Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fanart Note
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fanart Note
Demonlordlover
Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fanart Note 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 6
I appreciate all the art uploaded, but have noticed some fanart also being uploaded by those that are not the original creators of said fanart.

If you are not the owner of the fanart by commission or do not have permission to use it, do not upload it.

There are a few exceptions. Icons and banners. IF you manipulate it in some way to create an icon or banner, it will be allowed unless or until the original artists ask it to be removed. However, when you upload it, credit the artist of the fanart. No exceptions. An author would call someone using portions of their story plagiarism, artists deserve the same rights and protections.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Tally Mark
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fanart Note 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 18
*coughs* Ah, speaking of which, I just noticed that somebody has uploaded my picture "Skritchies" to the fanart gallery. To their credit, they did cite me as the artist in the description (using my Devianart alias, tallydragon)...but, since I'm a member here myself and all, I was kinda planning on uploading it myself at some point...I'd have gotten around to it already if I weren't busy sorting out a few issues at grad school.

I'm noticing one of Youkai Yume's cover pages up there too, and Jinx_Star's. I don't think that either of them are the ones who posted their pics.

So anyway, ah...I'm quite flattered somebody likes my stuff, but...I'd really rather have it in my gallery instead. ^_^;;

Logged Logged
Demonlordlover
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Fanart Note 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 6
Miss Kagura took care of it.

Logged Logged

Shisaa
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanart Note 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
The definition of awkward, ne?

Logged Logged

Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
Unless an idiot dies, he won\\\\\\\'t be cured.
Katja87
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fanart Note 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm really embarrassed to admit this, but I'm not that smart when it comes to computers. What I do know I've almost always learned by trial and error. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could help me with posting fanart. I've got some fanart in the works, but I've never posted a picture on the Internet before. If someone could give me a walkthrough or even a simple explanation I'd be really grateful. Thanks!

Logged Logged
Demonlordlover
Miko
graphgraph
I haven't uploaded any fanart here yet, either, but I will upload some icons to give you a step by step. Since I'm not sure what you know and don't know, I'll give a complete step by step.

1. On top, go to My Menu.

2. Click on your gallery link.

3. Click the add photo link.

4. You have options here. If you are going to upload a lot of icons, you might want to click on the 'Add folder' option on the left so that they will all be grouped together vs. Individual art pieces. Or if you know you have a bunch of funny artwork or perhaps erotic artwork that you'd like grouped together. Think ahead in terms of organization to save yourself some trouble later on.
Since I'm going to upload some icons, I will click on 'Add Folder' If you want to skip that and just want to upload something directly to your main album, skip to step 8.

5. Fill in the empty fields. (Name you want for the folder and the title of the folder are not the same thing. The first one will be used in the URL direction. Title is what people will see displayed on the webpage. If you want something long and convuluted for the Title, that's fine, but try to keep it simple for the name so the URL isn't complicated.) The rest are self-explanatory.

6. You are not on the folder specifics. Just pick how you want your folder to be organized and a thumbnail size. It's preset at 150px, but most icons are 100px so you could lower it if you want. I wouldn't recommend enlarging it since that can take longer for people on dial-up to view it.

Then it asks for target sizes. This is how large the full-size will be. You have multiple options, so just pick the ones that will show your pic to full advantage. Too large and the resolution of the picture will suffer.

There is also an option to make the settings stand for all the items in the folder and any subfolders. Since I am using icons in this folder and they are all the same size, I can do that since it will save me time. Artwork is iffy, since the sizes tend to vary. Don't use this option unless you want your work to be all the same size and displayed the same way.

Choose if you want people to be able to rate your work or not. If you don't want ratings, make sure you don't click it. Save.

7. You can mess with the theme if you want. I wouldn't advise it unless you know what you're about, though, because after looking at it the pre-set configuration looks to be perfectly fine.

8. You are already in the folder you just created. Click the 'Add items' link on the left. Browse on your computer for the file you want to upload. There are multiplie upload boxes. You can upload more than one picture at a time. In the caption, state what you want the reader/viewer to know about the picture.

9. Click 'Add Fanart' and voila! You're done.

Logged Logged

Katja87
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fanart Note 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you so much! I'm going to try this out as soon as I finish my latest fanart. Hopefully I'll get it right. Thank you again for all the help!

Logged Logged
Demonlordlover
Miko
graphgraph
You're welcome.

Logged Logged

Ko Torii
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fanart Note 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Hi, I tried to follow these instructions for posting Fanart and once I clicked on the "My Gallery" link I got an error.

"Notice: Full error reporting temporarily enabled
testend
"

Also, when I try to enter the "New Fanart" page I get a message saying that I'm "not authorised to view this resource." (with the misspelling I might add lol)

Is this an issue with the website or some setting I may have on my account? I just can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks for any help!
~Tori

Logged Logged

Seeing the small is called clarity. ~Daode Jing

I claimed Sesshoumaru\\\'s Devilish Smirk at the CLaim Game!!!
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Fanart Note 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 51
I'm actually working on that area right now. Try logging out and logging back in to retrive a new cookie. It should work now, but if it doesn't, let me know.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
Ko Torii
Pup
graphgraph
I tried logging out, refreshing and opening a new window. Unfortunately I'm still getting that error message.

Logged Logged

Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Rawrrrrrrrrrrrrr! AMY SMASSSSSH!

Okay, try again. *crosses fingers*

Logged Logged

You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

Ko Torii
Pup
graphgraph
*sigh* alas I am still getting that error :/

Logged Logged

Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
I'm sorry.

I'm working on it now. When you click the Fanart section, there should be a link on the bottom left of the page that says "Your Gallery." Are you able to click on it?

Again, I apologize for the bug. We're honored you want to post your work here, but this bug is probably quite frustrating.

Logged Logged

Ko Torii
Pup
graphgraph
You mean the "My Fanart Gallery" link right? Because I don't see a link that says "Your Gallery." I can click on that, but when the page loads it is that error message.

As for any inconvenience; no worries. I tried building my own site once...and failed miserably within the first week. More power to you for no letting this site drive you crazy. I'm just happy to help you troubleshoot lol

Logged Logged

Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
It's actually a different link. The 'My Fanart Gallery' link is supposed to go to this one, and it's different for each user.

http://dokuga.com/component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,169/

It should be at the bottom left, just inside the little black border. If that link works, than it's the 'My Fanart' link. If it doesn't work, it's the gallery that's messing up the works.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/05/13 17:56 By Miss_Kagura.

Tally Mark
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fanart Note 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 18
The "Your gallery" link (near the bottom of the page when viewing any piece of fanart) works for me, and the "My Gallery' page located in the Quick Links section also works for me. I've never been able to get the "New Fanart" link under Quick Links to work. ^_^;; (not a criticism! Just letting you know ).

Logged Logged
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Okay! It's on...the list.

*scribble* -More wonky links!

Logged Logged

Ko Torii
Pup
graphgraph
Oh! Hooray! The "Your Gallery" link works. ^_^
I'm so psyched to start putting everything up!
*busily downloads files*

Thanks!!!

Logged Logged

Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
That buggy link on the front page should work for you now.

Thank you for your patience in resolving this little bug!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.