Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Kagome Question
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Kagome Question
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Kagome Question 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 52
Something belatedly occured to me earlier tonight, and I'd thought that I would throw up the question here on the forums for everyone to talk about. Although an author can do whatever they want with the characters, I've realized that a lot of authors have their Kagome cussing, either a lot, or just a little bit.

I think that is a big OOC for Kagome, because she's such a nice girl. I think it would be a big personality break if she said "I'll purify your ass" or "dammit Inuyasha" etc. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think Kagome's ever said a cuss word in the Manga, lol.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Kagome Question 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 216
agreed i dont think she curses in the manga either, but in the manga Kagome's totally more confident then Anime Kagome. Manga Kagome pawns anime kagome. or at least in the original run.

She's more prone to random fits of violence then cursing. seriously in manga, that girl slaps, kicks, i dont think she punches but she's kinda more violent in manga. once she actually kicked Inuyasha down the well like a stomping fit, and she does use that 'sit' command at will.

i think as an author i would really only have Kagome curse as if she was having an "OH CRAP" moment. or she's in the middle of lemon-ness. -nods- thats my 2cents.
-r0o

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Question 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
Oh yeah, I agree. I will stop reading a story if they make Kagome or any other character who doesn't really cuss do it a lot. Its just a turn off when reading, most of the time cuss words aren't even needed.

I dunno, like mentioned Kagome really doesn't seem like the type to cuss. Though I will admit I have her say 'darn' and 'damn' but that's rarely

Its the same with people making Sesshoumaru cuss and throw big hissy fits XD Also manga anything is better then the anime most of the time XD

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Question 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 78
I think she has a terrible temper which she keeps in check almost all the time. But like in the "Swords of the Honorable Ruler" movie, she gives in when she is most frustrated, and has an attack of rage. I think for someone who gets that enraged, she could and would do anything at that moment, though she would feel that it lowered herself later, and she would try to be nicey-nicey afterwards. I base this, of course, on myself and my attempts at being "mature" or "a nice person". It is possible most of the time. But not all of the time.

Logged Logged
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Question 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 26
While I also agree that Kagome is not normally prone to such language, I think that that it would be entirely possible that over time she would pick up the habit from Inuyasha. In the manga, the hanyou's language is near atrocious at times and even in the anime he is known to utter the phrase "Damn it all!"

I would never write, or be interested in reading a Kagome who 'cusses like a sailor' but I find it entirely believable that, in time, she might succumb to a "damn, or dammnit" in a fit of rage.

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
SilentlyFuming
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Question 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8
I agree w/ Mistress Sianna. And also, there are just some situations where 'shoot' or 'darn it' just don't cut it. *^_^*

Logged Logged
Fallendoll
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Question 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 6
Mistress Sianna wrote:

While I also agree that Kagome is not normally prone to such language, I think that that it would be entirely possible that over time she would pick up the habit from Inuyasha. In the manga, the hanyou's language is near atrocious at times and even in the anime he is known to utter the phrase "Damn it all!"

I definitely agree with this. Life in general could influence her to change her habits concerning cursing. If you are writing about an older Kagome, she won't necessarily have the same habits as a fifteen year old. I certainly didn't curse when I was fifteen, but tack on twelve years, stints as a jailer and a truck driver, and I have to focus not to cuss. Except around my Mom. I think she would still slap me silly. Don't want to chance it. >:3

Logged Logged
Kogasangel
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Question 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11
While I also agree that Kagome isn't prone to outbursts of cussing, I do think that Kagome has a side to her that will erupt and as she gets older, will probably incorporate cussing when the situation calls for it. I guess it is all about what the situation call for, in the author's opinion.

Logged Logged
Bleuborzoi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Question 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
I believe it will partially have to do with if the fanfiction is either AU or Canon. In canon fics it is quite OOC if she goes into cussing fits--something Inuyasha is more likely to do. However, I think that in an AU fic minor OOC traits (such as cursing) can be forgiven. In AU fics the situations the characters are experiencing, their culture, and their upbringing is entirely different than in a canon universe setting. This is not to say that I think every other word out of her mouth should be a cuss word in an AU fic x3, but more than in the anime/manga is understandable.

Logged Logged
AmIOtaku
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Question 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 14
I think that Kagome is more prone to being a girl who will display her ire at people or situations physically than verbally. But, I also think that, especially her being around Inuyasha and other characters enough, that at the very least she curses a lot in her mind. She's around Inu and his brashness hours upon hours after all.

It is plausible to me that she have bouts of mild to moderate cussing. I just don't expect her to have a sailor mouth. Unless she gets extremely p.o.- then, that's all pure emotion. Anything goes.

I guess it's all subjective though. Does it make any sense in someone's fic that she swears a lot- or is it swearing for the sake of swearing? Filler, if you will.

I mean the same can be said for a lot of stuff she does in any author's fic. It can be extremely OOC. I don't see her as a girl, based on the original, who would be an extremely adventurous person in the ways of sex, but I'll still avidly read a fic with her doing various things. And I'll applaud an author who can make it seem like Kagome could very well turn out that way.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/02 09:25 By AmIOtaku. Reason: none

I am off in my own world.

You want me to send a postcard or something?
Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Question 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
Lol I write stories that are very OOC and I usually have Kagome cuss a lot when she is mad or whatever. I just think it is funny trying to imagine that.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.