Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
OK lets get to the inspiration
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: OK lets get to the inspiration
Deus Ex Machina
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
OK lets get to the inspiration 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Inspiration is the main thing.
Inspiration is an artist tool.
Some might say its the main tool....

For me its music.

Lady GaGa
Utada Hikaru
The Mars Volta

Whats your inspiration?....

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:OK lets get to the inspiration 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 20
I find many things inspiring really. It can be a thought, or a song, or even an event that happened to me that I expand.

Take my fic "Wrong Number" for instance; it was a dare. I had received some...disturbing phone calls on my new cell phone; in that the person calling was trying to reach his 'supplier' [the number given to me by my carrier had belonged to another person]. The guy called me many times, unwilling to get the hint. A friend told me that I should write a fic about Sessh getting obscene phone calls from Kags...and then DARED me to do it.

My point is that, for me- inspiration can come from ANYWHERE.

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:OK lets get to the inspiration 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 78
I was inspired to write "Double Vision" by the ending of the manga. I enjoy a "happily ever after" ending as much as the next romatic sucker, but was Kohaku really going to happily integrate into everyday life? Was Sango going to be a happy housewife, taking care of all those kids? Would it really be so easy for Miroku to overcome his sex addiction, and if not, how was Sango going to survive in a little village, knowing her husband was screwing around with the village women? And last but not least, Kagome. InuYasha never chose her over Kikyo, a fact driven home for those of who are watching the new episodes of the anime on Hulu. After Kikyo's big romatic death scene, pardon me for doubting InuYasha's devotion to Kagome. If Kikyo was resurrected yet again, where would Kagome stand? I didn't want to bring back Kinky, I mean Kikyo, to prove a point, so I decided to use Rin. Now, the main reason I got so drawn into the word of InuYasha was the fact that there are so many parallels between the people I know in real life, and the characters in the anime. I decided to use the things I had learned from being around these real-life people, and explore how things would realistically go after the last scene of the manga.

My A/U fic "Into the Night" was inspired by two songs that were played back-to-back on my local oldies radio station. First they played "Into the Night", a song about a guy in love with a 16-year-old girl, which I choose not to interpret as disturbingly creepy. Maybe the guy is only meant to be 19, like Sesshomaru. Then, after this really romantic song, "Beth" by Kiss came on the radio, and I was turned into such a romantic blob of mush, I had to write something more syrupy than "Double Vision".

Logged Logged
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:OK lets get to the inspiration 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 40
My inspiration for artwork can be anything really. From music, to a person, to even a simple object like a piece of cloth or a leaf.. once my imagination starts acting up, I usually start sketching. Sometimes, a random idea just pops into my mind out of boredom.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.