Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Leave Reviews!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Leave Reviews!
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 34
OMG!! This annoys me soo much. When people read a story and don't leave a review. There is nothing i hate more than that. I try to leave a review everytime i read something.

What bugs me the most is that one of my stories had just over 1000 reads and i had 3 review now i have over 5000 read and 5 reviews . This is soo annoying. So i want to know if you are ones of the guilty ones that need to be punished by my special tickle torture because you don't leave reviews or... if you are one of those authors out there who is disappointed because no one leaves reviews

Please, come and let me know cuz right now i am fuming!

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 25
A lot of people don't leave reviews. It sucks, but it happens. Maybe they are afraid. I know sometimes I'm afraid to leave comments on stories. Some authors don't take criticism well, even if it's constructive, and automatically go on the defensive. Sometimes a story doesn't make an impression. Maybe they didn't like the story and would rather remain quiet than speak their feelings and possibly hurt the author's feelings. Who knows. Isn't writing supposed to be about personal enjoyment anyway?

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 91
get used to it. People are not going to leave reviews, period, end of discussion. Less than 1% of those that read stories are going to review them. That's the way it's always been and the way it always will be.

Plus, really, if you write for yourself reviews shouldn't matter.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Akay
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 18
People not reviewing, while annoying is just the way things been since fanfiction been fanfiction. You can't make anyone review, you can't force them. Some people probably don't review because they don't really know what to say. And do you really really honestly want a slew of "great story update soon"? Write for yourself and it makes the day better. I understand that it does annoy you and everything, but don't let it bug you too much.

I ignore the hit count thing anyway, but if I see it I just be like hmm... there's a lot of people refreshing my story. I mean I know I refresh a page a couple a times a day, then you got those people that like to go back and re-read the story and whatnot. I'm probably not making you feel any better, but I'm just saying don't let it get you down too bad.

Logged Logged
Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 10
I am a guilty one. I tend to read a story, and I end up not giving a review for said story. I will try to leave at least one review for the story, sometimes I will go as far as writing a review for each chapter posted. I do know how you feel though. I like knowing what others think about my story. The way I try to look at it, though, is if you have that many hits and views, then people must really like your story. I have a story on AFF, and in the week that I've had it posted, I only have about 20 hits and NO reviews. I think with something like that, I'd prefer a flame telling me to give up rather than the silence. Silence is so uncertain. Anything is better than that.

Logged Logged
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 40
It is rather annoying, but a good story does not rely on reviews. Reader opinion does not necessarily have to affect the story-writing process. There's about less that one percent of readers who actually leave a review anyway. And really, you can't force people to review.

In my opinion, there are certain things that make a good review anyway. A good review, I think, includes good criticism, offering in what the author might be able to improve in as well as point out what they've already accomplished.

But just remember to write for yourself. Writing is a great experience and there's so much that can be done with it. Just write, write, and write!

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 9
Ehh *shrugs* I'm guilty. I reveiw when I'm in the mood. But most of the time I just can't find anything to say that's really deep and meaningful so I don't review as much as I should.

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 696975
Hey guys! Let's try to keep the forum positive. There are many reasons why people don't review. I go through phases myself depending on what RL is like or my mood. However, let's not beat down on those who don't review. They have their reasons and this thread is not helping them.

Ask for reviews kindly, thank those who do review (my posting in their profile) and you'll see some positive results.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 58
I don't like replying to things unless I feel I have something worth saying in a review, or the author specifically asks me my opinion. and... I'm not ticklish.

Logged Logged

I like researching stuffs...
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 27
I suppose I am guilty... but mainly because I read at night and my connection and I take it as a sign that I should probably go to bed. Then again I do try to remember to go back and review later.

Lately I have come to review stories that are really good. Each time I review a story that needs work people seem to take my helpful hints the wrong way.

Logged Logged

Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 26
Ah yes, another reviews thread...

Personally, I used to get really upset when I would see so many read counts and so few reviews. Not that it doesn't still bother me from time to time, but for the most part I have gotten over it. I have accepted that MOST readers are just not going to review. On FFN, my story"Detrimental Desires" actually has more favorites than reviews, and most of the people who have me listed as their favorite author, have never given a single review. *shrugs*

I wish more readers would take the time to give feedback to their favorite authors, but as someone else mentioned, these things cannot be forced. Based on read count, the story I am currently working on is probably my least popular story to date, but I keep at it because I like the story, and I really want to share it with others!

Insightful, heartfelt reviews are great, but any one who is writing FOR reviews, should probably select a different hobby.

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 27
Lady Sianna wrote:

Personally, I used to get really upset when I would see so many read counts and so few reviews. Not that it doesn't still bother me from time to time, but for the most part I have gotten over it. I have accepted that MOST readers are just not going to review. On FFN, my story"Detrimental Desires" actually has more favorites than reviews, and most of the people who have me listed as their favorite author, have never given a single review. *shrugs*

I wish more readers would take the time to give feedback to their favorite authors, but as someone else mentioned, these things cannot be forced. Based on read count, the story I am currently working on is probably my least popular story to date, but I keep at it because I like the story, and I really want to share it with others!

Insightful, heartfelt reviews are great, but any one who is writing FOR reviews, should probably select a different hobby.

I have to agree with you. I never write the post a review at the end of a chapter because it isn't something that will be force. I realized long ago, before even beginning to write that it didn't matter if people liked or disliked my stories. I just want to write and share the talent and ideas that I have.

Logged Logged

Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Lady Sianna wrote:

Most of my stories are like that as well on FFN. I'm just generally happy that people find my stories interesting enough to read. A review is just an extra prize.

Logged Logged

Raicheal
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
I personally only tend to review on stories that make a big impact on me or do something very different that impresses me, but when I think about it isn't it a little odd to expect reviews? I know everyone wants to know how to improve, and if others like their ideas, but if it were a book instead of a fanfiction I wouldn't review it at all. I'd read it and if I liked it I'd recommend it to someone else to read (thus boosting sales of the book), but I am not the type to write a letter to the author describing how joyful I was while reading it - even if they are a fledgling author looking for feedback. I mean I have all of my favorite author's books and read them multiple times a year, but it has NEVER crossed my mind to send them a note. EVER.

So I personally think the number of views or nominations for awards speak more than reviews - after all 'it was good' is fairly ambiguous.

Logged Logged
oksana
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
I would love to write reviews,but I feel very stupid if only thing I can say that I like the story. I wont comment on story line b/c I dont want to upset authors, I have no imagination to write anything ,who am I to tell someone else that its boring or that I read it before? If I dont like it - I dont read it. And if I like it a lot - its in my favorites.

Logged Logged
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
oksamit wrote:
I would love to write reviews,but I feel very stupid if only thing I can say that I like the story. I wont comment on story line b/c I dont want to upset authors, I have no imagination to write anything ,who am I to tell someone else that its boring or that I read it before? If I dont like it - I dont read it. And if I like it a lot - its in my favorites.

i agree. that is why, sometimes, i don't leave reviews, even for stories that I really like. I usually have to have something to say other than "awesome!" or "I love it!".

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 216
i review a lot, but i tell you what would help, the "leave review link" was at the bottom of the page. only makes sense. and now b/c i did someone in Oklahoma has just spontaneously combusted. -__-

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Starlyte
Pup
graphgraph
I do try to leave reviews on all the stories i read as i personally know how great it feels when someone reviews. But sometimes it is hard to leave a good review without sounding repetitive. eg. "Well Done, Keep up the good work, or can't wait for the next update" These i use a lot, because truthfully i think it sums it up how i feel the story is and i truly mean it when i write it!

Logged Logged

** Everything shines when its blessed with sTaRrLyTe**
Sesshoumaru's Lady
Pup
graphgraph
I have to admit that I am guilty from time to time of not leaving reviews but it's not necessarily a slight towards the author.

But I do understand where you are coming from because I've had that happen to me as well.
However, I personally took my situation with a grain of salt, because even though a particular story/one shot didn't get any reviews, I put a lot of time of effort into it and am quite proud that for one, I was able to in my mind, create something from my imagination and second, brave enough to post it online for others to see, where they can either like it or rip it apart.

Hang in there and keep your head up! Because you should be proud of your accomplishments regardless of how big or small.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/06/13 08:38 By SesshoumarusLady.

Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Leave Reviews! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 34
You all make really good points! I should probably stop looking at that stupid counter, but it's sooo big!! It calls to me like chocolate during a period. I think i'm obsessed.

i know that many people who don't leave reviews probably have reasons, and many people probably don't want to leave reviews or feel like they shouldn't say anything. It just gets frustrating.

I think i'm just insecure about everything and my writing is really personal, so i take it as people don't like me. Which is shouldn't because soo many of you are already my friends *coughs* Angelic *coughs* (among others too many to write all out)

BTW inali...everyone is ticklish!! You just have to look for it. heehee. Bet i could....

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.