Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Ways to beat writer's block!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Ways to beat writer's block!
Akumi
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Ways to beat writer's block! 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 6
Hey everyone, it's Akumi again. Miss me? Anyways, I've been hearing a lot about writer's suffering from the dreaded illness known as writer's block lately, and decided it might be a nice idea to share how we all cope with it. Give ideas how you break it, or what you do while having it.

What I do is read over old stories, poems, or even the story I am working on. If that doesn't spark something, I'll watch the anime I'm writing about, or go back to the original source of my inspiration. *shrugs*

-Akumi

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Dreams are the true reality in which nature can not decay.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Ways to beat writer's block! 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I apparently write crackfics but i a not sure i would recomend it. Because it sems now all i have is ideas for crack fics

Logged Logged
Zyren
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Ways to beat writer's block! 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
Going back to read what i wrote helps me as well, and so does reading all the reviews that fic has recieved. something about that is just really motivational.

sometimes i just leave it alone for a while then come back and see where i left off and where i can take it from there.

occaisonally i'll stop writing in order, and just write scenes that i know i want to have somewhere in the fic as a whole, and doing that usually helps come up with material to fill the gaps between those scenes.

i'll write chapter titles. i know that sounds a little weird, but you know how dvd's have scene selection and each scene has a title? thats how i treat it, i map it our with chapter titles and it usually helps me write the chapter itself.

Logged Logged
Yuzuki
graphgraph
Re:Ways to beat writer's block! 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 13
I'm with Nobody. I write crackfocs or one shots if i have writers block. The Opossum Brothel helps.

Logged Logged
Zyren
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Ways to beat writer's block! 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
lol the Oppossum Brothel helps alot.
it played a BIG role in how my last chapter played out

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ways to beat writer's block! 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 52
For me I just kept reading fanfics, watching the anime, and reading the manga until I wanted to get back to writing Inu fanfics again. Also helps to conjure up ideas for writing fics.

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Ways to beat writer's block! 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 216
i start something new, but this doesnt always work because i have abour 60 WIPs that range in would count from 1k to 25k, no finish in site on far too many. but man if you guys could read them... hahaha I wont post anything unless i think i'll finish it, no need to tease anyone.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
LC Rose
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ways to beat writer's block! 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 39
When a moment of writer's block comes upon me, I reread whatever it is that I written. And if that doesn't work, I go and watch/read the anime/manga. And if that doesn't work, taking shots of rum while reading other works always seems to get the juices flowing again. Of course, that's not always possible and I ALWAYS have to go back and edit my typing. For some reason, alcohol does not induce good spelling where a keyboard is concerned.

Logged Logged

~PPFT!~

Muses...cannot live with them, cannot kill them.
twiknham
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Ways to beat writer's block! 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I write in several series so I switch and work on something else. Right now I have Appleseed, Eureka7, Sess/Kags and Trigun going (none of which will be published until they are complete). When I get jammed on one I'll work on another. Of course, sometimes for the sheer heck of it, I'll work on a challenge (like tonight).

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.