Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Social life?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Social life?
Jenna
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
Does anybody else find that Dokuga is slowly taking the place of their social life? Haha, maybe it's not that bad, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for anything else.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Naomi
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12
Lol, it's okay. I'm not much of a socializer anyways and Dokuga is kind of socializing, just not face to face XD

Logged Logged

Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 15
I don't do much for myself during the day...
I take care of my two princesses, I cook, I clean the house, I take care of the animals, I do some random yard work, etc. Since I am not the a-typical military wife means I don't have a social life in this little community, so it means Dokuga gives me my outlet lol.

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
I didn't have much "social life" to begin with, being... y'know... OLD, and still dealing with (supposedly) adult children, and all that. Still, Dokuga didn't SLOWLY replace my other activities - it did it RAPIDLY (Darn you, Miss K!). LOL!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11
while, yes, it takes up quite a bit of time...I still cook, clean, take care of my (almost) two year old and work part-time (23 hours a week) waitressing

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12
My social life consists of seeing my sister and bro in law, my best friend and my doctors! I need Dokuga so that I don't start thinking I REALLY do understand what my cat is saying!

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
Jenna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
well thats good to know, haha

Logged Logged

Morgan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Lol yeah Dokuga and FF.net have taken what little social life I had since the 9th grade. But since I have a 17 month old to take care of, it's only taken over what's left of my night life.

Logged Logged
Tsuki
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
I spend a lot of time on Dokuga, like a couple hours a day and it is my homepage But I really don't have a social life; I pretty much just hang out with my boyfriend, my best friend and go to school full time, I also spend lotsssssssssssssss of time doing homework

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
I thought I was the only one! Good to know I'm not alone.

My husband is often like, "Are you on that Inuyasha site again?" I give him a guilty look and he just smiles at me adoringly and shakes his head with a chuckle. He's such a good guy... he doesn't necessarily get all my quirks but he loves them all the same!

I still do my mommy and wifely duties... I care for, play with, and teach my 2.5 year old. I cook, clean, etc at home. Take care of the hubs who, in spite of being an intelligent and full grown man, is mostly incompetent when it comes to feeding himself, washing clothes, and keeping track of the time and appointments. lol Its that Y chromosome.

We have moved around so much you would think us nomads... we have been settled for a little while where we are at now, but I haven't made many connections out here... I'm a north eastern girl, born and bred so the cultural and personality changes of being in the deep south makes it hard to kind like minded people.

Here on Dokuga we all have at least one thing in common, that we are passionate about so its easy to connect with people here.... plus I think the anime field draws in a certain personality which I am most comfortable befriending.

Logged Logged
MoonlightSerenade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 10
I'm a full-time college student, pre-med, so i don't really have much of a social life. But Dokuga and fanfiction in general are something that I turn after pulling myself out of a pile of homework to help me relax. Everyone here is so nice and welcoming, that i really don't mind not having one.

Logged Logged
Jenna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
I'm engineering, so I completely get that.

Logged Logged

Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 16
I work on my computer all day. When I do not have work, I do art on my computer all day.

So a lot of my time revolves around being on the computer.

To top it off, I never had very many friends, and OF those friends I have kept over the years, all of them prefer quick IMs and E-mails to meeting someplace and spending money. (Or going to someone's house where almost assuredly there would be some screaming, crying, fussy child to contend with.)

Yeah, I am on Dokuga a lot, and in chat a lot, but I am actually pretty quiet unless there is something worth saying (Or the party people show up. BOOYAH). Any other time I am focused on another monitor doing artwork. My husband is supportive of it, just because he knows that I want to improve my art, and that stopping me from doing the things I WANT isn't going to make me happy, and what he wants is my happiness. (<-- enjoy that run on sentence, I wrote it just for you all!)

Besides, I'd just be distracted anyway. If I don't have a computer in front of me, I have a sketchbook. This is something he learned YEARS ago when we first started dating.

Logged Logged

Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 10
My post pretty much would look just like Moxy's except for the following:

-My son is 3 years old.
-Our recent move to a place where I don't really know many people was to the middle of no where in Australia.

Yup, bout it.

Logged Logged
Sammi-Chan
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
well im taking care of my nine month old, babysitting my boyfriend constantly..., taking care of my other babies (new puppy and dog), looking for a new apt to move in jan, graduating highschool in jan, and fillling out a bunch of paperwork (of all kinds) to start college in spring. so im kinda busy which is another word for a butt load of stress. lol its all for prep tho. i cant wait to have my own place!

Logged Logged

I CLAIMED NARAKU\\\'S TENTACLES IN THE DOKUGA CLAIM GAME!!!!!

Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
Yea, Dokuga has taken over some of my social life. Most of the people I was good friends with all moved out of state and I really can't afford to be driving all over the place to visit. While I don't have kids (yet) I still do my wifely duties of cooking, cleaning and taking care of my hubby whom would probably not know his right sock from his left one ( I love him all the same! lol) and taking care of the cats and last but not least managing all the finances in the house (does anyone else have to do that? or are men just not able to control there spending? and they say women are bad, yea right! ). Between all of that and working full-time as a assistant manager at a store and going to class part-time (which I'll be done in December then its off to who knows where!) my evenings consist of Dokuga. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Lily
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Dokuga is a very social website. All of the members are just too friendly! And, well, considering this is THE SessKag site, my evenings are Dokuga's property. I still have a social life as a teen student. But this year, I spend looooots of time doing homework. So I relax reading fanfics or doing arts to post here. I really love this site!

Logged Logged
AmberEyes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
i always loved reading fanfiction when i wasn't with my friends or doing something else. usually what i always do in my spare time. dokuga makes it even more fun cause now i can post my own annnd talk to people about their fics ect. socializing isn't really my forte anyways ^^;;

even so! i find myself socializing plenty on dokuga =]

Logged Logged
Yuuki Kaora
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Social life? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
Very much true. Dokuga's starting to take over the world! This will surely be interesting.. Buhahahahaa 8D

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.