Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
\\\'s in your Forum Tag
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: \\\'s in your Forum Tag
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
\\\'s in your Forum Tag 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 216
Hi Dokuga!

I'm actually making this b/c I swim in forums some times and noticed that a lot of your have these:

"We all have our demons, I named mine r0o. I claims Naraku\\\\\\\'s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o\\\\\\\'s Challenge\\\\\\\'s"

"\\\\\\\"

in your forum tags! I image some of you have figured out that it's the 's that them but not really the why? Well actually ANY time you make a change to your profile it will give you \'s on any 's you have in your forum tag, every time actually, even if your not updated your forum tag.

The best way to correct this is, for whatever change you make, save it, and then go back and remove those. It doesnt add them if your taking them away. It's not so much a problem i've noticed but i saw one person the other day who had 1 simple 10 word line in their forum tag but it was about 6 inches long b/c of \\\\\\\\'s

So, just wanted to share! - r0o

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
1CarinoInu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:\'s in your Forum Tag 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 9
Yeah, I noticed that yesterday when I posted for the GM challenge. I freaked when I saw all of those \\'s in my tag, but just went in my profile and cleared it out. Fixed it right up!

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:'s in your Forum Tag 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 29
if you delete them, they will still return. I believe it happened avter every post in the forums so they will just add back up again. you have to remove the appostraphe (sp?) Its happened to me before and wouldn't go away until I got rid of the " 's "

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:'s in your Forum Tag 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 277
It isn't just apostrophes either... it happens with quotation marks, as evidenced by the quote I have in my forum siggy.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:'s in your Forum Tag 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 14
What an interesting little bug!
*goes to play*

*comes back*

Okay:

First off, our forum is out of date. According to Kunena.org a new version of Kunena, 1.6.5 was released on July 27th. We currently have 1.5.7 which was last installed in 2009.

Updating our forums might be a good start to fixing these bugs.

I'll see if I can't find a temporary fix until then, though.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/07 17:33 By zandrellia.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:'s in your Forum Tag 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
The way I keep them outta mine is by using ` (above tab button) instead of '. Just doesn't help with the ones caused by "'s hehe.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:'s in your Forum Tag 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 22
I post on the forums quite a bit, and everytime you post a new entry in the forums it doesn't make another line appear. It's like R0o said in her first post, everytime you update ANYTHING with your profile you need to tab over to the Forum tab and take out the \\'s THEN update your profile. I've been doing this for months since I started collecting banners, and it's worked every single time for me.

:3

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:\'s in your Forum Tag 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 24
I was wondering why random /'s were showing up! Not in my forum tags, but in my story summaries. Now I know! Thanks r0o!

Logged Logged

Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:'s in your Forum Tag 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 53
It comes from being quoted in either the PHP or SQL content (or both). The characters ', ", etc... are all special characters to both PHP and MySQL so they must be "escaped" (that's your backslash character like \').

Now, depending on *when* exactly the escaping is happening, and the exact SQL insert command/options/maintenance scripts that run, the escaping could be happening multiple time, which will give you the double back slashes (one for the PHP, and one for the SQL -- \\\' -- You've gotta escape your escape character because it's a special character as well ya know)

One is normal for SQL text inserts, it gets unescaped by PHP after being pulled from the database.

More than likely, because of the CMS's hooks, the text is being escaped more than once in multiple modules, so you could have the text being escaped two-three times, which is just going to add backslashes .... 1 per backslash that exists (and if badly written, adding another to the ' character).

Cuz, well, each escape character must be escaped too ya know. Us computer people don't like doing easy things.

Edit: As a note, to *insert* the backslash characters to display as I wanted, I had to double them. The text gets unquoted before being processed.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/31 08:09 By mitharus.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.