Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Recommendations wanted!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Recommendations wanted!
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Recommendations wanted! 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 17
I have only a few things I'd like to say. 1st, I want more things to read and I would prefer they were long. Chaptered stories are nice, but as long as it's over 5,000 words I'm okay. 2nd, I want completed things please. This should be a no brainer but if it isn't, feel free to ask. 3rd, any genre, rating, etc. is fine by me. I'm old enough for MA so feel free. 4th, this is my final request but when you recommend, please recommend at least three stories? My reasoning behind this is simply because I don't want to run out of things because only one person recommened one thing.

Please and thank you and bye!

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Recommendations wanted! 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 19
I am going to give you four for now, seeing as how the first one doesn't measure up to the 5k a chapter requirement. Though it is a prequel to the one below it.

Past Transgressions by Oroyukae (rated MA)

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1183/1

Past Forgotten by Oroyukae (rated MA)

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1348/1

The Moon and the Cherry Blosson by BeautifulMorningSun (rated MA)

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2115/1

Second Chance by Striking Falcon (Rated MA)

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1067/1

All of these are AU. I definitely have more (both Canon and AU), and I will go through my fic list in the morning. I'm sure this can tide you over until then.

Logged Logged

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Recommendations wanted! 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
I suppose first I should ask which stories you've already completed. Here are a few of my personal favs:

Embrace the Silence by Trouble_In_Shangri_la
Silence is the voice of time, it speaks to you in a language without words. You must listen in order to hear it. You must watch in order to see it. You must be still in order to feel it. And then you must understand it if you wish to embrace it. Rating: MA

Dancing With Scissors by piratequeen0405
Kagome's niece, Rin, is left orphaned by a tragic car wreck, leaving Kagome to raise her alone. Or so she thought...help comes from an unexpected source, Sesshoumaru. The only problem is that they can't stand each other. Will they be able to act like adults for the sake of their niece...and maybe find love in the process? Rating: MA

The Flower Girl by Kanna37
The story of how one tiny child led a human-hating youkai Lord and a pure-hearted miko to love - all through the medium of her favorite thing... flowers. Rating: T

Absolution's Pursuit by Mistress Sianna
In cleansing a hundred year old blemish from his family, Sesshoumaru invokes not only the wrath of his great and terrible sire, but even the gods themselves. Faced with the impending loss of that which he values most, he must find a means of absolution… or he will be destroyed. Rating: MA

Chain of Love by Chie
Sesshoumaru's mother decides that the Western lands need an heir and hires a Matchmaker to deal with the job. She soon realises that no arrow of Amor could make Sesshoumaru fall and thus resorts to more extreme means - or rather it would seem, to a chain. Rating: MA

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/12/12 19:12 By Lady Kirara.

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Recommendations wanted! 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 156
Lady Kirara wrote:

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2161/1
Chain of Love: Sesshoumaru's mother decides that the Western lands need an heir and hires a Matchmaker to deal with the job. She soon realises that no arrow of Amor could make Sesshoumaru fall and thus resorts to more extreme means - or rather it would seem, to a chain. (INCOMPLETE & MA!) (incomplete however almost finished, and recently updated.)

Thank you very much for the honour, Kirara.

As a heads up, Chain is technically incomplete, but it's only missing an epilogue, which I will be putting up sometime this weekend. So it's almost as good as complete.

Logged Logged
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Recommendations wanted! 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 17
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the recs. I haven't many fics so all the things recommended so far, I haven't read. Thanks!

Logged Logged

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Recommendations wanted! 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 156
Here's a bit of everything, all completed works.

Dragon's Prey by CiraArana
A new kind of dragons invades Japan, dragons from the Far West whose prey are virgins. What is the best way for a girl to protect herself against these dragons? Well, it is obvious, isn't it ...?
Rating: NC-17

And its sequel Divine Concubine
A new problem, a new adventure, but some things never change. There will always be a lecherous monk and a damsel in distress waiting for her white knight in shining armour.

Peace Treaty by Piratequeen0405
After centuries of war between humans and demons, a new peace treaty is proposed to put an end to the misery and destruction. It is a marital alliance with Sesshoumaru and Kagome at the center.
Rating: MA

Unspoiled by Forthright
Something goes awry during a trip through the Well, and Kagome is stranded in the distant past, where she encounters a familiar face. When a very young Sesshoumaru decides to keep her, the consequences ripple through time. A serial tale told in bits and pieces. Romance takes the scenic route.
Rating: T

A Completely Innocent Addiction by Just A Starving Writer
An obsessed miko, a bored demon lord, and the shared need to be entertained, all combined by a completely innocent addiction.
Rating: T

Fugue by Resmiranda
The present revolves around the past, truth and remembrance are two different things. After the well closes forever, Kagome finds a familiar face in the present era.

Logged Logged
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Recommendations wanted! 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
Thanks for the reminder Chie! I totally forgot about Spark!!

Apples and Cinnamon by Sesshoumaru's Fiend
A sweet smell of apples and cinnamon tempt and taunt Sesshoumaru's senses and have been for quite some time. What's a big strong Demon Lord to do? Sesshoumaru goes into a strong heat, stronger than any other. What happens when Sesshoumaru's beast gets loose goes after the sensual scent? Rating: NC-17

Innocent Until Proven Guilty by Sesshoumaru's Fiend
You would be considered an idiot if you haven't heard of Taisho Sesshoumaru, the most successful defense lawyer in all of Japan. He has been practicing law for 3 years and hasn't lost a case yet. Until one fateful day, he meets her, the devil in size 8 sneakers; Higurashi Kagome. Rating: NC-17

Striking A Deal by KogasAngel
Sesshomaru and Inu Yasha make an interesting deal. Rating: NC-17

Winds of Change by KogasAngel
Sesshomaru has made a bet with his friends. He has three months to bed the frigid Kagome and prove that he did it. However, when Sesshomaru comes through, he does something that he instantly regrets and decides to deny that it happened. For Kagome, what happened will stay with her for the rest of her life. Rating: NC-17

A First for Everything and The First Time isn't Always Everything by NivalRose
What started as a one night stand began to turn into something more. Rating: NC-17

Atonement by Miss Kagura
Inuyasha has taken the only person his brother has ever cared about. He will make his amends by surrendering the one person he can't live without... Rating: MA

Coffee Shop Girl by *A-Kay*
He had seen her before. Several times in fact, for she worked in his favorite coffee shop. Though he managed to ignore the girl before, today seemed to be proving rather difficult. He has never seen her like this before. In a heap on the floor covered in three different flavors of coffee... Rating: PG-13

The Once and Future Taiyoukai by RosieB
The well was supposed to be stable. It was supposed to send her to Inuyasha. And it failed. Now, Kagome's even farther into the past and she must depend on a young Sesshoumaru, who has no idea of what their shared future holds. But then, neither does Kagome. Rating: PG-13

Temporal Sequence by Chaos-and-Serenity
Memories are snippets in time. If evaluated piece by piece they can reveal the foundation of a personality. But these snapshots of things past are meaningless unless properly sequenced. It's really all about the timing... Rating: R

Utopia by inumaru_rapture
4 years after she was forced home, Kagome and Shippo have been searching for any trace of their friends in the past. When Kagome gets promoted to be the Robot Inc.'s presidential secretary, who does she meet that unlocks all the right doors? What ghosts from his past is he hiding? Rating: NC-17

Girl Warrior by Rainumora
Kagome once had a normal, almost forgotten life. Her mundane life changed when she met him, a yokai lord, and for the first time felt a yearning from her very soul. Risking her life and reputation, she enrolls in the human army to escape exile and to follow her lord and love but fate has other plans. Can the two find love, or will destiny rip them apart? Rating: NC-17

Quadrangle by RhiannonoftheMoon
Be careful what you wish for: wise advice for a hanyou who can't make up his mind and may end up loosing it all. Or maybe it's Kagome's turn to choose? Rating: NC-17

ForgetMeNot by Youkai Yume
Sesshomaru was always one known for hating humans...Kagome knew it for sure. But what happens when she begins to see through the expressionless mask, and awakens an unknown emotion within the demon lord? Plagued with obsessions, dreams, and thoughts of the girl, he tries to erase her from his mind--however, this becomes an even more difficult task when she gives him a blue forget-me-not flower to remember her by. Rating: NC-17

The Assistant by Kiba
Kagome's quit her job, and Sesshoumaru's fired his assistant, only to need another one. When these two different people come together, will they get along, or will theirs differences tear them apart? Rating: NC-17

The Unknown Warrior by Rinseternalsoul
Kagome and her fiance, Kenta, visit the new Sumida Museum with friends. The Edo Period exhibit holds a beautiful statue of an unknown warrior and Kagome suddenly finds her world is hurled into chaos beginning the night it is stolen! She never expected Sesshomaru, the Taiyoukai from her past, to be the one who would forever change her future. Rating: NC-17

A Sister's Gift by Rinseternalsoul
The Emperor's High Priestess has called 100 of Japan's most powerful Miko's to the capital for some mysterious purpose. Sango worries for Kagome's safety during this long trip away, and plans a gift for her 'sister'. As her Youkai Protector, Sesshomaru is bound to the miko through magic, but this bonding could go much deeper than magic. Rating: NC-17

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Recommendations wanted! 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 17
Thanks everyone and may I say that more recs are always welcome.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.