Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
'Stealing Heaven' Readers . . . .
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: 'Stealing Heaven' Readers . . . .
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:'Stealing Heaven' Readers . . . . 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 29
ABSOLUTELY FREYA! I'd be MORE than happy to type it up for you. Not a prob at ALL.

And I'm up to date on your story! I just need to review. *smacks self* So if you need a sounding board I'm ready to go! I'll catch up on reviews and promise!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
'Stealing Heaven' Readers . . . . 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 39
Despite my declaration to post updates at least once a week it turns out this week's update may be delayed, as per my whole 'rl interference' issue. Unfortunately, it's not sick days or holidays or anything otherwise family-related that is the problem, but I took a really bad spill on the ice yesterday & landed on the side of my left hand pretty hard. Nothing's broken, just some ugly bruising, a heck of a lot of soreness and just a dash of wounded pride as, of course, this spill was witnessed by some neighbors . . . >_> and very likely the firefighters that reside in the station house directly across the street from my front door -_-.

Needless to say, this injury is making typing rather challenging & I'm not sure I'll have it in me to deal with typing up a chapter like this. It's taken me about 20 minutes just to get through typing this post. I'm really hoping the soreness fades faster than the bruises 'cause I love working on this story and would like to get back to work soon. :/

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 13:33 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: typo
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:'Stealing Heaven' Readers . . . . 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 28
Ouch, that's a rather nasty piece of luck! I hope you get better soon.

In the mean time, if you *really* want to work on your story, you might be able to find someone here you could dictate to over Skype? At least get some raw material on a page to edit over later for word choice, etc.

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:'Stealing Heaven' Readers . . . . 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 39
Thank You.

. . . . And that would be a great idea . . . 'cept I think our puppy gnawed on our headset (but I could be wrong, it might just be hidden somewhere and I should really figure out which) & I'm not used to 'talking' the scenes out >_> . . . actually very little preplanning goes into it, I kind of just sit myself down, go "last chapter ended here, new chapter should start . . . 'here' and make sure to include 'this, this and maybe that'" and the words just come out to make it all work as I'm typing.

I would love to dictate it to someone so that it could still be worked on, I just don't know that I'd actually be able to still work out the mental tangles that way

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 14:02 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: typo
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
noooooo! poor Freya! Man... you need to move to TX.... Like the Houston area specifically. And this in NO way has to do to with the fact that *I* live here and we could totally wreak havok on the South together... nope Im strictly concerned with your health... no ice in Houston. lol Feel better soon sexy momma!

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
lol- aww, thanks Mikki! *hugs*

We've had so much snow and rain here over the last month. Day after X-mas there was a blizzard that dumped about 2 feet of snow on NYC and it hasn't gotten a chance to melt because we've since had snow maybe once a week since then (not typical NY winter-weather) and we're set for another snow storm on Wednesday. I really should move to a warmer climate, gods willing if we ever get the funds together to move. And yes, Houston so that we could wreak havoc on the South is definitely an idea. XD

Logged Logged
Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:'Stealing Heaven' Readers . . . . 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
There's more snow headed our way Freya...I'm in Jersey so I feel your pain with the snow. I hope that you are feeling better soon and if by some chance you do feel like dictating I do have a Skype account! Here's hoping that the weather men are actually right for a change and it's going to be 41 and rainy instead of 16 and snowy! Feel better!!!!!!

Logged Logged

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:'Stealing Heaven' Readers . . . . 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 66
*head banging* I know exactly how you feel. This winter has been a nightmare. It just got started and I'm already sick of snow. It's to the point where I hate it when it falls, when it sticks and when it clouds up before it starts. I hope you recover soon. And yes, this is Canada winter not typical NYC winter. I'm already looking forward to summer. Hope you get better soon though. Sorry to hear about your spill.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:'Stealing Heaven' Readers . . . . 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 28
So much for global warming!

Oh well. It was an idea, at least! Get well soon

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Jupe wrote:
So much for global warming!

Oh well. It was an idea, at least! Get well soon

actually the joke about the term "global woraming" is that the earth actually gets colder durring global warming. The atmosphere heats up which in turn melts ice caps, causing overall cooling of terra ferma which in turn causes ice and snow storms. you arn't wrong. lol

And Freya, IF you find that headset I'd be more than happy to type while you dictate. I can get the hubs to take the kids for a couple hours while we have an online date Lemme know if you find the headset (assuming its not dog chow) and when/if you'd like to bop on skype or something.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Dani- yup, I really hope so, too, on the other hand, as a parent I hope that if it does snow, it's enough to declare the public schools close, because it seems that a tundra must be dropped on us before the mayor will let the schools close, so 8 inches of snow . . . a foot of snow . . . and this fool still expects people to send their children out of the house. Let me not gripe, though, lol. And thank you.

DQ- I KNOW! It's crazy and it's seriously like ' . . . where did this come from?'

Jupe- Thanks again, and I really did appreciate the suggestion (and it would not have occurred to me at all to think of dictation as an option). I'm thinking people in Alaska have no sympathy for us right now, though XD.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
MoxyMikki wrote:

And Freya, IF you find that headset I'd be more than happy to type while you dictate. I can get the hubs to take the kids for a couple hours while we have an online date Lemme know if you find the headset (assuming its not dog chow) and when/if you'd like to bop on skype or something.

Lol- thanks Mikki, not sure how much time I'll even have left today (it's my middle boy's 7th b-day and I promised him that at 3 he could play Wizard 101- all 3 of my kids were kept home today because it was 6 degrees out this morning in Queens O_O and since i usually have to wait outside school with my 4 year old for about 15 minutes in the morning for his teacher & then 45 minutes in the afternoon for his brothers to be dismissed . . . yeah, traversing the outdoors was not an option today) but if my hand's not any better by tomorrow than I just might see if I can't locate that headset and try to muck my way through at least plotting out the next chapter.

Hey, lady, speakin' of . . . ain't you got some reading to catch up on? ;p I know you're life's been hectic as of late, but I really miss my sounding-board!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 14:48 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: addition
Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:'Stealing Heaven' Readers . . . . 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
Ugh, I feel that way about my job. The big snow we got right after Christmas they actually expected us to come in. I work for a bank, in a senior community there was no way that any of my customer's were coming in and it would have been pointless to open up. My regional manager fought with corporate for forever before they finally had to close the whole company because the state didn't lift it's "State of Emergency" like they thought it would. I can see it being even worse for schools. I wouldn't want my kids going to school when the weather was bad. If it does snow I hope they close them for you if not I would just be like "yeah, my kids aren't coming in because I'm not risking their lives in this" and Happy Birthday to your son!!!

Logged Logged

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Lol- ya know, that's exactly what I put on their absence notes from the snow storm 2 weeks ago! The mayor waited until 5 am to make the announcement on whether or not schools would be open that day (mind you every other school in the entire city was closed) but when my husband stepped outside to go catch the bus to work he texted me saying 'there's a foot of snow in front of the house, keep those boys home.' So I wrote the teachers "Mayor Bloomberg may have declared school's open, the foot of snow outside of my front door said otherwise". The teachers can't stand him anyway, lol.

And thank you! Li'l man is seriously abusing his birthday boy priviliges, though XD

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 15:07 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: Typo
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:'Stealing Heaven' Readers . . . . 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 26
Awe... hope you feel better Freya! That sounds painful. >.>

/shudder

Unfortunately I can't relate to everyone... it doesn't snow here. If it does, it's one day for an hour at 4 AM. Guaranteed to be mostly melted by the time people wake up. I collected all the snow in the neighborhood last year and made my snowman. He was 6 inches tall. ;;

Global warming issss scary. My uncle says when he was young here we had giant icicles hanging from rooftops and frozen puddles. Well needless to say I've never seen a real icicle before. And it's a town event when anything freezes!

...so Freya, are you left handed? D:

....PS Sorry for mistakes, typing from a phone. @-@

Logged Logged

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
No, I am a righty, but it's bad enough bruising that it's causing pain when I type to fast or even just for too long and while I can still write it out I'm more comfortable typing when im in a creative flow, but O_o Fox, you're a genius! If I can get it written up by hand I can probably scan it and send it to some helpful individual *looks pointedly at Mikki ^_^* to be typed up.

Wow, you guys are gonna have to excuse me, I seem to be having a blonde-moment sort of day -_-. These are things that seriously don't occur to me. I mean, it would still take a bit 'cause Mikki has her li'l ones to mind a good portion of the time, but getting it done slowly is better than not getting it done at all.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 15:38 By Freya Ishtar.
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:'Stealing Heaven' Readers . . . . 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 26
LOL I have no idea what I said to inspire you but you're totally welcome? XD

Be careful though! Doing art and even mundane things could stress you hand and slow recovery. I got my hand caught in a car door once.. and it was electric. So as a safety precaution the doors LOCK. DhsgafahsgFafFa. Pain. My dad was freaking out and had to get a crowbar to free my hand... not even the inside buttons would work.

But yeah... touchpad, mouse, or tablet...none of them help to speed recovery. >< I would know... I didn't care my fingers were black I was gunna DO what I love doing. I dont know if you prefer writing or arting, but be careful. D: If one is giving you trouble, don't push the other! I got set back a few weeks for being stubborn. ><;;

I draw and write, too. Just most of my fanwritings will nevar be posted!

Logged Logged

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Yeah, that's true (and yeouch, damn, girl!) luckily the line arts I just posted I'd finished inking yesterday before the fall, so all I really had to do was scan them and for coloring I'm learning to mostly use the mouse & I use my right hand for that so *phew* on that count. I just found it upsetting when I went to bed thinking about getting to work on the chapter once the house was quiet . . . and then couldn't work on the chapter 'cause there was a welt on my hand, lol. And I always feel bad when I can't post, not necessarily when readers are expecting it, but when I'm expecting to be able to post it ('cause my readers are amazing & say things like 'It's okay, we'll wait!') and, because I've been keeping such a good & steady update schedule, I feel obligated to inform people of the reasons why when I'm not able to keep up to that schedule. :/

And I do have it in me to be stubborn. It did cross my mind to simply get some aleve so I don't feel the pain & can type no problem, but then that's a 'band-aid' solution, I'd feel fine for a few hours, but it wouldn't do any good for actual recovery.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
MoxyMikki wrote:
ABSOLUTELY FREYA! I'd be MORE than happy to type it up for you. Not a prob at ALL.

And I'm up to date on your story! I just need to review. *smacks self* So if you need a sounding board I'm ready to go! I'll catch up on reviews and promise!

(I admit I almost didn't see this post 'cause the thread did that weird thing it does sometimes and posted it to the top O_o)

Lol- you rock, Mikki, you know that, right? Good, 'cause there's some future points I need input on! So . . . expect my PM in a couple of days.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 16:42 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: minor addition
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.