Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Through The Mirror by Sidhe NO YIM!/MA: Thoughts
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Through The Mirror by Sidhe NO YIM!/MA: Thoughts
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Through The Mirror by Sidhe NO YIM!/MA: Thoughts 6 Years ago Karma: 216
So, i'm reading Through The Mirror by Sidhe vor teh i-dont-know-how-many-times-time, and i have had a thought.

SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO HASNT READ THE FIC BELOW!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

So, yanno how Inu-papa's an asshat in this fic? Dead or not, he's pretty much a hookerface, that being said, Sesshomaru as a Tora and how his younger newborn sister were treated but a WHOLE new spin on the Panther Divas! Just think about that for a second my Inuaysha SK obsessed friends. If you've read this fic, then you know that Our normally beloved Inu is actually a TORA! that His Inu father treated him like crap, and then gave his new born "cub" to demons to feast on. Maybe the Panther Divas were trying to fight InuPapa b/c he was being so horrible to Cats.

I have no idea if Sidhe was ever going to bring that up, dont even know if she's still in the SK community, but the thought will not leave my mind. Any thoughts on this?

EDIT BY WICCAN: so... rated MA still for anyone who hasn't noticed the header on this thread.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2018/03/25 22:49 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: insert rating just because

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Through The Mirror by Sidhe NO YIM!/MA: Thoughts 6 Years ago Karma: 171
It’s been so long since I’ve even watched or read Inuyasha, been reading too many fanfics to keep it straight, but were the Panther Divas apart of the Panther Tribe that tried to bring their Lord back and he turned on them?

If that’s the case then that hadn’t even occurred to me in the many times I’ve read Through The Mirror. That does put a whole new light on that situation. It’s been a while since I read the story, but would the Panthers have even been in the story timeline or included if it had passed that point in the timeline? Because if it was included Sesshomaru may have acted differently. Hmmm....I can’t remember if Rin had been captured by the Panthers like Kagome had, but if she did then it definitely would have happened differently since Sesshomaru found her a family to stay with to keep her safe from Jaken, so she wouldn’t have been with him to get captured.

And with Sesshomaru being Tora would there have been any....I don’t know superiority over him being Tora and them Panthers? Didn’t the story make it so that Tora were at the top of the feline chain of hierarchy? So would he have acted the same in haughtiness and superiority for that reason or would he have to have still been pretending publicly to be a dog because of Jaken and the beings that held his Aunt in her golden cage?

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Through The Mirror by Sidhe NO YIM!/MA: Thoughts 6 Years ago Karma: 216
I am very literally reading the fic over this afternoon. If you look at the fic vs. the difference from canon IY, then we can't really say that the Panther Divas' arc of IY where they capture Kagome and the gang happened. I *THINK* Rin was captured as well, but not sure on that.

In the Canon Manga the original timeline had Inupapa driving the Panther Divas back from Japan Killing their father?, then some undetermined amount of time later they tried again AFTER papa had died, while Inuyasha was pinned to the tree, and came back again for the 3rd time ti try and bring their father back.

In the fic as you said, Rin is with Humans now so there's no reason for Sessh to be involved with it, BUT in the fic, the old Aunt was still being held captive, Sesshomaru would have still fought them for the West if only b/c the Inu Clan held his Aunt. Its only in recent post-Pinned-Inuyasha years that she got herself killed to free him.

In the fic Tora are top of the cat family, BUT Sesshomaru would have still very much been a Cub the time of the original war, It could have been started b/c they heard what Papa did to the Girl-Cub. While she wasn't Panther she was still feline. There's nothing really in IY that says that the type of youkai hate its own kind even if breed difference.

Like, you never see Inuyasha or Sesshomaru hating another dog of some kind in the manga or anime, but you DO see sesshomaru reacting to both Buyo and Kirara in the fic, most or less like he is a king of cats and they are his subjects kinda, but again who's to say the Diva's weren't offended on the cubs behalf simply b/c it was a DOG that did that to her.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2018/03/25 23:55 By sugar0o.

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
lol i just noticed your edit Wiccan Sorry about hat, i thought with it being in the title i was good ^_^

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
zenfluence
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Through The Mirror by Sidhe NO YIM!/MA: Thoughts 6 Years ago Karma: 23
Ahh dookie. I thought this would be a breakthrough announcement that this fic will be finished. Way to get my delusional hopes up

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
So sorry, no just a discussion.

Though i HAVE thought of a fic exchange, yanno for people like me who haven't updated in forever to trade their fic off to be finished how ever the new author sees fit, so long as the other author trades one of their own. Though, no one's really done it, i think it could finish off some old very good waiting to be finished fics.

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Through The Mirror by Sidhe NO YIM!/MA: Thoughts 6 Years ago Karma: 277
sugar0o wrote:
lol i just noticed your edit Wiccan Sorry about hat, i thought with it being in the title i was good ^_^

No worries, r0o, just making sure...

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Elehanna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Through The Mirror by Sidhe NO YIM!/MA: Thoughts 5 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 6
Well i did talk to the author several years ago, as this is also one of my favorites, and she said that she had like 10 chapters done and ready to post, but that her comp died, and while it was saved to a cloud/backup/thumbdrive, she still needed a new computer. but since it hasn't been updated in YEARS i don't think it ever will be. Which does make me sad. She told me that her creative writing teacher said she could improve, and that she felt like it wasn't good enough. I don't understand though, it was so compelling and fantastic to read, and it pulled you in so well that you forgot you were reading. very few fics and books have ever been able to do that for me, so this is compounded by the incompleteness of this fic..

Logged Logged
Marsha
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Through The Mirror by Sidhe NO YIM!/MA: Thoughts 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
No kidding. This is one of those docs I keep coming back to, in hopes of something new!
I also periodically stalk A Breeder's World. *sadness*

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.