Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Action, with a Healthy Drizzle of Romance
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Action, with a Healthy Drizzle of Romance
gildedglass
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Action, with a Healthy Drizzle of Romance 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
In the Shadows of Hate by Zyren (rated MA) has been one of my favorite SessKag fics so far, and some things that I love about it is that Kagome is strong, but for an actually legitimate reason, and within reasonable limits, unlike so many other fics out there. I just finished rereading it for what must be the millionth time, and I would like to know if there are any other fics out there that resemble it. Plenty of action with a healthy drizzle of romance would be nice.

Cheers!

Stardust Miko

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/01/17 01:26 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: insert rating
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Action, with a Healthy Drizzle of Romance 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 62
I have a few questions. Do you consider extensive training to be a legitimate reason? How about being made into a demi-goddess by a goddess? How about being turned into a youkai? I want to post recommendations that are adequately suited to your request.

SS

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/01/25 11:56 By silentsoliloquy82.
gildedglass
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Action, with a Healthy Drizzle of Romance 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 7
Thanks for replying-- and yes, extensive training is the most legitimate reason I can think of-- but time skips are sort of iffy. For instance, Running Up That Hill by TheHatterTheory is a great fic and it shows in detail how Kagome comes to be so powerful. No "she had a dream and became enlightened" or "Sango had taught her all the skills of demon slayers" because the latter is kind of ridiculous; how can Sango pass on a lifetime of knowledge in a couple years?
Sorry for ranting; it's just one of my pet peeves about Kagome fanfiction.
And as for being turned into a youkai, I usually don't like those, like "she woke up and became a demon" or something like that. But I can see myself enjoying something fun and reasonable. Demi-goddess? Why not?

EDIT BY WICCAN: "Running Up That Hill" is rated MA, NO YIMs!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/01/31 19:54 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: insert rating
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.