Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Offsite/Lost Completed Epics?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Offsite/Lost Completed Epics?
Arcane
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Offsite/Lost Completed Epics? 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
Seeing as this is my first post, I thought I'd ask for some recs that might be challenging to members here.

Are there any epic stories (completed with a MA/NC-17 rating) that are offsite of Dokuga and/or Fanfiction.net? I haven't really browsed Mediaminer, seeing as how their search feature is crap and FF.net is more often than not full of 'tween' authors that I've sadly had to read through to get to the 'good' stuff. I used to be in the InuKag fandom way, way back when (early 2000's and all that) so I don't remember any of the 'older' stories that were SessKag. I assume most of those stories in the SessKag 2001-2004 bracket were lost somehow or were removed off the net. Seeing as how ASS had their earliest stories in early 2004, there's a good three years' worth of SessKag stories that might be missing.

I've read nearly everything of note on ASS/Dokuga and am looking for stories that are complete, epic-length (75k+) and are NC-17 (no T-rated or 'lime' stories, please... I want a mature relationship without the HS-type chastity). Also, no AU, please---I can't stand the whole Modern-Day Tokyo setting or the omission of *some* type of demonic roots that make up the whole series. If it's set in the Feudal Era or in a different universe that allows for Demons to still exist, then I'm fine with that, AU-wise (Peace Treaty being a good example of the type of AU I enjoy). Though... if the majority of the story is set in Canon with Kag/Sess making it through to the Modern Era, that's fine just as long as the majority of the story isn't set in Modern-Day Tokyo.

Hope that's not *too* specific, but I have a lot of pet peeves and I've had no luck trying to find stories that are either considered 'lost' or are housed somewhere else besides the obvious ASS/Dokuga/FF.net sites...

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Offsite/Lost Completed Epics? 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 32
Here's the very best of them all:

Tales From the House of the Moon by Resmiranda.

Rated MA, so YIMs, please beware!

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Offsite/Lost Completed Epics? 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 277
For all intents and purposes, this IS a finished story... and it is AWESOME in its complexity:

Violation of Honor by Rinseternalsoul

MA, NO YIMS!!!

Probably one of the last stories that she did before fading from the scene, but definitely one of her very best!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Mysticangeldust
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Offsite/Lost Completed Epics? 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 5
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
For all intents and purposes, this IS a finished story... and it is AWESOME in its complexity:

MA, NO YIMS!!!

Probably one of the last stories that she did before fading from the scene, but definitely one of her very best!

~~Wiccan~~

It might be my internet, but when I click on the author name MM claims she doesn't exist (but the story is there?). I'd like to read her other works as well if you know a link to her profile page.

Logged Logged
Lily Noir
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Offsite/Lost Completed Epics? 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
There are a couple in the thread here ---> Lost fic treasures NOT on Dokuga or FFnet
Maybe you'll like them

~lily

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Offsite/Lost Completed Epics? 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 91
AFF Has Violation of Honor as well if you can't get the MM link to load. MA RATED ONLY!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Offsite/Lost Completed Epics? 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 277
If you wish to check out her other offerings on MM.org:

Rinseternalsoul

Hope this helps!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Arcane
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Offsite/Lost Completed Epics? 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
naqaashi wrote:
Here's the very best of them all:

Tales From the House of the Moon by Resmiranda.

Rated MA, so YIMs, please beware!

Actually, that's on ASS and I've read it. Actually, I didn't really like it all that much like everyone else seems to (being from the Snarry fandom raises the stakes quite high for me in other fandoms---personally I thought Embracing Ice was tons better but that's just me ^^.

Thanks anyway for the rec, but if it's on Dokuga/ASS/FF.net, I've read it already! ^^

Logged Logged
Arcane
Pup
graphgraph
WiccanMethuselah wrote:

MA, NO YIMS!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Thanks! I actually haven't read this one yet. I saw the summary but was a bit squicked out being it's about torture/rape of Sess. Just didn't seem believable to me being as Sess is so damn powerful... however, if it's that good/believable I'll give it a shot. Thanks for recc'ng me something I've not read yet~

Logged Logged
Arcane
Pup
graphgraph
Lily Noir wrote:
There are a couple in the thread here ---> Lost fic treasures NOT on Dokuga or FFnet
Maybe you'll like them

~lily

Yeah, I did see that thread but I thought it a bit inadequate.. there's only like three replies to it and not very thorough ones T___T I mean, really, aren't there stories out there by the boatload that are only posted on LJ or MM or on a ML or *somewhere* else? I'd think there would be, but nobody's really opened up that can of worms thoroughly...

I *did* hear something about a story that was an epic that was taken down for plagiarism or something that I was curious about. Even if it did cut corners, I still want to read it to see what was plagiarized, etc. Curious like that, and all...

But yeah, that thread you mentioned: Not my idea of a good rec thread for lost/offsite recs. Hopefully this one will yield more results...

Thanks, though!

Logged Logged
Mysticangeldust
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Offsite/Lost Completed Epics? 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 5
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
If you wish to check out her other offerings on MM.org:

Rinseternalsoul

Hope this helps!

~~Wiccan~~

Thank you! I can pull this page up. Wow I'd forgotten how terrible MM's interface is.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.