Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Why the Site Was Down
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Why the Site Was Down
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Why the Site Was Down 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 51
Hi guys!

If you're reading this, you probably tried to access the site within the past few hours and weren't able to.

Our host, Lunarpages, hosts the Dokuga server in a huge data center in San Diego, CA. They had a very serious technical issue and for a few hours, websites didn't 'resolve' properly, which means when you typed in 'Dokuga.com,' the technical error prevented your ISP from locating the correct server.

The problem should be fixed now, sorry for the downtime.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Why the Site Was Down 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 66
I was wondering what happened. When I tried to access the page, I got an error message from Google saying that the page/address appears to be broken. Thanks for the info.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Why the Site Was Down 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 40
ohhhhh that's why when i tried to go on, it wouldn't display. that clears things up for me now.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Why the Site Was Down 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 25
*going through chat withdrawals* XD

Logged Logged
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Why the Site Was Down 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 26
It's scary how panicked I was when this site wouldn't load... I'm truly obsessed.

Logged Logged
Sailor_Saturn_415
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Why the Site Was Down 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
I thought my internet was down, but Gaia was working so I knew that wasn't it. Then I freaked out and thought the site might have vanished, the way authors do in the middle of a story.

(I wonder where they go? Maybe Naraku kidnaps them, or they get eaten by monsters, or they become trapped in another dimension... Or maybe they get sucked into a blackhole. Hmm...)

But then the site came back, just like the cat, (except it was a few hours later, not 'the very next day' )and everything was ok again.

I'm kinda hyper right now, well, at least my brain is.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/07/15 05:17 By Setsuna_chan.
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Why the Site Was Down 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 31
Setsuna_chan wrote:
I thought my internet was down, but Gaia was working so I knew that wasn't it. Then I freaked out and thought the site might have vanished, the way authors do in the middle of a story.

(I wonder where they go? Maybe Naraku kidnaps them, or they get eaten by monsters, or they become trapped in another dimension... Or maybe they get sucked into a blackhole. Hmm...)

But then the site came back, just like the cat, (except it was a few hours later, not 'the very next day' )and everything was ok again.

Smittee had little to fear. I was in chat when it happened, and I was told what was going on. Alas, maybe the authors jsut have a muse refusing to be nice anymore.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Sailor_Saturn_415
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Why the Site Was Down 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
Smittee wrote:
Setsuna_chan wrote:

Smittee had little to fear. I was in chat when it happened, and I was told what was going on. Alas, maybe the authors jsut have a muse refusing to be nice anymore.

So, the muse gets kidnapped by Naraku, or sucked into a blackhole?

Logged Logged
Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Why the Site Was Down 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 10
Setsuna_chan wrote:
Smittee wrote:
Setsuna_chan wrote:

So, the muse gets kidnapped by Naraku, or sucked into a blackhole?

My muses have either been kidnapped or have gone to visit the frat boys who are home from college. I really don't know where they have gone. And they were helping me with so many stories, too. *sniffle*

I'm glad the site is up and running again. I was sad when I couldn't read the updates on stories I'm enjoying.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.