Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Any Angsty Romance Recs?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Any Angsty Romance Recs?
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Any Angsty Romance Recs? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 29
I'm in the mood for some REALLY good angsty romances. I'm look in three different fandoms:
'Inuyasha (Sesshomaru/Kagome pairings, Naraku/Kagome pairings, or Kouga/Kagome pairings are all fine)
Harry Potter (Draco/Hermione pairings)
Avatar: Last AirBender (Zuko/Katara pairings)

I'm 26 so I can handle any ratings, but if there are Mature themes then I'd take issue if the characters were depiced in the story as minors. Don't like it. Won't read it.

I also would prefer works that are either completed or that are still actively being owrked on (anything that hasn't been updated in over a year, and isn't DONE is obviously probably not ever going to be finished... and then I'd read all 50 chapters and be sad when there was no ending lol)

PLEASE send me any links to any of these 3 fandoms that you guys really like and think I might enjoy as well. I'm needing some good ol' angsty romance to motivate my creative juices for my own stories (Working the GM challenge and am REALLY stuck.)

Thanks everyone.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Any Angsty Romance Recs? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 11
I'm not past suggesting my two, Secrets beneath the Surface and Until Death

My fav of all time was KogasAngel "Winds of Change" or anything from Kogasangel...check Spark under her name

Good luck!

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Any Angsty Romance Recs? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 24
I would also recommend KogasAngel. Most of her stories are completed and they are very good. (I, too, LOVE "Winds of Change") "A Question of Honor" is also a good one, although I'll warn you right now it's pretty dark and there's a chapter where rape is hinted at.

I also love Oroyukae's work, although I'm not sure if that's really angsty enough. lol. "...Feels So Right" is a really good one, though that's a sequel to "Wrong Number" which is not angsty. "Brutal Fate" is also really awesome. "Broken Promises" is REALLY angsty, but unless you are fine with Kagome not ending up with Sesshoumaru in the end, then I wouldn't read it. Oh, and "Capital Offense" is awesome too. I think it's best for you to just take a look... lol. Here's the link to her profile: www.dokuga.com/component/comprofiler/viewprofile?user=1969

Most of their stories are rated MA for lemons too.

Logged Logged

jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Any Angsty Romance Recs? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 7
I'd also have to say that KogasAngel's work is very good.

The ones that I'd recommend however are by Langus and can be found on Spark. The two stories are in a series, the first being called "Incomplete" and the second is "Sword of Supreme Conquest." Both are complete, but I must admit I haven't finished "Sword of Supreme Conquest." I'm pretty sure they'll be sufficiently angsty for you though!

Logged Logged

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
Langus
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Any Angsty Romance Recs? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 6
jaimesesshy wrote:
I'd also have to say that KogasAngel's work is very good.

The ones that I'd recommend however are by Langus and can be found on Spark. The two stories are in a series, the first being called "Incomplete" and the second is "Sword of Supreme Conquest." Both are complete, but I must admit I haven't finished "Sword of Supreme Conquest." I'm pretty sure they'll be sufficiently angsty for you though!

Wow! Thank you so much for the rec!

I'm currently in the process of posting revised versions of them up on Dokuga for you guys if you want to read (or re-read) them.

Good luck with your search MoxyMikki. As for me I'll be looking into KogasAngel's stuff. I always get jazzed to read someone I haven't before.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/03/01 11:00 By Langus.

[img] http://fc65.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/031/4/4/441a265f509fa2446485eec83c5450ec.jpg [/img]
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.