Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Repetition
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Repetition
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Repetition 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 171
So I came across a couple of Pride and Prejudice stories a while ago that did this, but they got taken down by the author because they ended up publishing them. Only the first chapter remained of those stories, and I've been looking for something like it ever since.

But anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has come across any stories where either Kagome or Sesshomaru or both of them end up repeating a day over and over and over again? It could be because there was a glitch in something or some magic afoot that causes it to happen, and they either have to fix the glitch, behavior, decision, or counteract the magic responsible in order to get the loop to stop. It would go on for weeks or months as they try to figure out why it's happening and how to fix it.

If anyone has come across something like this please let me know. Or someone could go ahead and decide they like the sound of this and try their hand at writing a story or drabble like it.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Repetition 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 171
Here are some examples of what I mean...

Sailor Moon:
Every Day Is Exactly The Same by Princess Destiny
Usagi and Mamoru have discovered their pasts in the Starlight Tower, but now they seem to be stuck in a timeloop and don't know how to get out of it.
Rated: M, Romance/Humor, Chapters: 1, Usagi T./Serena/Bunny/Sailor Moon, Mamoru C./Darien S./Tuxedo Kamen, Status: Complete

Naruto:
Chunin Exam Day by Perfect Lionheart
Naruto finds he is flung back in time and must repeat the entire Chunin exam over and over and over, until he gets it right and possibly saves Konoha in the bargain.
Rated: M, Adventure/Humor, Naruto U., Chapters: 77

Pride and Prejudice:
Hunsford Day by Astonishment
The day of the Hunsford proposal is repeated over and over, Groundhog Day style; from Elizabeth's POV. This OOC story begins after the disastrous Hunsford proposal. (Copyright 2013) (Sample only)
Rated: K+, Parody/Humor, Chapters: 1, Elizabeth, Mr. Darcy, Status: Complete

Meryton Revisited by Astonishment
The day of the Meryton assembly is repeated over and over until Darcy gets it right; Groundhog Day style. (Copyright 2012) (Sample only)
Rated: K, Humor/Parody, Chapters: 1, Elizabeth, Mr. Darcy, Complete

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/08/15 17:39 By Serena530.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Repetition 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 76
I feel like I might have read something along those lines in the last few years but I'm not sure. I know I didn't add it to a favorite list since this is only site I use one on and I've not read one here. I'm not even sure if that's what was happening. Neat idea though.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Repetition 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 38
This is becoming really popular in film right now. I've never seen a fic like it though. Maybe you should write one? I'd read it

Logged Logged

Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
I am considering trying my hand at it. I've had the beginnings of an idea for a while, but I haven't gotten around to adding anything to that idea. Been working on too many other stories, but I'm sure I'll get around to it. I just wondered if anyone else ever had in this fandom.

Logged Logged
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Thanks Chie! That was the exact type of example I was looking for. Made sure to add it to my favorites. I wonder if there are more out there. Thanks again for posting the fic.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Repetition 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 156
There's a one shot of Sesshoumaru and Kagome having to repeat a Valentines day in Kagome’s time Groundhog day style. I don't know much else of the fic, just remember this from a description of an old forum thread where someone was trying to find it.

The fic is The One Indulgence by claymaker, rated T on FFnet.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/08/17 16:12 By Chie.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Repetition 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 76
I've thought about it. If I did it would have to be a one-shot. I have far to many other incomplete stories that I've got to finish to start another one. I will think on it. The concept is cool, though I'm not sure how to resolve it.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
My thoughts exactly. The Sailor Moon example is a oneshot, so it can be done. It'll just take some serious thought or a sudden idea that just keeps rolling.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.