Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Lesser Known Authors?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: Lesser Known Authors?
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Lesser Known Authors? 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 76
So, I've been lurking around for... quite a while. I've read, most of the big name authors that are well known across this site and a few on FF.net. So I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a few lesser known authors.

On a note, I'm not a fan of fics that include rape as a way to start a relationship (If it's a minor or even major plot event that is handled well then that's fine). Other than that, I'm pretty much up for anything. Amazing grammar isn't a must, mine never is, but if it's constant and breaks the story because of it at least warn me.

Thanks for your time, I hope to have some new reading material soon. Now back to my own search. I've been skimming stories for the last three hours and well, nothing has really tickled my funny bone.

Edit: I prefer complete stories, though readily updated ones are okay too. (I need to update my stories...)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/12/30 02:10 By Knight of Disorder.

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Blue
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Lesser Known Authors? 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 71
This is one of my favorites. The story is called Twisted Hearts by Eternal Fire1

www.fanfiction.net/s/3517478/1/Twisted-Hearts

Rated MA

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Lesser Known Authors? 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 76
Blue wrote:
This is one of my favorites. The story is called Twisted Hearts by Eternal Fire1

www.fanfiction.net/s/3517478/1/Twisted-Hearts

Rated MA

Thanks I'll give it a glance.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
Fictional_Reality
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Lesser Known Authors? 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 25
Hi! I would recommend these stories from FF.net (if you haven't read them yet). I don't know if they are lesser known authors, since they've been around for quite awhile. Their stories are not complete, but they should be far along into the story to keep you interested.

To Betray a Miko by Wren210 (rated M @ FF.net/rated MA @ dokuga)
link: www.fanfiction.net/s/12088434/1/To-Betray-a-Miko
This story has rape, but don't worry! It's not the starter of a relationship, but a big major plot event, that's handled very well if I do say so myself. It's mentioned peripherally and ties deeply into Kagome's character development.

Sesshomaru's Pups by Wren210 (rated M @ FF.net/rated MA @ dokuga)
link: www.fanfiction.net/s/12525600/1/Sesshomaru-s-Pups

Twenty Years by NoctusLegacy (rated M @ FF.net/rated MA @ dokuga)
link: www.fanfiction.net/s/12357345/1/Twenty-Years

It's Not Normal by NoctusLegacy (rated M @ FF.net/rated MA @ dokuga)
link: www.fanfiction.net/s/12463456/1/It-s-not-Normal

These are from my own list of favorites that I'd recommend to anyone looking for a good read, especially a good sesskag story!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!
Happy readings~!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/12/30 14:10 By fictional_reality. Reason: I forgot to mention a warning of a story plot event.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Fictional_Reality wrote:
Hi! I would recommend these stories from FF.net (if you haven't read them yet). I don't know if they are lesser known authors, since they've been around for quite awhile. Their stories are not complete, but they should be far along into the story to keep you interested.

To Betray a Miko by Wren210 (rated M @ FF.net/rated MA @ dokuga)
link: www.fanfiction.net/s/12088434/1/To-Betray-a-Miko
This story has rape, but don't worry! It's not the starter of a relationship, but a big major plot event, that's handled very well if I do say so myself. It's mentioned peripherally and ties deeply into Kagome's character development.

Sesshomaru's Pups by Wren210 (rated M @ FF.net/rated MA @ dokuga)
link: www.fanfiction.net/s/12525600/1/Sesshomaru-s-Pups

Twenty Years by NoctusLegacy (rated M @ FF.net/rated MA @ dokuga)
link: www.fanfiction.net/s/12357345/1/Twenty-Years

It's Not Normal by NoctusLegacy (rated M @ FF.net/rated MA @ dokuga)
link: www.fanfiction.net/s/12463456/1/It-s-not-Normal

These are from my own list of favorites that I'd recommend to anyone looking for a good read, especially a good sesskag story!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!
Happy readings~!

I'll give these a look as well. Got a whole new bookmark folder ready.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Lesser Known Authors? 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 109
I recommend Midori Haru. I've really enjoyed reading some of her long chapter fics she has published.

Also maybe try: lone saiyan woman, profiler120 (I really like some of this author's stories), and Mikazuki-Tsuki (This author's "Simply Business" is such a cute story).

Some of these authors do have works that are rated MA (for the YIMS out there reading this thread).

Happy Reading!

Logged Logged
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Lesser Known Authors? 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 171
I don’t know if these are lesser known authors, but they’re stories that I don’t normally see when I go snooping through people’s favorites on ff.net.

Unexpected Spring By: SomewhereInKansas
When a glitch takes Kagome Higurashi 100 years later into the past than she intended, what possible reason could the stoic Lord Sesshomaru have for waiting for her?
Rated: M(MA on Dokuga), Romance, Chapters: 26, Complete

Wandering Ways By: Marina Lenore
At the final battle with Naraku two unexpected things happen - the first being Naraku shattering the Shikon just before his death, and the second being a forging of a connection that nobody could possibly have predicted. Well, nobody except Miroku, that is. Complete.
Rated: M(MA on Dokuga), Romance/Family, Chapters: 39, Complete

Sesshomaru's Captive By: Miko Anna
Sesshomaru has been looking for a way to get back at InuYasha ever since the Tetsaiga was left to him. One day the opportunity finally knocks when he needs a girl that can see the jewel shards to help him find Naraku.
Rated: M(MA on Dokuga), Romance/Adventure, Chapters: 50, Complete

Rewind By: ZooZebra
Sesshomaru has a chance to find someone who went missing in the future. But Kagome waltzes in and changes everything...There is a legend, speaking of not one, but TWO shikon jewels. Will having a miko's fate cost her everything? Even herself?
Rated: M(MA on Dokuga), Romance/Angst, Chapters: 41, Incomplete

My Silver Dog By: blueiceland
Due to Kagome's power, the Lord of the Western Land involuntarily returned into his younger past form who simply followed his instinct to protect her.How could Kagome cope with an overprotective HUGE silver dog following her everywhere? SessKag ch15isUP!
Rated: T(M on Dokuga), Drama/Humor, Chapters: 16, Incomplete

History Lessons By: Echo Hunter
Kagome was called in to give the presentation on the new Sengoku Jidai Showcase at the Museum. A pair of familiar golden eyes had her grasping for threads of her broken reality only to discover she wasn't as alone as she originally thought.
Rated: T(M on Dokuga), Romance/Family - Chapters: 17, Incomplete

Unstable Assassin By: JoeRhys
They were at war and she fought for the highest bidder, demon or human. She was no saint. She was no savior. She was no hero. She was the Asa Shin Fujo. The assassin priestess. Her current benefactor wanted a certain Lord of the West dead. Unfortunately for them, they were unaware that their current killer for hire had a secret. A secret that made her lethal and a bit unstable.
Rated: M(MA on Dokuga), Mystery/Adventure, Chapters: 37, Complete

Logged Logged
Fictional_Reality
Pup
graphgraph
Hello, again! I have some more recommendations!

God in Sunlight by loveliex (rated M @ FF.net/rated MA @ dokuga) This story is pretty recent.
Inuyasha makes a choice that leads to Kagome's death at Naraku's hands and causes discord in their group with it's newest member, Kikyo. But can they trust her after everything that's happened? Unknown to the group, Kagome survives thanks to Lord Sesshomaru, in turn, becoming his possession and Lady of the west. A God, regal and all powerful learns to love one so devoted to him.

Kagome's Trial by firevixen73 (rated T) This one's pretty old, but it's been recently updated.
Kagome has a problem, a very big problem. Inuyasha would kill her if he knew, hell, Sesshomaru would help. Really what could she say to them? 'Your fathers ghost is stalking me, trying to make me save Sesshomaru's life'...that's not going to go over well

The Edge by Narumi Jung (rated M @ FF.net/rated MA @ dokuga)
She promised herself she would fight until she had no more strength, she vowed to never lose hope even in the darkest times, but tonight she was about to give up. She was too close to breaking, she could taste her death in the air, she knew she was standing on the edge of her life and just tonight, she needed someone to save her.

fringperson over at FF.net has some good sesskag oneshots. fringeperson does have one good completed chapter story with a sesskag pairing, but its a Pokemon crossover (1st gen). It's a very cute story, also very well written!

A Miko and her 'Mon by fringeperson (rated T, complete with 28 chapters)
A young girl with the powers of a miko leaves the family shrine in Pallet Town to go on a journey of discovery, and she's going to discover it with her 'mon at her side. Don't own. Inspired by YoukaiYume's picture on Deviant Art: "SessKag: I Choose You"

I also recommend some of Serena530's recommendation:

Wandering Ways By: Marina Lenore
At the final battle with Naraku two unexpected things happen - the first being Naraku shattering the Shikon just before his death, and the second being a forging of a connection that nobody could possibly have predicted. Well, nobody except Miroku, that is. Complete.
Rated: M(MA on Dokuga), Romance/Family, Chapters: 39, Complete

My Silver Dog By: blueiceland
Due to Kagome's power, the Lord of the Western Land involuntarily returned into his younger past form who simply followed his instinct to protect her.How could Kagome cope with an overprotective HUGE silver dog following her everywhere? SessKag ch15isUP!
Rated: T(M on Dokuga), Drama/Humor, Chapters: 16, Incomplete

Unstable Assassin By: JoeRhys
They were at war and she fought for the highest bidder, demon or human. She was no saint. She was no savior. She was no hero. She was the Asa Shin Fujo. The assassin priestess. Her current benefactor wanted a certain Lord of the West dead. Unfortunately for them, they were unaware that their current killer for hire had a secret. A secret that made her lethal and a bit unstable.
Rated: M(MA on Dokuga), Mystery/Adventure, Chapters: 37, Complete

Are you interested in crossovers outside of the sesskag pairing? because I know some really good ones that have Kagome as the main female lead. I'll send you links if you're interested!

Here's one for example, it's a Lord of the Rings crossover with Kagome and Legolas as the main pairing, but Sesshoumaru is in the story, too!

Sweet Miko of Mine by vanialex (rated M @ FF.net/rated MA @ dokuga) It's still incomplete though, I'm waiting for the next update and it's been months since it's last update...

It's been 200 years since Naraku was defeated, and Kagome stayed by Sesshomaru's side as his ward and princess to the West. Fluxes in the dimensions landed them in Middle Earth, where they now help in the destruction of a new source of terrible power. Kagome finds that her destiny has never been in her own time as she discovers her true love in the tall, blond elf prince.

How about a Final Fantasy VII crossover with a Sephiroth/Kagome pairing? Hehe~ Anyways I'll send you the links if you're interested!

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Thanks to everyone, I'll add them to my list and see what I can find.

@Fictional_Reality: I read pretty much only Sess/Kag. Not sure why but I've just not found an interest in any other fandom or pairing.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
Fictional_Reality
Pup
graphgraph
Well, maybe you should start with crossovers that have sesskag pairings. I know that sarhea has one, and Makuro767 also has a few crossover stories with sesskag pairings. Even though they're not lesser known authors, like you asked, at the very least, give their stories a chance! They're all very well written.

If you're not really interested, then you don't have to read them. I'll just have the ones with sesskag pairings here, if you change your mind, and you can always ask me for more recommendations of sesskag stories (crossover or not)

Connections rated MA, incomplete
Fusion/Crossover with Naruto; Sesshoumaru is the Daimyo of Yama no Kuni and Kagome is his wife. This is the story of their life together and their connections to the Hidden Villages. Responses to various prompts/challenges.

If You Say So... rated M, incomplete
Bleach-verse!! Kagome moved to Karakura prefecture in an attempt to forget her adventure in Sengoku Jidai. Ending up lodging with Sesshoumaru as her landlord, add in her trouble magnet ability and Bleach characters into the mix, what will happen? Sesshoumaru sure regret offering her a place...

Frozen; Prologue rated M, complete
A sudden unexpected tragedy claimed Kagome's life. Returned to the world as a Yuki Onna, how would she cope with her new life or even to protect her heart when she can only love one more time or else lose her sanity?

Although this story is not a crossover, it's sequel is.

Frozen; Epilogue rated MA, incomplete
Fast forward 500 years into the future... Osoroshii Sho has always though himself a human with strange birth defect. However, the idea was challenged upon meeting with Higurashi Kagome. Was he something more than what the mirror and his blood tell him? Hunted and haunted, he searched for the truth...A Feudal Fairy Tale set in the Heisei Era...

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
I'll give them a look, I have read most of sarhea's work but it's worth another glance.

Logged Logged

My Motto:

My Belief:
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.