Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
18+ art
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: 18+ art
SonofZhon
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
18+ art 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I was wondering about correctly categorizing art work. The submission rules say that works with "naughty bits" need to be marked for adult content. How do blood and violence count under adult content rules?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:18+ art 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 57
That's a fairly good question. I dunno, Wiccan would know better or Roo, although like books and movie industries regulate such content in the same way that they do for MA and MA+, but then they do that for coarse language too >.>.

Hmm it probably depends on the graphicness of the gore etc, I mean if you're showing entrails, viscera, and all manner of skeletal stuff like say a Zombie Sesh with bits falling off of him (like super high-detailed) I would probably error on the side of caution and go for the 18+ classification, but I tend to be more conservative than most anyway.

I'd say pop a PM off to Roo or Wiccan and ask the same question too, or just wait for someone to rep here like I did. Sorry I couldn't be more of a helping hand.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:18+ art 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 216
good question!

The idea behind 18+ art is mostly covered under "naughty" b/c gore and violence really doesn't pop up as much in our art even though we DO have a dark art category for awards.

Honestly, since there's NO rule about it gore/violence depicted in art, you COULD get away with it, BUT I WILL say that MA+ art would be anything that could NOT be viewed by everyone. If you felt that a 14 year old might have issues with it, or it might be TOO much for someone to see who might have lived through that, its best to go a head and mark it as MA+.

Material that is religious or questionable in general would also fall under this.

Mostly our issue is that unlike fanfiction with art there is E for everyone, and MA for everything else. You'd be so shocked at some of the lil stuff in some great works on here that have made that art work be marked as MA+ simply b/c of something tiny.

Thank you for asking though in advance!

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.