Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Question about the manga/anime, please answer
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Question about the manga/anime, please answer
Gabrielle
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Question about the manga/anime, please answer 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
Does anyone know if it is ever mentioned in either the manga or the anime why there are no youkai in kagome's time?

Logged Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Question about the manga/anime, please answer 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 42
darned good question actually... but I DON'T think she did. There was the Noh Mask as well which was done a little differently in the manga than it was in the show. I'll peek through some and double check but I think even though Kagome kind of discounted her grandpa's strange old ways that growing up on a shrine instilled enough suspicion in the whole family to never completely discount the possibility of youkai.

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Question about the manga/anime, please answer 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 91
It's another of those things that RT never mentioned. Nor did she actually say there were none. Add it to the list of things that were never mentioned or explained. However, there were the Noh Mask as Monti mentioned and the SoulPiper in the episode after that. Since the SoulPiper is a youkai there are apparently some there.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/06/18 18:27 By Danyealle-sama.

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Question about the manga/anime, please answer 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 42
oh I forgot about the soulpiper too o.o

I think it's best to think about it like some americans/europeans etc. believe in things like ghosts, fey, mythological creatures and stuff, I don't think it's too different in Asia other than the names differing.

on another note while I was reading through the manga again it looks like in the first few pages there's a bit about how Kagome can't remember anything her grandpa ever tells her about the jewel. So much so that when Misstress centipede pulls her down the well and shouts about the shikon that Kagome in after thought thinks "Shikon No Tama... Have I heard that before...?"

I never noticed this before o.O Anyone have any ideas about it? Ive never seen anyone use that in fanfiction before either.

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

Gabrielle
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Question about the manga/anime, please answer 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
Interesting. I never really thought about it before until I recently started re-watching the anime to get a better insight on the character personalities for my writing. I mean, could youkai have changed their appearence so much that in Kagome's time they are virtually un-noticable from humans? unfortunatly, I have nothing to support that hypothesis, it is just a guess.

Logged Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SessKago
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Question about the manga/anime, please answer 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
I don't thinks so but there are alot of fanfictions and beliefs that there are inu youkai in Kagome's time but they are hiding.

Logged Logged
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Question about the manga/anime, please answer 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 60
You know I really wished this topic was revealed in the manga and anime. It's little details like this that is ignored that aggravates me.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.