyed it. This is also romance but it's funny too.

I also enjoyed Say I love you. The manga is great. The anime was short though. I think you can tell from the title that it would be considered romance.

There's Deadman Wonderland but I think it's in the horror genre so some people don't enjoy it.

Logged Logged
cassandra
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 16
I've seen deadman wonderland, but I've never heard of some of these other ones. So just keep throwing them at me guys because I really appreciate it. And if anyone wants to know any that I may know of, I'm willing to share. Oh yeah, is there any websites that tell you about the different kinds of manga and anime?

Logged Logged
Beautifully Wicked
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 20
SKIP BEAT. OMG SKIP BEAT SO HARD.

If you haven't read it also it's unfinished but there is a ton of it.

Tokyo Crazy Paradise is by the same managaka and is just as good and it's finished.

I'm currently into Tsubaki Chou Lonely Planet. Ongoing and very sweet but good.

Logged Logged

Wicked knows all... watch her bounce

I claimed Jakotsu\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Sword in the Claim GAME!
ponpiri
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 8
The only manga I own is Kare Kano. It's really old, but really touching.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 57
Well if you want anything that'll make you think. Try Shirow Masamune. All of his work is great, although I like his Ghost in the Shell series the best. I'd recommend the films mostly, and the anime series Stand Alone Complex, followed by Second GiG, and the film Solid State Society Stand Alone Complex.

The manga is different in terms of how the main character behaves.

I like her better in SAC.

Note that GinS is scifi-futuristic with lots of themes revolving around cyberisation, technology, the digital world, the net, and stuff like hacking. It's not kid-friendly and definitely not a romance, more real-world with scifi elements. The live-action isn't bad, but the anime is better.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/07/30 06:10 By Pyre.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 156
Beautifully Wicked wrote:

Tokyo Crazy Paradise is by the same managaka and is just as good and it's finished.

Seconded, Skip Beat and Tokyo Crazy Paradise are my all time favourites!

Last anime I enjoyed was Psycho-pass.

Bakuman was a cute series, it's a manga/anime about two boys who want to become mangaka for Shounen Jump.

Logged Logged
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 37
I am recommending Kamisama Hajimemashita aka Kami-sama Kiss. It's a great anime/manga with lots of drama, romance, supernatural and comedic elements. This anime is a favorite of mine because of the complicated and sometimes hilarious relationship between the two main characters; the male is youkai and the female is human.

Rumiko Takahashi has a new anime, well not new exactly since they are currently airing season three. The name of it is Kyoukai no Rinne (TV)

If you are into sports anime try out Days (TV), Hungry Hearts, Kuroko no Basket and Free

Recently I have watched one that I consider great. The genre is Sci-Fi; didn't like the ending though. Give this one a try, twelve episode that will keep you glued to your monitor. Seikaisuru Kado

Try these also:

Boku no Hero Academia
Tokyo Ghoul
Akame ga Kill
Blood Lad
Fairy Tale
Noblesse
Beelzebub
Gakusen Toshi Aterisk
Noragami
Golden Time
Steins;Gate
Guilty Crown
Ao Haru Ride
Orange
Kimi ni Todoke

I know you will love them Happy watching/reading.

Logged Logged
cassandra
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 16
Oh I definitely love fairy tail. According to an interview with todd haberkorn , he plays the voice of Natsu, they will be releasing the last season of fairy tail soon. It'll be sad to see it end because it was like my all time favorite! So for any other fairy tail fans out there, keep a look out cause it's coming.

Logged Logged
Beautifully Wicked
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 20
Chie wrote:
Beautifully Wicked wrote:

Seconded, Skip Beat and Tokyo Crazy Paradise are my all time favourites!

Last anime I enjoyed was Psycho-pass.

Bakuman was a cute series, it's a manga/anime about two boys who want to become mangaka for Shounen Jump.

Thank you Chie!

Also if you want something mellow and light I've yet to read the manga but Mushi-Shi the anime is sooo very good. It's calming but also exciting. The plot is very well done and the characters are just so human it's great.

Logged Logged

I claimed Jakotsu\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Sword in the Claim GAME!
cassandra
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 16
I've been wanting to watch Mush-shi but netflix only has english sub. They have a lot of good anime on Netflix but it sucks when some shows that you really want to see aren't in english. Yeah I know that I could always read subtitles, but I want to be able to WATCH it, not READ it! I just wish I could find a lot more anime in english

Logged Logged
Dunkelgelb
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 27
"Hokuto no Ken," aka "Fist of the North Star!" It's about a martial arts master named Kenshiro, master of a fighting style called "Hokuto Shinken," roughly translated as "Heavenly Fist of the Little Dipper." His character design is a mashup of Bruce Lee and Max from the "Mad Max" movies, and he wanders a post-apocalyptic wasteland, delivering justice to various, increasingly depraved and psychotic bad guys with his bare hands.

I haven't read the manga, but the anime is awesome, with a couple pretty good intro songs and some good music throughout the episodes. Produced in the mid to late 80s, the action is thoroughly over-the-top, with Kenshiro sometimes just poking his enemies in select pressure points and watching them explode into paste a few seconds later.

There's a Rin in this series, a young, mute orphan girl, like the Rin of the InuYasha universe. I think that the Hokuto version may have inspired Rumiko Takahashi's interpretation of the character.

Logged Logged
l'-'jj
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 6
cassandra wrote:
I've been wanting to watch Mush-shi but netflix only has english sub. They have a lot of good anime on Netflix but it sucks when some shows that you really want to see aren't in english. Yeah I know that I could always read subtitles, but I want to be able to WATCH it, not READ it! I just wish I could find a lot more anime in english

Well, I'm the exact opposite. Can't stand watching anime in english - there's just something beautiful about listening to the Japanese voices. It's just more real. I've heard from few other people that they find the dubbed versions grating on their nerves. Applies to other foreign movies as well.

Nurarihyon no Mago, or Grandson of Nurarihyon has both manga and anime. Lots of youkai.

Natsume Yuujinchou, or Natsume's book of friends. Lots of youkai as well. Pretty sure there's manga, I only watched the anime.

Detective Conan (english dubbed anime called Case Closed). One of my absolute favourites. The manga has been going on since 1994 (and has nearly reached a thousand volumes), the anime started two years later. According to wikipedia it is the 5th best selling manga ever.

Toshokan Sensou aka Library wars. Both anime and manga are adaptations from a series of novels - you can find translation of those to english online, somebody did it page by page on livejournal (since they stopped being active over two years ago, the pdf links no longer works, but can still read them on the web), there's also some side novels that are being converted to manga as well, somebody translating them on tumblr. There's also a live action movie. It's romance, butthere's just something about librarians with military training protecting books with machine guns. Even funnier because of Japan's strict no weapon policy.

Also Rurouni Kenshin. Manga, anime, live action movies. Wandering swordsman who's trying to settle down.

For anime movies anything from Studio Ghibli (Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and My Neighbour Totoro).

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 76
It's been a while but a really good manga that I still own, only two books sadly, is Witch Blade Takeru. I liked it a lot more than the full length Witch Blade manga.

On a side note, I went to the flea mall with the family the other weekend and came across a woman selling so much anime. I'm hoping she's still there when I actually have money. She had piles of DVDs and VHS, she even had some outtake CDs that I weren't even aware were still possible to find. SHE HAD VHS PEOPLE!! I would have to get a VHS tape player.... I feel so old.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Beautifully Wicked
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 20
cassandra wrote:

HULU has both seasons and English dubbed.

Also I just caught up with a manga called Ookami-heika no Hanayome, or Wolf Kings Bride. It waa cute I got all into it and it wasn't finished but it's really good imo.

Logged Logged

cassandra
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
My favorite anime is anything with Todd Haberkorn in it. He's my favorite voice actor. That doesn't mean that I don't like other anime though.

Logged Logged
Jackie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 6
Miss Kobayashi Dragon Maid. The anime only has thirteen episodes so far, but the manga is still ongoing, rated T.

Baccano, and Black Lagoon both have a really good English dub and are rated M.

There is also Nichijou, Sabagebu, Death Parade, The Wallflower, Princess Jellyfish, Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, and Persona 4. These are all rated T.

Tamen De Gushi is another manga that I would also recommend.

The ones I am about to list below are not anime or manga related but I do think you might enjoy reading them. These are comics created by individuals on Webtoons.

The first is "I love Yoo" and "Oh! Holy" are both romantic comedies. There is also "Average

Adventures of an Average Girl" a comedy and "unOrdinary" a fantasy.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/11/20 21:48 By LadyAmythest289.
Beautifully Wicked
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 20
Omg how could I forget! The twelve kingdoms anime is a mazoing. The novels are very good as well there are also more of the novels than the anime. Soooooo good!

Logged Logged

cassandra
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
I just finished watching Kuromukuro on Netflix. I loved it. For those of you who like syfy, check it out. I thought it was awesome!

Logged Logged
Jackie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 6
This image is from "Oh Holy".

Here is the link to an image from "I love Yoo". ifunny.co/fun/11TROcgF5?gallery=tag&query=Iloveyoo

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/11/20 22:02 By LadyAmythest289.
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
Not sure what you would like, but am been reading some new mangas. Characters ending up being reborn into a fantasy world, or just become their avatar character and are in the Fantasy RPG games (Only ones who can check their status, change settings, ect).

Overlord (Very popular)

Gaikotsu Kishi-sama Tadaima Isekai e o Dekake-chuu

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou

Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou

Argate online

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Log Horizon

Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku

Isekai Cheat Magician

Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu

Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja

Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki

Wortenia Senki

Isekai Yakkyoku

Logged Logged
KouseiJL
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 17
I've just started expanding my anime/manga repertoire. We've found a lot of short run shows that we've loved, but there's a few that we couldn't get enough of! Here's a few my whole family's grown attached to:

The Royal Tutor
Ouran High School Host Club
Kamisama Kiss
Kamigami no Asobi
Kaichou wa Maid-Sama
Special A
Sword Art Online
The Ancient Magus' Bride
FairyTail
Rurouni Kenshin
RWBY
Bleach
Kaze no Stigma
Fate/Stay Night - Fate/Zero
Magi
Yona of the Dawn
Noragami
Our Home's Fox Deity
Gingitsune
Fushigi Yugi
Hiiro No Kakera
Seven Deadly Sins
Mushi Shi
Kaze no Stigma

Don't get me started on the Manga!

Logged Logged
yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years ago Karma: 4
Sora wa Akai Kawa no Hotori / Red River / Anatolia Story is a must! It's long - 28 volumes - but it is so worth it. I own all the volumes. I'm not sure if anyone suggested it. I love time-traveling manga.

@ Manga Panda

Logged Logged

Art by LadyShieru
yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Manga and anime 6 Years ago Karma: 4
KouseiJL wrote:
Kaichou wa Maid-Sama
The Ancient Magus' Bride
FairyTail
Rurouni Kenshin
RWBY
Yona of the Dawn
Fushigi Yugi

OMG! I'm obsessed with these too! I fell off of the Bleach anime after those mini-arcs and focused on the manga. You should also check out the anime Chivalry of a Failed Knight.

Logged Logged

Art by LadyShieru
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.