Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Polls? and game section? [solved]
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Polls? and game section? [solved]
ITL
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Polls? and game section? [solved] 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 19
I think we should have a polls section on the site they are just plain fun as are games like on Feudalfairytale.com many people have spent plenty of hours playing different games on that site!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/05/15 05:53 By Miss_Kagura.

And my wonderful Icon was made by the equally wonderful Danyealle Myst
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Polls? and game section? 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 51
We are going to have polls, but as far as I know, they will only be for the Dokuga awards. I'm actually working on it as we speak, and it's horribly full of bugs (luckily the next voting period isn't for awhile). I saw your post mentioning 'Polls' come up less than two minutes of putting up a hidden link and thought somehow I had botched it and everyone could see the buggy section.

I try not to embarrass myself, whenever possible.

I'll talk to Demonlordlover about possible games. We're getting a bit swamped at the moment. The site is growing really fast and there are some important things that need to be worked on, like the various forms of insect pestilence, and bringing in new features.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
ITL
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Polls? and game section? 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 19
Sweetness! well it was all just a sugestion,hope everything rus smoothly for you!!!!

Logged Logged

Demonlordlover
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Polls? and game section? 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 6
LOL I can see the WTF moment you must have had on being asked about polls right as you created hidden ones.

Logged Logged

yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Polls? and game section? 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
as a member of the yahoo group, i'm curious to know....will we be able to vote here on the site or will we still need to log in? or will it be separate polls that you will add together for those not involved with the group? i didn't believe, or think, that it would be possible to add that yahoo feature here. and if it's separate, i'm simply curious about how you would ensure that there would not be double voting on someone's behalf.

sorry if this is something that you may have thought of but it hit me suddenly. ^__^

Logged Logged

Art by LadyShieru
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
I'm not sure. Demonlordlover and I have been hammering things out. It's easy to prevent double-voting within this site, and it's definitely a lot of trouble to double vote at a yahoo group. I think both have distinct ways of discouraging bad voting behavior.

I know from her announcement earlier that the yahoo group is going to still have both nominations and voting, so we'll see how things end up when we finish working out the details. You'd be surprised at how many complex issues the "Wouldn't it be cool if..." improvements actually have.

We are definitely dedicated to providing a fair vote, and will try to make it as convenient as possible.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/05/07 18:48 By Miss_Kagura.

You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
i believe that i would encourage members here at Dokuga to join the group. i think that it would be a great idea to have nominations and voting here but i would also think it might be wiser to wait a year, at least, before making it available through the site. i think it would be nice to have the lists of nominees and such here. it might even encourage people to sign up. i would like to see the Dokuga yahoo group become even more popular than the Inuyasha Fanfiction Guild.

Logged Logged

Art by LadyShieru
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
I would agree that people should join! I really like it. The mods are all great, but Demonlordlover never fails to disappoint. She writes great fanfiction, she's an awesome moderator, and she's has a very good touch with helping to unify people to get things done.

Logged Logged

yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
i second that! she's a really awesome person to be able to juggle everything. i'm very envious of her. ^__^

Logged Logged

Art by LadyShieru
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
I didn't really know her that well until that little thing at 'Spark a few months ago. I got to know Vyncent and Wiccanmethuselah back then as well. All amazing people. This community is full of resourceful, great individuals.

Logged Logged

yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
it's surprising to know that there are a great many people actively involved in helping out the 'little people'. it's sad that not everyone knows of them but i'm involved in a bunch of the same mailing groups as the before mentioned and i see all the hard work they have put forth. i'm happy to know that at least there are good and genuinely caring people involved. and you too!

Logged Logged

Art by LadyShieru
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Yeah. I know Vyncent was practically acting as the 'Spark spokesperson for so long. I actually came to know both by talking out differences. They're really reasonable people, and it seems to really reduce friction and make the community more healthy.

Seeing both of their posts in DLL2 earlier was really encouraging. I was expecting a lot more negative feedback, but those two really helped smooth over some rough edges. I don't think we'll ever know just how much damage and drama they avoided.

Logged Logged

yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
so true. i'm glad that they are here to help. i hate conflict period. i believe that it's much more effective if you are able to talk with a level head than go spouting off at the mouth. personally, when Winter sent her official statement out, i waited until tonight to respond in length. i did not want to cause any more unnecessary drama. lol, i guess i let me intentional surprise fade away but i always think it's best to do things like that than to say something you might regret later. it's hard to take things back once they are said. it's hurts feelings.

Logged Logged

Art by LadyShieru
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
I've got into scrapes with several other members of the community several months ago. I really dug my feet in over the dedicated server issue and it had very stiff consequences. Most of those people are now my friends though, so I guess it all works out.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/05/07 21:23 By Miss_Kagura.

Demonlordlover
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Polls? and game section? 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 6
We're going to try to see if we (read - Miss Kagura) can get polls set up on Dokuga for members that are logged in to vote here. Voting will also be on the yahoo group. To prevent double-voting, however, the voting on the yahoo group will run exactly as the nomination process - without polls but people sending in their favorites. I will post a message with a listing of names of titles, and the voter will order them by level of preference. 1st choice picks will have 3 pts, second choice 2 pts, 3rd place, 1 pt. At the end, we simply tally the points to discern the placements.

This is actually a lot more comprehensive than a simple 1st choice pick. I came up with the idea to try this based on LJ communities that use it.

Logged Logged

Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
I've added a games section, and polls are nearly done.

Logged Logged

ITL
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Polls? and game section? 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 19
yay!!!!!

Logged Logged

yukihime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
inu_tiger_luver_393 wrote:
yay!!!!!i second that. ^^ *off to check them out*

Logged Logged

Art by LadyShieru
Shisaa
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Polls? and game section? 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
Let me just throw out a lil woot-age!

Logged Logged

Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
Unless an idiot dies, he won\\\\\\\'t be cured.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.