Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Finding Betas
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Finding Betas
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Finding Betas 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 12
What is so rare as emeralds and rubies? Betas!

Being a beta can be a lot of work. But I have a suggestion for all of our authors, why not partner up with each other and beta each other's work? I know when I finally get my story written and ready for proofreading, I'm gonna turn to my beloved friend and co-author, ML Monty. Paybacks are a mother, Monty!

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Finding Betas 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 24
This sounds like a good idea. Good thinkin' Rowdy.

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Finding Betas 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 29
I would be one of those authors in DIRE need of a beta. Just putting that out there everyone... anyone? Hello! *voice echos* I offer lots of worship in return? PLEASE?!

p.s. also offering my services as a beta to anyone who needs/wants it!

Logged Logged
Fluffy Lady
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Finding Betas 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3
I'm a good beta, very thorough. I can be a beta in a pinch but I prefer to have a couple days to work on a chapter. That way I can read and reread and get you as close to perfect as possible before it posts.

Currently, I am also beta-ing "Fragments of a Shattered Moon" by Eternal Fire I believe her name is. So most of those chapters (there are a few that I was away for a while and didn't get her email with the chapter in it) are examples of my work.

I am very helpful and actually use a color-coded key to what I'm doing in your story that way you know and can learn from it. Also, I leave helpful little comments at the bottom of the chapter and praise where it's due.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Logged Logged

~I am the mistress of the RP... I have so many plot bunnies running rampant that they cannot be contained to one site! Check me out on dA!
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Finding Betas 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 91
Though that is a good suggestion for some, you are, in doing that, putting a few of us in an awkward position. I don't read anything in Sess/Kags anymore aside from things that were incomplete and on my watchlist when i started writing or crackfic. For me to beta in this fandom would mean me not writing (aside from a couple exceptions here and there and those are few and far inbetween). Unfortunately, the way my muse works, it doesn't give me wiggle room to do that, either i read or write, there is no middle ground. Though it's a great suggestion, it doesn't work out that way some times so don't get offended if it's turned down.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Finding Betas 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 22
I don't mind being a beta reader seeing as how I have a good chunk of free time at night. I enjoy the fact that I am helping someone out by making their story better, gives me a nice sense of satisfaction

Logged Logged

JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Finding Betas 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 21
Well, I have a beta, Teana and she's fabulous I love her very much.

But now that we are talking about this in general, I have a few stories... eh, I think I have three that I am updating often and I feel like it would be simply mean to give her so much work.

So, I have been thinking about getting a second beta so she would have time for herself as well. I dont mind if the person takes 2-5 days... I think thats normal. We all have lives.

Ah, and definitely, I need a beta since my main language is Spanish XD

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/07/05 10:09 By JeniNeji. Reason: pic too big

Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Finding Betas 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 52
I actually have, a lot of free time Sunday through to Thursday of each week to be a beta, I can copy the stories onto my laptop, take them to work, and then proof-read/spellcheck the stories in between doing my duties.

Logged Logged

Lady Hiroko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Finding Betas 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm an excellent beta. Grammar and spelling are my best subjects. I also have a wide vocabulary (due to writing the dictionary when I got into trouble when I was younger). I'm quick yet thorough, as I'm a perfectionist. Just PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Logged Logged
Eliza B
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Finding Betas 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I would be willing to help out too if anyone needs it. It's part of my daily duties anyway (proof reading, etc my student's work), so I would enjoy reading some adult writing mixed in there .

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.