Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Action, with a Healthy Drizzle of Romance
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Action, with a Healthy Drizzle of Romance
Philosophy Blue
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Action, with a Healthy Drizzle of Romance 1 Year, 9 Months ago Karma: 5
In the Shadows of Hate by Zyren (rated MA) has been one of my favorite SessKag fics so far, and some things that I love about it is that Kagome is strong, but for an actually legitimate reason, and within reasonable limits, unlike so many other fics out there. I just finished rereading it for what must be the millionth time, and I would like to know if there are any other fics out there that resemble it. Plenty of action with a healthy drizzle of romance would be nice.

Cheers!

Stardust Miko

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/01/17 01:26 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: insert rating
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Action, with a Healthy Drizzle of Romance 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 62
I have a few questions. Do you consider extensive training to be a legitimate reason? How about being made into a demi-goddess by a goddess? How about being turned into a youkai? I want to post recommendations that are adequately suited to your request.

SS

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/01/25 11:56 By silentsoliloquy82.
Philosophy Blue
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Action, with a Healthy Drizzle of Romance 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
Thanks for replying-- and yes, extensive training is the most legitimate reason I can think of-- but time skips are sort of iffy. For instance, Running Up That Hill by TheHatterTheory is a great fic and it shows in detail how Kagome comes to be so powerful. No "she had a dream and became enlightened" or "Sango had taught her all the skills of demon slayers" because the latter is kind of ridiculous; how can Sango pass on a lifetime of knowledge in a couple years?
Sorry for ranting; it's just one of my pet peeves about Kagome fanfiction.
And as for being turned into a youkai, I usually don't like those, like "she woke up and became a demon" or something like that. But I can see myself enjoying something fun and reasonable. Demi-goddess? Why not?

EDIT BY WICCAN: "Running Up That Hill" is rated MA, NO YIMs!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/01/31 19:54 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: insert rating
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.