Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
doujinshi or not
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: doujinshi or not
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
doujinshi or not 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 31
So here is the question I have to ponder and hope to get the answer from a wise and helpful mod.

Could I consider a series of fanart that does not follow the standard comic book/manga format but instead its pages still follow in sequence (Think like snapshots with captions) a doujinshi? Or no? Like single page comics but still in order. Like a picture book.

Confused yet?

So what is your call, our sweet mod? *blinks hopefully*

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

The administrator has disabled public write access.
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:doujinshi or not 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
I'M NOT A MOD!!!

However, I think as long as it follows the basic guidelines of what consists of a doujinshi it should be okay (cofirm with Priestess Sky or someone else of athority on this sort of thing)

When I think of an appropriate Doujinshi I think of:
1) inspired by, in this case Inuyasha
2) relating to the K/S centered rlationship (as is required by Dokuga)
3) has a deffinate plot/story to go with the images
4) I wouldn't say the images HAVE to be your original work, as long as the story is original and not a regurgitation of the series.
5) If using screen captures or others works you HAVE to have their expressed permission where applicable or a disclaimer.

Check with a mod to be certain. You might have better luck by PMing someone.

Curious to see what you wanna do with this so I hope you get approval! Good luck!
2)

Logged Logged
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:doujinshi or not 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 10
I'm not sure on the rules here but I believe a Dounjinshi is just a collection of things that fall under a particular interest. I think there are many Doujinshi's sold in Japan that aren't even artwork and just stories themselves. However, I like the idea and hope to see the art you have

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.