Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
It's been a while...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: It's been a while...
Kayare
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
It's been a while... 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
It's been a long time since I've read fanfiction.. The last time I did was probably when a-single-spark closed down.

Does anyone have any favorites on Dokuga, fanfiction-wise? I would really appreciate any suggestions you might have. Just in need of a little kick-start!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Christine
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:It's been a while... 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3
Here is my suggestion is you like stories that are just bursting with charm and have a lovely sweetness to them.

I think that "Troved" by Forthright is one of the loveliest things you will ever read. I couldn't stop smiling when I read it. Pretty much anything by Forthright will leave you feeling so good!

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/3351/1

Happy Reading!

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:It's been a while... 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Try the recommended forum or even the looking for fic forum. There are tons of posts in there that are worth the read and will give you plenty to kick start you back into reading fan fiction. And the looking for a fic is actually a great place to scout fics to read because the stories found were worth reading more than once . Just make sure to watch out for the ratings.

And if you want some actual fics and don't wanna go searching through 100s of posts hehe...

Faulty Fairytailsby perphila
Each chapter is a different fairy tale told by the cast, mostly Kagome. It's only rated T and unfinished but maybe a few more people reading it will get Perphila to update again hehe.

All or Nothing by forthright
AU. In spite of all their differences, Sesshoumaru and Kagome discover common ground... on the ice. A whirlwind romance of the Olympic variety. Sesshoumaru x Kagome. COMPLETE Rated T.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Aimee Blue
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:It's been a while... 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 22
I have a few recommendations (actually more than I've listed) but there's hopefully a little bit of everything here to start you off.

Bitten by akie
After an incident that should have killed Kagome, she found herself under Sesshoumaru's care and protection, her shot for any kind of normal life completely gone.
Rating: M - Universe: Canon - Status: Incomplete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Action, Drama, Erotica, Friendship, Humor, Romance - Updated: 06-14-11 - Created: 08-24-09 Chapters: 24 - Reviews: 107 - Words: 91,245 - Reads: 70,809

Happily Ever After by MissTeak
(1st place for Best Romance, Best Drama and Best AU/AR, Dokuga Awards 2nd Quarter 2010) Struggling to maintain her old family shrine, Higurashi Kagome could not be more thankful for the miracle that came in the form of a letter telling her that the Higurashi family owned forty percent of a traditional Japanese inn in Tsumago, Nagano prefecture. However, in exchange for the profits made by Shiraito inn, Kagome would have to marry the devastatingly handsome yet arrogant owner and serve as the inn's okami. Happily ever after? No way!
Rating: MA - Universe: Alternate - Status: Incomplete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Drama, Erotica, Friendship, Romance - Updated: 06-18-11 - Created: 06-05-10 Chapters: 36 - Reviews: 795 - Words: 126,338 - Reads: 157,290

Voluntary Obligation by Hairann
There once was a priestess who found binding a demon to be the hardest thing she ever had to do. 50 years later another priestess found releasing him to be the easiest. History repeats itself, only this time binding the demon was easy, it was releasing him that proved to be difficult. Serial for Dokuga Contest prompts. Awards are listed on chapters that won them. Nominated best canon and best drama, Dokuga awards 3rd Q 2010.
Rating: T - Universe: Canon - Status: Incomplete - Category: Oneshot Collections - Genre: Action, Drama - Updated: 07-14-11 - Created: 01-18-10 Chapters: 30 - Reviews: 28 - Words: 51,281 - Reads: 40,604

Chain of Love by Chie
Sesshoumaru's mother decides that the Western lands need an heir and hires a Matchmaker to deal with the job. She soon realises that no arrow of Amor could make Sesshoumaru fall and thus resorts to more extreme means - or rather it would seem, to a chain.
Rating: M - Universe: Canon - Status: Incomplete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Drama, Friendship, Humor, Romance - Updated: 07-01-11 - Created: 06-16-09 Chapters: 29 - Reviews: 287 - Words: 163,958 - Reads: 109,689

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:It's been a while... 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 216
Kayare wrote:
It's been a long time since I've read fanfiction.. The last time I did was probably when a-single-spark closed down.
Does anyone have any favorites on Dokuga, fanfiction-wise? I would really appreciate any suggestions you might have. Just in need of a little kick-start!
Well A-Single-Spark is still alive just kinda in a coma? If you look at the top of your screen far right corner, there's a tab that says "Spark" :3 2 guesses to figure out what that is! Any ole Hoot. I'm sure many of us can give favorites that we love, but, before I do, I'd like to know your age. If your not 16, cant recommend anything that's M+.

SO when you let us know that I'll be glad to edit this, and put some some fics, b/c i mostly read M and MA which is the Spark equivalent to R and NC-17.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/07/21 12:07 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Kayare
Pup
graphgraph
Re:It's been a while... 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Wow, wonderful recommendations! I got to reading a few of them and so far, I love them! Thank you!

And in answer to your question, I'm fresh out of college so M+ is perfectly fine. I do love lemony fics, hehe.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.