Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Inuyasha WORLD MAP
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Inuyasha WORLD MAP
see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Inuyasha WORLD MAP 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 8
Hi everyone! I was hoping to get your help with something. I am in the process of creating an Inuyasha world map - in fact, I only need to determine which villages get to have a place on it! To that affect, I have created a list of every village that was visited in the process of progressing through the story. I have high hopes that this will be able to help authors on this site plan future fanfics by being able to know the distance between locations!

I would appreciate if you took a read and let me know which locations you think are important enough to keep on the map, which I have also attached for your viewing pleasure.

Sorry it's so small - I wanted to upload a larger version but it kept crashing.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/04/15 21:52 By see03.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha WORLD MAP 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 8
Ugh, sorry the locations aren't in a text post here - whenever I try to put the whole list the site crashes.
File Attachment:
File Name: Inuyasha_Locations.txt
File Size: 6400

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/04/15 21:40 By see03.

Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha WORLD MAP 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 95
This....is SO cool! It would definitely help when writing about distance and such. Hmm but I can't really read the village names of the picture.
Hmm the demon slayer village is definitely a keeper.

Logged Logged

see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Yeah I uploaded a txt document with the entire list of villages currently on the map. Have you had a chance to look through it?

Btw, thank you for replying! I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in this, honestly.

Logged Logged

dancingfingers
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha WORLD MAP 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 33
I don't know... everywhere has their own history and is important to me, LOL.

Edo, obviously. Everything starts there.

Logged Logged
see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Yeah, I know what you mean! I do want to put out a really large version that you can zoom in on and see everything, so all locations are included, but I also want and easily viewed version that doesn't need much zooming in to read.

Logged Logged

Bora
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha WORLD MAP 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
That's really cool!
Have you tried watching the series from beginnning to end again, studying and mapping their whereabouts? You could take screenshots of each major and minor places so that when you hover over a dot on the map, the image would show up. I don't know much about code or if that's do-able, but it's an idea. Or just make the dots clickable, leading to a page with pictures of the place and a little bit about it, and the major events that happened there.

Logged Logged
see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Mm, the only problem with that is I intend this to be a print, and a simple reference. That's why I'm thinking for the basic map, I'm going to remove any location not tied to a recognizable character (like the village they visit when they battle the Nikosen) because then the remaining will be renamed things like Koharu's Village, Rin's village, etc.

I do like the idea, though, of basically another legend on the right side of the map that explains what happened at each location! Maybe depending on the font size (and eventual dimensions of the map) a small image could be included for important places.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.