Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How did you hear of Dokuga?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How did you hear of Dokuga?
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 27
I was a frequent reader until I found Spark and then I decided I want to try my hand at writing. When Spark was in the process of closing down I figured I would mosey over here and have been a member ever since.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 26
I had been a secretly obsessed Sess/Kag fangirl for about three or four years. Before joining Dokuga, I was stalking sites such as A Single Spark and Ebony Silks. I first found out about the Sesshoumaru and Kagome pairing through Fanfiction.net (a friend had introduced me to the site). I hadn't read fanfiction before, and luckily for me, the very first story I clicked on was a SessKag! I was hooked on the pairing ever since.

It was through my stalking of Ebony Silks that I found out about Dokuga.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/23 02:07 By Honey-Bee.
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 34
I was a member of Spark. I absolutely loved that site. So when i heard that they were closing down, i was devestated. But then they mentioned Dokuga and were urging people to join them. I figured that i would check it out and see if I liked it. I did and now I am a very proud Dokugian who loves the closeness of their site. (I'd hug people right now, but it might be a little weird) lol

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
Terri
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
I have been a Sess/Kagome pairing fan forever. I was reading on AFF, FF, and A Single Spark, and when it was posted that Winter was making A Single Sark a read only and that there was a new site Dokuga, well I hop my happy self right over and read everything I can.

Logged Logged
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
I've been read fanfiction forever, so i was on ff.net reading sesskag stuff and kept seeing a single spark mentioned. I found my way there and lurked, then moved on over here when it closed and lurked some more until I found the forum too irresistable and joined.

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 91
I heard about it through the DLL group. I had posted a couple things on A.S.S. but didn't pay much attention about anything going on with it. There had been a post about Spark shutting and mentioned recommending everyone using Dokuga for their stuff. I hadn't been writing fan fiction long at that point, i was doing original fiction, but had a couple Sess/Kag stories at that point. The rest, as they say, is history.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 40
I heard about Dokuga when Single Spark was closing. I wrote down Dokuga's url in my planner to remind myself to check it out.

I forgot, naturally, since I'm a rather forgetful person. So about... a few months later? (I don't remember o.o) I went to check Single Spark again and it was already closed. That reminded me of the url I'd written down and I went over to the site to check it out.

I've been a member of Dokuga since then. But I was a member of a Single Spark since 2003/2004 (again, I don't remember).

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
Angel
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
I was a member of SS but when they decided to close down I came here. I think I joined when there was less then 100 members. But I have never looked back. I was a fan of fanfic for a couple of years before I had ever read a Sess/Kag fic so I wasn't new to the pairing but I had only been reading it for like a year.

Logged Logged
D.S Anno
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 10
im glad i came here though i dont write stories lol.

Logged Logged

There is nothing to fear, but fear itself...or a monster...or an alien...ooh ooh Alien vs Predator but that is just cool, not scary at all.
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 20
I too came here from Single Spark when I gained the courge to post my work and S S was not taking submissions and referred people here. I loved how close knit the Dokuga communtiy was and evryone was so nice and encouraging , giving me the inspiration to use my passion for writing fan fiction to the fullest. As one can tell from my first post , I grew more and more comfortable with both using a computer and posting my work for the public to read.

I had difficulties first starting [ as one can plainly tell from my first post Just To See Her Again. I was not too talented with a computer then.] and I have not attempted to fix it yet so I can remind myself just how I have grown as a writer frombeing here.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 277
I heard about Dokuga, both the Yahoo Group AND this Dokuga, before they were even born. Either of them. I guess, aside from the people who started both, that makes me the "old lady" here in more ways than one!

Through my association with Demonlordlover, as her beta, she informed me of her idea to start the awards group on Yahoo.

Through Demonlordlover and Vyncent, I met Miss K and got to know her through the awards group. As we were talking, she told me of her idea to start the website.

Needless to say, I endorsed BOTH ideas heartily and became a member of both as soon as possible... and the rest is history!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 51
Aww, I didn't know it was one of those!

No fair!

You cheated me!

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: -666
Miss Kagura wrote:
Kevin Bacon, are you serious?

I love Kevin Bacon!

I heard about the Dokuga awards from DLL I think (I don't really remember who introduced me to the group), and the essence behind that was kind of giving the fans what they want. DLL and I talked a bit about the issues at 'Spark and Dokuga was born around then.

You don't love Kevin Bacon enough if you don't get the joke. The six degrees of Kevin Bacon

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 51
Kevin Bacon, are you serious?

I love Kevin Bacon!

I heard about the Dokuga awards from DLL I think (I don't really remember who introduced me to the group), and the essence behind that was kind of giving the fans what they want. DLL and I talked a bit about the issues at 'Spark and Dokuga was born around then.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
I found out about A Single Spark after fumbling around FF.net and Mediaminer (was never a member just read a lot). Then when Spark closed down Dokuga appeared (thankfully!). So, I wasn't new to SK fandom.

Logged Logged

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: -666
I arrived here through A Single Spark (I think after the announcement of its closing) and set up camp. I actually discovered Spark through a review left on my story on my Mediaminer account and I took root there through the Feudal Association award group after I had artwork nominated from my deviantART account which I established after a friend told me about a fanart contest being hosted there. And I met my friend after she was introduced to me by Kevin Bacon

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Phirst
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
I found out about Dokuga through Fanfiction.net while reading Forthright's Imperceptible. I followed her link to her LJ and then followed that to Dokuga_Contest. After reading some of the entries I decided to join both LJ and Dokuga.com, since it seemed like such a great place. I'm rather enjoying being here. I'm pretty much brand new to both SK fandom and Fanfiction as a whole.

Logged Logged
LC Rose
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 39
ROo brought me here....or I stalked her here. However you wish to look at it! I was not new to SK fandom. Dokuga only encouraged that love to grow!

Logged Logged

~PPFT!~

Muses...cannot live with them, cannot kill them.
thirteenxwishes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 4
I was never really involved in Inuyasha fandom as anything more than a reader until I stumbled on Dokuga (possibly through a profile on FF.net, though it's practically impossible to remember whose it would've been!) The stories on here as well as the other S/K classics like HotM persuaded me to join in with the fun - so I owe this site a ridiculous amount of thanks for many hours of avid reading and for starting me off in Inuyasha and S/K in the first place! ^.~

Logged Logged
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
Actually the funny thing was that the ever popular YoukaiYume on DeviantART posted a journal about how she joined here and when I saw the journal and read that this site was for people who love Sessh/Kag to hang out without feeling ackward around those Sessh/Kagura and Sessh/Rin so I clicked the link and hurriedly joined that day xDD

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 696975
So i was just chit chatting with somebody about this on LJ and we were talking about old members vs. new members and our membership growth.

So, informal poll here. Where did hear about Dokuga? and were you new to SK fandom when you joined or did you join from somewhere else (like old member of Spark or the demonlordlover yahoo group). I'm curious.

Myself, I was a longtime member of spark and when I heard this place open up, i immediately joined.

What about you guys?

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Kame Hime
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
I'd read a lot on A Single Spark and demonlordlover's group, but I'd completely forgotten about Dokuga until LC Rose unintentionally reminded me and I started seeing more and more mentions of it on ff.net. And now I'm here. >>

Logged Logged
Lady_Angel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
I heard about Dokuga from my handsome man Anno. I am very happy to be a member here, and glad to have met so many kind people that is very talented at either art and writing.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/06/03 18:32 By .
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you hear of Dokuga? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 11
I was a member of SS for a while before Winter decided to convert the site into a read-only mode. From there, I joined Dokuga, as I heard the two websites were to be merged.

And I'm SUPER glad I decided to join!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.